Rough Mixes CD #3 Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

6 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Yes, but the previous leaker altered and released them in poorer quality. Perhaps, for example,  was actually cut at 1:34 and the word 'now'  was removed from the second line of the first chorus.

Yeah, there's new things here and there that I've been noticing. Vocals are much crisper on the CD#1 & 2 leaks from the last couple days. Crazy that that we have these all now in near album quality. 

21 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

Relax on go back to Kid Rock.

Maybe is on the missing CDs under another name?

Kid Rock - Good one - Never heard her play !!

I’ ll stick To GNR - Zeppelin- Pantera - Van Halen - Black Label Society- Alice In Chains - Hendrix- Roy Buchanan- Skynrd - Vai 

21 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

So u cats found leaks of Chinese Democracy and no vocals from Ax 

and u think these songs are good 

give me a fucking break 

I’ll give it to u millinery folks - u got it bad man 

if they didn’t make Democracy I can’t even imagine how bad they r 

because Chinese is a dumpster 🔥 

DAMN

"Millinery Folks"???

How dare you call me a hat maker you cobbler swine!!!!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

It’s their lives and their bands. In Axl’s case he had the name. If Metallica w Hetfield wanted to go country that’s their prerogative. Why hold artists to these preconceived boundaries? Don’t you want them to express themselves through their art the way they see fit? The Beatles went through a lot of changes between Meet The Beatles and Revolver. Some would say they sound like completely different bands. By the end Ringo wasn’t even playing drums on singles. 

It’s your choice to like it or not as a fan. 

Id say there’s a freak ton of what ifs for the above to play out the way you said above. Nobody knows how it would play out. Maybe this way is the only scenario where you’d get Slash back in the band. We can either accept reality or not 

Can't say I necessarily agree with that. I think artists need boundaries with their work, to keep from losing their identities...Case in point...AUDIOSLAVE. The group is Rage Against the Machine, only replacing Zach de la Rocha with Chris Cornell, the other 3 remain unchanged. This is the whole set piece, just a different lead singer, but look how different the product/music is. To have released their work under the "Rage Against The Machine" banner would have made no since at all. Chis is one of my favorite rock singers ever.....I "thought" he could do no wrong musically...But watch this video below of Chris attempting Rage's "Killing in the Name Of." This is so out of place and Cringe Worthy with him on vocals...he seems lost during the whole thing. To have continued as Rage with Chris fronting the band just wouldn't have worked at all.  That's why a lot of the material Axl was attempting to produce during the Chinese years, just really doesn't fit style in my opinion....it was more of keeping up with the trends to attempt to stay relevant, as opposed to proceeding with what you're best at....

This disc is less cohesive than CD1 - it feels less like it fits together maybe why they are on the 3rd disc.

But also this is the result of ~3 years of jamming and writing away with different players from different backgrounds so I’m not surprised to find a whole heap of different sounding stuff on here. It’s all work in progress stuff.

The difference was Axl & Co were doing all this in a full commercial studio constantly so they probably ran with these ideas a lot further than most bands do. Fair Enough - not every song you make can be another AFD level banger.

Id love to know the though process to these discs and why the tracks are grouped in the way they are! Shame we might never know. 

• 2 weeks later...

For any musicians and lyricists on the board, are songs like Coma and Locomotive any easier to put lyrics to in comparison to songs like Devious Bastards and Circus Maximus? I dont have any type of talent for that sort of thing so I have no clue what's involved. But would you say the Buckethead instrumentals are harder to write too because they're more unconventional?

12 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

For any musicians and lyricists on the board, are songs like Coma and Locomotive any easier to put lyrics to in comparison to songs like Devious Bastards and Circus Maximus? I dont have any type of talent for that sort of thing so I have no clue what's involved. But would you say the Buckethead instrumentals are harder to write too because they're more unconventional?

Haven't heard the leaks, but there's usually three ways to write a song:

- music first, then lyrics

- lyrics first, then music

- both together (more or less)

As for putting lyrics to a piece of music, it's probably the hardest thing to do for a singer and lyricist as the music might sort of dictate your pace, melody and delivery - and in conclusion your choice of words or even the topic depending on the energy and dynamics of the music.

On 9/26/2019 at 8:54 PM, uzi your illusion said:

Seeing as how Axl spoke specifically about being inspired to write Oklahoma I wonder what parts of the instrumental he came up with?

I don’t know if he came up with any of the actual music parts. Probably just lyrics and vocal melodies.

22 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Well just listen to this. You can do whatever vocally with 0:50 - 1:10 and then there's already a melody for a little chorus, you can't fuck up that part. 2:40-2:53 also leave a lot of space for vocals etc etc. 

Davious Batards for example has a nice part for verse vocals from 0:25 till the riffs kicks in at 0:55 where I have no idea what one can do vocally. It repeats like that a few times where I have no idea where a good chorus can go 

Edited by Nicklord
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

As for putting lyrics to a piece of music, it's probably the hardest thing to do for a singer and lyricist as the music might sort of dictate your pace, melody and delivery - and in conclusion your choice of words or even the topic depending on the energy and dynamics of the music.

Eddie Vedder got his job with Pearl Jam because they had an instrumental demo laying around, and Eddie took it and made it into "Alive" and submitted it to the band

They heard it and were like "THAT WILL DO"

Edited by TheSeeker
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

First principles, Clarice. Simplicity. Read Marcus Aurelius. Of each particular thing ask: what is it in itself? What is its nature? What does he do, this man you seek?

For anyone who didn't know... It's a quote from Hannibal Lecter

So the quote was doctored a bit? “Clarice” removed and “he” replaced with “it”? Last sentence also cut off halfway?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/18/2022 at 2:39 AM, CubanSkies Dummy said:

Sweet reminder that this version of I.R.S, with Oh My God from the EOTD OST and T.W.A.T. from Rough Mixes #1...

... Are the only three recordings we have from the Beaven album.

Respect.-

Hardly. rough mixes disc 1 is all Beavan surely? Seeing as the mixes are from March 2000.