2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

6 minutes ago, ObsessionofVanity said:

No thread for the sneak peak of The General?

Not even sure what the deal is with that. From what I can tell, it's a VERY shitty quality recording where Axl may or may not be singing at some point. I do know that you can clearly hear a Michael Jackson outtake playing at the 15 second mark. Either that or GN'R ripped off a Michael Jackson outtake lol

1 minute ago, Propaganda said:

What sneak peak?

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Wat

There was a shitty cell phone recording posted at another forum. You can barely hear music of some sort playing in the background. People are saying it's The General but trust me, it's not worth wasting your time on.

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Not even sure what the deal is with that. From what I can tell, it's a VERY shitty quality recording where Axl may or may not be singing at some point. I do know that you can clearly hear a Michael Jackson outtake playing at the 15 second mark. Either that or GN'R ripped off a Michael Jackson outtake lol

You can't hear too much detail but you can hear his melody. Words can be written by anyone, an Axl melody is immediately recognizable. 

Just now, ObsessionofVanity said:

You can't hear too much detail but you can hear his melody. Words can be written by anyone, an Axl melody is immediately recognizable. 

Yes, you can hear what sounds like it might be Axl near the end of the clip but then I don't understand the Michael Jackson outtake that's clearly playing as well. 

3 minutes ago, brownstone91 said:

And you're lying to yourself if you actually believe that. The Chinese Democracy track list would have been B-sides on the UYI albums

I'd happily replace songs like Bad Apples, Shotgun Blues, You Ain't The First, My World, 14 Years with CD material such as TWAT, Sorry, IRS, Madagascar, the title track, Better and SOD.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

It's funny you mention the King because the intro to The General has always reminded me of the intro to This Is It.

I don't even know how you guys can even distinguish that on the clip.

I can't hear anything properly, except the guitars in the beginning and Axl screaming his lungs out in the end, and I can't even understand what he's saying.

2 minutes ago, NicoRourke said:

I'd happily replace songs like Bad Apples, Shotgun Blues, You Ain't The First, My World, 14 Years with CD material such as TWAT, Sorry, IRS, Madagascar, the title track, Better and SOD.

You Ain't the First and 14 Years are both good songs that compliment UYI. My World is the only song on those albums that is replaceable.

Just now, Wagszilla said:

I'll give it a whirl.

Unlike to surpass this utter perfection but I'll try to keep an open mind.

http://a.co/aDn7Mro

Full Disclosure: I have never actually listened to Ca Ira. It's the one piece of music Roger has released that I haven't given any time to, yet. Just wanted to throw it your way :) 

1 hour ago, brownstone91 said:

And you're lying to yourself if you actually believe that. The Chinese Democracy track list would have been B-sides on the UYI albums

Get rid of the nostalgia and fanboy hate on CD. Some of the best melodies and vocal performances are on Chinese Democracy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I can hear some vocals that sound Like MJ for a moment, is that what you mean?

2 hours ago, Mr_Sparkle said:

Can someone PM me, I have a question about the leaks that can't be asked in public. 

The only question that you can’t ask publicly is “Can anyone link me to the leaks?”  So, what’s your question?

• Haha 2

On 6/25/2018 at 7:18 PM, Fashionista said:

If you like KMFDM, Prodigy, NiN, Korn, Rob Zombie you'll like Silkworms. 

That's NOT GNR. If I want to listen to that type of music, I'll listen to Zombie, Korn and NIN for industrial. Those artists were never classic,  blues based hard rock. That's not their specialty. Ditto with  GNR going into industrial. It was NEVER Axl's forte.