The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

9 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Honestly, who wants to hear negativity all the time. There's so much crap going on in the world now that you want to escape all that by discussing your favorite band. Let alone pressure you get from work and other things that goes on in life.

Are there things that Guns N' Roses need to improve upon? Absolutely!   Do the same people need to keep dwelling over and over again? No. Do people need to complain about a fun commercial that Slash just did? No. It's his life. 

When I was on the HTGTH website (still am I on that forum) during the NU-GNR era, there was a lot more things to criticize about. Jarmo didn't allow  it. That was one extreme.  This goes to the other extreme of always complaining. I'm critical of this website and some fans because of it.  Like I said in the beginning, it goes to who wants to hear constant complaining.

It is not negativity all the time, though. I think this forum is mostly positive – but it’s about what you focus on. You perceive everything around you being negative – well then, everything around you will be negative. Given the amount of suckery surrounding this band, it’s no mystery people are kinda displeased and talk about it. But that doesn’t mean they’re always negative. It is what it is. 
An by your token – do you need to read the whole thread about the Slash’s bank stunt? No. Do you notice when these “negative” people post something positive? No. 
Also, I can assure you MyGnr forum is definitely NOT "the other extreme" to HTGTH. There was (or is) a forum which was basically like "Axl’s fat and everything sucks". Don’t remember the name. Now that was the other extreme. This site is in a nice comfortable middle. And if it pains ya too much, you can always put these same culprits on the ignore list. 
Again, I wish folks would realize the irony of constant complaining about someone’s constant complaining...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I have never seen anyone here ''defend the band to death''. Complete nonsense. Even someone like me, who is able to be critical but chooses not to concentrate on being negative all the time, has admitted a lot of times that it sucks that they don't release more music and that I wish the band was more ''normal'' like other bands. But it is what it is. I've come to accept this a long time ago. No point in repeating this at every opportunity.

Yes, it boggles my mind how people can interpret this discussion as defending Guns N' Roses. It's like, "If you question why I am pointing out for the umpteenth time that band X is better at releasing music than Axl Rose, then you are defending Axl!" Err, no, that's not how it works. This isn't a case of choosing sides between someone, GN'R is shit at releasing stuff and you are shit at accepting that. You are both terrible.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I have never seen anyone here ''defend the band to death''. Complete nonsense. Even someone like me, who is able to be critical but chooses not to concentrate on being negative all the time, has admitted a lot of times that it sucks that they don't release more music and that I wish the band was more ''normal'' like other bands. But it is what it is. I've come to accept this a long time ago. No point in repeating this at every opportunity.

It’s called hyperbole...
As I’ve written above, nobody is being negative all the time. But if that’s what you focus on then that’s the only thing you’ll see. And you’ll keep complaining about them keeping complaining...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Ozzy is soon releasing another album, following the one from 2020. 

How selfish, with all that's happening in the world... :D

"all thats going on"  Its life, get on with it, right? Those are just excuses and have nothing to do with writing music.  In fact, a creative person would use all thats going on to writ new material.  Flea alluded to it in a recent interview.  

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

It is not negativity all the time, though. I think this forum is mostly positive – but it’s about what you focus on. You perceive everything around you being negative – well then, everything around you will be negative. Given the amount of suckery surrounding this band, it’s no mystery people are kinda displeased and talk about it. But that doesn’t mean they’re always negative. It is what it is. 
An by your token – do you need to read the whole thread about the Slash’s bank stunt? No. Do you notice when these “negative” people post something positive? No. 
Also, I can assure you MyGnr forum is definitely NOT "the other extreme" to HTGTH. There was (or is) a forum which was basically like "Axl’s fat and everything sucks". Don’t remember the name. Now that was the other extreme. This site is in a nice comfortable middle. And if it pains ya too much, you can always put these same culprits on the ignore list. 
Again, I wish folks would realize the irony of constant complaining about someone’s constant complaining...

