2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Just now, Lies They Tell said:

Not sure if you're talking about All GNR song or just CD era songs, but Nightrain fades out.

All GNR songs

Was thinking about Catcher and how the demo didn't have an ending - so it's safe to say any demos that fade out aren't "finished", per se

So just Nightrain?

4 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Before I compile my custom CD album I want to compile a 2000 Intensions version ... Do we know what the full tracklist should have been? 

No official tracklsit for 2000 Intentions, as far as I know. But, if it helps, here's my version:

2000 Intentions

1.Chinese Democracy (w/Freese) 2.Hardschool 3.Oh My God 4.Atlas Shrugged 5.Catcher in the Rye (2000) 6.IRS (2000) 7.There Was A Time (2000) 8.Riad N' the Bedouins (2000) 9.Street of Dreams (2000) 10.Going Down (2000) 11.Silkworms (Evader Remix) 12.Chinese Democracy (w/Brain) 13.Prostitute (Version 2)

I also made these for myself:

Chinese Democracy Demos

1.Chinese Democracy (MSL) 2.Better (MSL) 3.There Was A Time (MSL - Long Version) 4.Madagascar (MSL) 5.Street of Dreams (MSL) 6.IRS (1999) 7.Catcher in the Rye (1999) 8.If the World (Antiquiet) 9.Riad N' the Bedouins (Antiquiet) 10.Prostitute (Antiquiet) 11.There Was A Time (Antiquiet)

Chinese Democracy Remixes & More

1.Mi Amor 2.Better (Acoustic) 3.If the World (Brain Remix) 4.Shackler's Revenge (Brain Remix) 5.This I Love (Brain Remix) 6.Prostitute (Brain Remix) 7.La Bella Vita 8.Street of Dreams (2001) 9.Oh My God (Remix) 10.The General (Evader Remix) 11.Going Down 12.Silkworms 13.Better (DJ Ashba Remix) 14.The Ballad of Death

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

All GNR songs

Was thinking about Catcher and how the demo didn't have an ending - so it's safe to say any demos that fade out aren't "finished", per se

So just Nightrain?

Locomotive is another one off the top of my head. I think there might be one or two more but I can’t think of what they are yet

Was just working out a CD99 tracklist today (only based on what we've got). No Oh My God since I highly doubt it would have made the album, having just been released on a soundtrack, and didn't include Silkworms since we don't have a proper recording yet. 

1. Chinese Democracy (Josh)

2. There Was a Time

3. The Blues

4. Hard School

5. Catcher in the Rye

6. Going Down

7. Atlas Shrugged

8. Riad and the Bedouins

9. IRS

10. Madagascar

11. Prostitute

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, axlsalinger said:

Was just working out a CD99 tracklist today (only based on what we've got). No Oh My God since I highly doubt it would have made the album

IIRC the cover of the promotional CD single of "Oh My God" said something like "From the upcoming Guns N' Roses record Chinese Democracy" or something to that effect

Edited by TheSeeker

This is what my version of CD looks like at the moment:

1. Atlas Shrugged

2. Atlas Shrugged

3. Atlas Shrugged

4. Atlas Shrugged

5. Atlas Shrugged

6. Atlas Shrugged

7. Atlas Shrugged

8. Scraped

9. Atlas Shrugged

10. Atlas Shrugged

11. Atlas Shrugged

12. Atlas Shrugged

13. Atlas Shrugged

14. My World (Buckethead Mashup)

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, santiago-gnr said:

About Catcher... 

I love May's guitar solo, but the one that starts Bumblefoot on the outro (4:13 to the end), and Brain's amazing drums, up the song to another level.

Agreed! The best version of that song would be May’s middle solo mixed with Bumble’s ending solo!

29 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

My current 2000 Intentions playlist, since everyone else is posting theirs...

1. Chinese Democracy (w/ Josh)
2. IRS '99 (2)
3. Hardschool
4. Atlas Shrugged
5. TWAT '99
6. Oh My God (End Of Days)
7. Rhiad (w/ Josh)
8. Catcher '99
9. The Blues (w/ Josh)
10. Going Down '99
11. Prostitute '99 (2)

No Maddy?

Just now, 2020_Intensions said:

No Maddy?

Honestly that's one of my least favourite CD songs... I listened to the 2001 demo (that leaked a year ago) maybe 2 or 3 times then completely forgot about it. I like the 2001-02 live versions and some NITL performances but I never listen to the studio version(s) of that song anymore...

7 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Honestly that's one of my least favourite CD songs... I listened to the 2001 demo (that leaked a year ago) maybe 2 or 3 times then completely forgot about it. I like the 2001-02 live versions and some NITL performances but I never listen to the studio version(s) of that song anymore...

Oh wow .. I love Maddy the horn riff Axl came up with is one of my favorite album moments! 

9 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Oh wow .. I love Maddy the horn riff Axl came up with is one of my favorite album moments! 

Yeah Madagascar has grown to be one of my favorite tracks from the CD era but for some reason I really don’t like that 2002 mix that leaked a few years ago. All the levels sound really “off” on that version. Can’t explain why exactly tho. Just doesn’t “feel” right imo.

GnR should just drop these on ITunes if they are going to leak anyways.  Seems like no downside if they give the unheard songs the same treatment they gave Shadow of your Love.. clean them up a little bit and just drop the tracks on iTunes. If they get bad reviews the band can say they were just demos.  If one is a hit then it’s just gravy. 

Sad to see there's zero interest in these leaks from the rock music press. Imagine telling a GNR fan in 2006 that two unreleased Chinese Democracy songs will leak in 2019 and no one outside of a handful of fans will give a shit.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 1987b said:

GnR should just drop these on ITunes if they are going to leak anyways.  Seems like no downside if they give the unheard songs the same treatment they gave Shadow of your Love.. clean them up a little bit and just drop the tracks on iTunes. If they get bad reviews the band can say they were just demos.  If one is a hit then it’s just gravy. 

They have a record deal from the 90s, pretty sure they can't just drop digital tracks. Anything they release has to go through the label, and I doubt the label wants to waste an album on their contract on 20 year old demos on iTunes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Amir said:

Sad to see there's zero interest in these leaks from the rock music press. Imagine telling a GNR fan in 2006 that two unreleased Chinese Democracy songs will leak in 2019 and no one outside of a handful of fans will give a shit.

I'm flat out stunned that the music press hasn't picked this up. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If it were the 20CD set or even an unreleased album all at once it surely would. Snippets and one song at a time doesn't move the needle in 2019 unfortunately 

Edited by guitarpatch

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's for the best, really. More attention means less chance of future leaks... I'm sure if an albums worth of unheard Axl Rose songs leak, then music sites will be writing about it. 1 or 2 songs from the 90's though? I'm not that surprised there's no mention of it... would've been big news 10-15 years ago. :shrugs:

• Like 2