Quick Song & Zodiac Instrumentals *NO LINKS OR REQUESTS*

19 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Just because it's different? Sure, it sounds nothing like GNR, but that's the best thing about the band - it was always evolving. If i want to listen to same-old rock, i would go for AC/DC or even Slash's solo stuff. Axl was always pushing for a new sound, and if these leaks are anything to go by, he could certainly write bangers for the time period.

I love that Axl evolved as an artist. To go from writing and singing songs like reckless life to composing and creating a song like Catcher or Prostitute. That’s why I love Axl. But the Mack daddy thing would never make a record ever. 

7 minutes ago, Bernardo_Seccadio said:

What about Oh my god?

I moved that one over to a different fanmade album of mine that has all the leaks from before the release of the album in 2008.

slight adjustment to my chidem2:

1.Hardschool 2.Atlas (New Mix) 3.Perhaps 4.State of Grace 5.Silkworms (2000) 6.The General (Evader’s) 7.Going Down (2002) 8.Quick Song 9.Eye On You 10.Zodiac 11.KOHD Acoustic 12.As It Began

Edited by rocknroll41

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

This was cool, but WTF was the leaker thinking sharing the instrumental version of Quicksong first??

Idk how song trading works, but maybe it’s to devalue the version with vocals so that another trader gets fucked over or some shit... or maybe it’s the opposite! Makes people more interested in the full song, thus increasing its value? Idk.

Edited by rocknroll41

11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Idk how song trading works, but maybe it’s to devalue the version with vocals so that another trader gets fucked over or some shit... or maybe it’s the opposite! Makes people more interested in the full song, thus increasing its value? Idk.

That’s probably it. I’m just being greedy lol 

19 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

2.Atlas (New Mix) 3.Perhaps 4.State of Grace

I think the sequence of State Of Grace -> Perhaps -> Atlas Shrugged flows really well.

Perhaps is the song I always want to listen to, but that piano riff and quick verse kick-in sound awesome after the State Of Grace outro. :devilshades:

Just now, youngswedishvinyl said:

Zodiac with vocals has the potential to be one of the best songs from this era, and I say with CD being one of my all time favourite albums.

QFT

I cannot believe songs like Quicksong, Zodiac, Hard School, State of Grace, and Perhaps were shelved for 20 years. What. The. Fuck.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

QFT

I cannot believe songs like Quicksong, Zodiac, Hard School, State of Grace, and Perhaps were shelved for 20 years. What. The. Fuck.

Do we know if a version of Zodiac with vocals exists on the CDs btw?

Edited by youngswedishvinyl

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Supposedly so cause on one disc it specifically states “zodiac w/out vocals,” thus implying that a version WITH vocals is in the mix there, somewhere...

The TWAT 2.0 label is right on.  We need to hear this with vocals. 

CD2 would have probably been something like,

1. Zodiac

2. Hard School

3. State of Grace

4. Perhaps

5. Atlas Shrugged

6. Quicksong

7. Seven

8. Oh My God

9. Silkworms

10. Soul Monster

11. PRL/ Thyme

12. Berlin/ Oklahoma

13. The General

Zodiac, Hard School, Quicksong, OMG, Silkworms, and Soul Monster are either confirmed or said to be heavy/relative rockers. Seven was said to be a relative epic with orchestra (and so is The General). Atlas Shrugged  and Perhaps are mid tempo, and I think I read somewhere Berlin/Oklahoma is as well. PRL/Thyme same deal maybe.

Either way, just based off the tracks we have heard, that is a fucking killer record. Obviously, you can leave off Silkworms but knowing Axl, that and the new OMG would be on there. It fits with him saying the follow up woud be darker and heavier too.

FUCK I wish we got this record in 2010

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

Axl Rose is and was 100% GUNS N ROSES. he had a progressive idea of where to takes the band and slash should’ve listened. These leaks are interesting, different, and GOOD! if slash would’ve just entertained axl’s whim for a year or so, he would’ve gotten past his whim to record industrial music and moved on. On the other hand, if Axl would’ve just recorded this all as solo Axl, same thing. It’s a shame these 2 men couldn’t put their egos aside and just took a 2 year break...

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1