We'll have to respectfully disagree with each other on this. From what I have seen over the last 6 years being on here is constant complaining and negativity from the same people.  I don't think you or other realize this that it makes the forum not good.  I agree with you that it is perception. I just think that coming on here sometimes can be a downer. Something funny or a good thing occurs and then you have a bunch of people whining. Other people do notice it as well.

Btw, I don't know  where the ignore list button is. I tried looking for it and couldn't find it. 

• Like 1

Plus, how did this little conversation start? Folks were talking about Aerosmith, nobody bats an eye. Then a few posts about other artists releasing new shit appear and suddenly the justice league is here. As someone said above, take it light-heartedly. It’s just fun, yet you seem to be the ones who are frustrated, considering this as some horrible complaining. It’s just innocent pointing out things, isn't that allowed? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

"all thats going on"  Its life, get on with it, right? Those are just excuses and have nothing to do with writing music.  In fact, a creative person would use all thats going on to writ new material.  Flea alluded to it in a recent interview.  

but Axl is not Flea or any other "normal" musician. He is Axl and he sucks at releasing music. This is how its been for decades so will probably not change. The futility of that expectation seems to be lost on quite a few people around here. The repetitiveness is starting to feel somewhat Pele-esque.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Draguns said:

We'll have to respectfully disagree with each other on this. From what I have seen over the last 6 years being on here is constant complaining and negativity from the same people.  I don't think you or other realize this that it makes the forum not good.  I agree with you that it is perception. I just think that coming on here sometimes can be a downer. Something funny or a good thing occurs and then you have a bunch of people whining. Other people do notice it as well.

Btw, I don't know  where the ignore list button is. I tried looking for it and couldn't find it. 

Well yeah, there probably will always be people who’ll complain no matter what, but I don’t think there are too many. Otherwise I perceive it as a normal action-reaction scenario, and since the band operates the way it does, it’s hard to be mostly sunny, when it’s mostly cloudy, you know what I mean. Take me for example – yes I call them like I see them, but I’d bet ya people who’ll call me out on this will never notice when I say something nice. Like, for example, I’m one of the folks who have always been defending the amount of stuff Axl must have written in the CD years, as opposed to people who think that since the Village is all they know, the Village is all that exists. Yet does anyone of the local forum policemen notice that? Fuck no. Etc. 

As for the ignore thing, I don't know, I just know it exists. 

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

but Axl is not Flea or any other "normal" musician. He is Axl and he sucks at releasing music. This is how its been for decades so will probably not change. The futility of that expectation seems to be lost on quite a few people around here. The repetitiveness is starting to feel somewhat Pele-esque.

It's not expectation, it's mocking of TB's very original excuses, that's all. :) 

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Plus, how did this little conversation start? Folks were talking about Aerosmith, nobody bats an eye. Then a few posts about other artists releasing new shit appear and suddenly the justice league is here. As someone said above, take it light-heartedly. It’s just fun, yet you seem to be the ones who are frustrated, considering this as some horrible complaining. It’s just innocent pointing out things, isn't that allowed? 

pointing out the same thing over and over again is not fun. We already know. It's like a boring coping mechanism posts from posters who refuse to accept that this shit is not going to change.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jamillos said:

It's not expectation, it's mocking of TB's very original excuses, that's all. :) 

TB doesn't decide. Axl decides and by now I think we had enough time to accept that he's very bad at releasing new music, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

pointing out the same thing over and over again is not fun. We already know. It's like a boring coping mechanism posts from posters who refuse to accept that this shit is not going to change.

The trouble is, you’re taking all this as a single unit. But different people write different stuff (about different artists). E.g. I’ve never seen Ozzy’s new album being mentioned here. But if you take this whole thing as like a single "enemy" or something, then yeah, it may seem repetitive. However, not everyone will go through the entire forum to check whether someone didn’t happen to have already written what this person wants to post now, so there you go. It’s not you vs. one big evil fan who operates through the brains of several posters here; it’s individualities. 

