Quick Song & Zodiac Instrumentals *NO LINKS OR REQUESTS*

21 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Then again, when CD1 was released, I actually managed to restrain myself from listening to a couple of the leaks BECAUSE I had the mindset that we are getting the album eventually. And I'm super glad that I didn't spoil everything for myself then. But the only reason why I could restrain myself back then was cause I did the exact opposite that you're advising me to do now. :lol:

That's fair, I appreciate the will to do it :lol:. However I will say that an album was at least announced then and songs were being played live. Now, who really knows where we stand. Especially on 20 year old tracks.

24 minutes ago, Rovim said:

A bit off topic but have you heard this Robin composition for No Code? (video game) in the comments section someone said how the guitar from 0:55 to 1:26 sounds like a screaming man in extreme pain. I thought it was an accurate description. Very cool.

Didn't,thanks for sharing. I wish I could hear more of his work. He's a talented musician. Also made me happy to hear him sing on Shit mirror live.

30 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

This version of TWAT has been leaked before.

Quick Song is probably the closest I can imagine Slash participating.

Damn Ax with all these gems. So many years lost for nothing..

Any idea who's on Quick & Zodiac? Bucket? Also the best drummer GNR ever had (a.k.a. Brain)?

Axl wasn't lying. He def had a plan/vision. Hope we find out someday at least part of what derailed that. I also want to know who's playing what on Zodiac 👍🏻

Edited by Crowebar
Added stuff...

7 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Supposedly so cause on one disc it specifically states “zodiac w/out vocals,” thus implying that a version WITH vocals is in the mix there, somewhere...

Yes. It seems that a version with vocals existed in that time frame, but it isn't on these CDs, since the only other version on the CDs is the one that leaked. Which means that there were more songs and versions already in the same time frame the CDs are from that are not included there (another example is As It Began that says "Ver. 1" although there isn't a "Ver 2" or other on the CDs). And this in turn means that there were even more recorded after 2001.

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

I asked this a few pages ago but got no reply. Isn't Quick Song the one where the vocal version just consists of Axl repeating the same line over and over ala Blood In The Water?

It's been said that Axl just sings the vocal melody with "Ooohs" (no lyrics).

Edited by Blackstar

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes. It seems that a version with vocals existed in that time frame, but it isn't on these CDs, since the only other version on the CDs is the one that leaked. Which means that there were more songs and versions already in the same time frame the CDs are from that are not included there (another example is As It Began that says "Ver. 1" although there isn't a "Ver 2" or other on the CDs). And this in turn means that there were even more recorded after 2001.

It's been said that Axl just sings the vocal melody with "Ooohs" (no lyrics).

And what about Zodiac? Are there any vocals for that one? I'm more curious about Zodiac.

My personal first time ever hearing Atlas after missing it several times but i gotta say i really do dig it, i think it has potential to be as good as original guns as a ballad-y type song and Quicksong was amazing i thought. Damn i hope one day these things get an official release.

1 minute ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I'm the only person in the word who prefers Eye On You to Quick Song.

:headbang:

Also, I know everyone can hear the Teen Spirit part in Quick Song, but what song is Quick Song "paying homage to" around 1:26 to 1:35? Sounds really familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it.

9 minutes ago, Amir said:

:headbang:

Also, I know everyone can hear the Teen Spirit part in Quick Song, but what song is Quick Song "paying homage to" around 1:26 to 1:35? Sounds really familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it.

It does a bit. that part sounds cool but doesn't sound like it belongs in the rest of the song to me.

51 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

These recent leaks have proven that CDII/PRL would have been the greatest GNR album and would have blown the rest of the discography out of the water, and if anyone disagrees then you can fucking fight me.

What are you going to do? Whip me with that towel?

Jokes. I think these songs are fucking awesome.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rovim said:

I think you're totally right about Robin playing the solo on Perhaps (and other parts) I thought the solo was played by May but then listened again and it sounds like Robin. Are you 100% sure it's May on Quicksong though?

I would say I'm 99% sure. I'm giving 1% for the doubt just because. There's another version of Quicksong in other CD (yet to leak) has a Robin solo. 

Just compare to his tone at 4:24:

• Thanks 1