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

TB doesn't decide. Axl decides and by now I think we had enough time to accept that he's very bad at releasing new music, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

But that's not the point at all! The point was the ridiculousness of the excuse, nothing less, nothing more. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, EvanG said:

They really are. But that's the thing... everybody here knows this already. What's the point in coming here on a daily basis to tell people this? My guess is they do it for the likes and they are so frustrated with GnR that they want to be agreed upon and share their frustration with others. Misery loves company and all. Why else be so redundant and repetitive? They haven't reached that acceptance stage yet and by now probably never will.

Personally I only mentioned the chili's new album since both bands are in a very similar situation and thought it'd be a good discussion point. Both bands reunited and chili's have released 2 albums in the first year vs. well, this. 

8 minutes ago, jamillos said:

The trouble is, you’re taking all this as a single unit. But different people write different stuff (about different artists). E.g. I’ve never seen Ozzy’s new album being mentioned here. But if you take this whole thing as like a single "enemy" or something, then yeah, it may seem repetitive. However, not everyone will go through the entire forum to check whether someone didn’t happen to have already written what this person wants to post now, so there you go. It’s not you vs. one big evil fan who operates through the brains of several posters here; it’s individualities. 

I think that maybe you're missing the point here: whenever you compare Axl Rose to any other musician, you've already made a comparison that doesn't work. It's really the same shit with a different name. It's the same old "why can't Axl be like those other people? look! they're doing it so easily!"

but Axl is not Ozzy, Flea, or any other person that doesn't have his issues with releasing new shit so I think the problem here is simply that some posters just refuse to accept this fact and expect something from Axl just because others do it. Not how it works. If it did, we would have had a lot more Gn'R albums by now.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Also, I can assure you MyGnr forum is definitely NOT "the other extreme" to HTGTH. There was (or is) a forum which was basically like "Axl’s fat and everything sucks". Don’t remember the name. Now that was the other extreme. This site is in a nice comfortable middle.

Yes, I agree with this. And it's supported by the fact that while there are people who consider this forum to be too negative (because there are members who constantly criticize the band for this and that or repeat the same grievances), at the same time there other people who consider it to be too positive (just because there are members who have been enjoying the shows or have adjusted their expectations regarding Axl's voice).

I don't know why people see only case studies of negativity or positivity (depending on their own P.O.V) as representative of the forum as a whole. For example, in the Slash commercial thread there have been positive as well as negative reactions.

(Btw, last time I checked there was criticism even at HTGTH).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think that maybe you're missing the point here: whenever you compare Axl Rose to any other musician, you've already made a comparison that doesn't work. It's really the same shit with a different name. It's the same old "why can't Axl be like those other people? look! they're doing it so easily!"

but Axl is not Ozzy, Flea, or any other person that doesn't have his issues with releasing new shit so I think the problem here is simply that some posters just refuse to accept this fact and expect something from Axl just because others do it. Not how it works. If it did, we would have had a lot more Gn'R albums by now.

I get your point, but at least if they didn't come up with such lame excuses, you know? But that brings one down back to the genius management again. 

9 hours ago, jamillos said:

When a band is so unproductive that a thread about their possible new record slowly becomes a thread about a completely different band... :lol:

That is certainly one of the recurrent themes (every 100 pages or so) in this 2.5 year old joke thread based on speculation.

Edited by Rodzilla72
fix typo
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rodzilla72 said:

That is certainly one of the recurrent themes (every 100 pages or so) in this 2.5 year old joke thread based on speculation.

Now come on, it's not just speculation. There's a few blatant lies, 'insiders', band members comments, band members comments desperately rowed back on, intrigue, frustration, boredom,incomprehension...................something for everyone! 

Fun for all the family in the 'new album' thread! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's hilarious we're now at the stage that the 'GNR Defence League' are wagging their fingers and telling off people for wanting a new album! 

Don't you know all you fuckers should be satisfied with nothing?! This is GNR we're talking about here! 

not one single person here was wagging their fingers and telling off people for wanting a new album. I want an album and personally am optimistic it's going to happen eventually.

What I think some of us are sick of reading day in and day out is the inability of some posters to accept that Axl seems to have serious issues with releasing more Gn'R material and that comparing him to other musicians is a waste of time and energy cause he has shown time after time that he is incapable of delivering an album in any kind of reasonable amount of time, you know... like most musicians do so the amount of material other bands/musicians release is irrelevant and if you don't see that after more than 20 years of what Axl didn't release, then maybe it's time for you to accept we're never going to get what fans of other bands get.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 4

Just now, Rovim said:

not one single person here was wagging their fingers and telling off people for wanting a new album. I want an album and personally am optimistic it's going to happen eventually.

What I think some of us are sick of reading day in and day out is the inability of some posters to accept that Axl seems to have serious issues with releasing more Gn'R material and that comparing it to other musicians is a waste of time and energy cause he has shown time after time that he is incapable of delivering an album in any kind of reasonable amount of time, you know... like most musicians do so the amount of material other bands/musicians release is irrelevant and if you don't see that after more than 20 years of what Axl didn't release, then maybe it's time for you to accept we're never going to get what fans of other bands get.

So....in a thread about a new album, you're sick of people wondering where the new album is and asking why other bands can get their act together when GNR can't? 

I mean, that sort of discussion is pretty normal for a thread discussing a new album. Perhaps if you're sick of reading it day in day out, the solution might be to maybe read some of the other threads instead?! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thomasmcole said:

Chili's just announced a new album due in October, second album this year 🤷

Red Hot Chili Peppers might be the worst band ever to gain mainstream popularity. Walmart and Target stores probably stocked three copies of their most recent album, and they're still sitting there collecting dust.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers might be the worst band ever to gain mainstream popularity. Walmart and Target stores probably stocked three copies of their most recent album, and they're still sitting there collecting dust.

It's one thing to not like RHCP, but as far as modern rock albums go, Unlimited Love was pretty successful...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

So....in a thread about a new album, you're sick of people wondering where the new album is and asking why other bands can get their act together when GNR can't? 

I mean, that sort of discussion is pretty normal for a thread discussing a new album. Perhaps if you're sick of reading it day in day out, the solution might be to maybe read some of the other threads instead?! 

I just think that we are at a point in time where Axl is 60 years old and has released 1 album and 3 singles in 30 years. This indicates something that you're ignoring or just can't let go of: Axl is not going to give you what you want when you want it cause something, whatever it is in his personality prevents that from happening at a reasonable time interval. I get that it's frustrating, cause pretty much everyone else is doing it, but how long can you cling to the hope that this time Axl will make a change? give frequent updates, give a release date, release shit or be as prolific as most other bands are? this is just highly unlikely.

Enough that it makes it clear imo, that it's best to just accept that this person, despite being a famous rock n' roll singer which has released albums in the past, is just incapable of satisfying your needs as a fan if you continue to have unrealistic hopes and what makes it unrealistic is that you expect the same shit from Axl that you'll expect from other musicians cause all those other musicians probably don't see it the same way Axl does, don't overthink it as much or at all and are just different people that don't seem to have any difficulty in being prolific. You expect too much from a guy that hasn't released much like expecting a cripple to be the fastest man in the world.

It's futile and personally I don't get any satisfaction from reading the same old shit again and again cause we already know it and there's nothing we can do about it so maybe just relax and enjoy what they give us cause we have no say on this matter. Just my opinion, feel free to mock it and be bitter about it some more if that's what gets you off.

Edited by Rovim

On 7/23/2022 at 12:45 AM, EvanG said:

I never buy a boxset from any band. I hardly ever find them to be worth it and usually too expensive. But that's just me.
I thought a lot of the ''Selects'' were good. But that's just me.
I liked both singles they released last year and was pretty stoked about it. But that's just me.

I was kidding anyway with my initial comment, funny people immediately react to it that way. It was sort of an observation about the content and general vibe from a certain small percentage of posters on here. I've said it before, GnR can release a new album tomorrow, and some of them will find something to complain about. It's become part of their... well, I want to say fandom, but I'm not sure if you can still call it that...

True, people will always complain about something. A band this size can't please all their fans. Most critiques on here are valid, though.

It's nice that you enjoyed the singles and Selects, like I said they were a step in the right direction, but they seemed like more wasted opportunities to me.