The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Exactly. If one or two singles drop during SA it will be owed to nothing more than “Axl randomly felt like it.” It’s that much of an afterthought.

…Though the unlearning GNR fan in me hopes we can squeeze The General out of them for the next hypothetical/unannounced Guns EP.🥸

The General 2022 would probably no longer have the nice orchestra part, being replaced with Slash noodling along with a super high in the mix Duff base line and Frank mindlessly banging away on the drums throughout the song, before being heavily drained of any energy during production, but that won't matter because the drums can hardly be heard anyways with how loud Slash's guitar is in the mix, slightly overpowering Axl's vocals even. 

I hope I'm wrong.

We will probably get something like the framework of what it once was with maybe Brain's drums if we're lucky and some orchestra, Axl's vocals of course are all there, but Robin's beautiful guitar work all gone. Not sure how much lead Bucket played on this, but it sounds like Robin from the 2010 party leak.

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

The General 2022 would probably no longer have the nice orchestra part, being replaced with Slash noodling along with a super high in the mix Duff base line and Frank mindlessly banging away on the drums throughout the song, before being heavily drained of any energy during production, but that won't matter because the drums can hardly be heard anyways with how loud Slash's guitar is in the mix, slightly overpowering Axl's vocals even. 

I hope I'm wrong.

We will probably get something like the framework of what it once was with maybe Brain's drums if we're lucky and some orchestra, Axl's vocals of course are all there, but Robin's beautiful guitar work all gone. Not sure how much lead Bucket played on this, but it sounds like Robin from the 2010 party leak.

Maybe…But what The General has going for it that Atlas & Perhaps don’t is that no one but a handful of people at an after party 12 years ago will notice, and their first relationship with the song will be with Slash on guitars. 

Edited by sofine11

2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Maybe…But what The General has going for it that Atlas & Perhaps don’t is that no one but a handful of people at an after party 12 years ago will notice, and their first relationship with the song will be with Slash on guitars. 

I just hope Slash does it justice, the same for Perhaps and Atlas. Robin is stellar on Perhaps. Can Slash pull it off? Absolutely. Will he? Who knows, and if he does, I hope it's a good mix and master job.

Just now, Sweersa said:

I just hope Slash does it justice, the same for Perhaps and Atlas. Robin is stellar on Perhaps. Can Slash pull it off? Absolutely. Will he? Who knows, and if he does, I hope it's a good mix and master job.

Didn’t Axl once refer to it as the lyrical “sequel” to Estranged? If that’s true, I think Slash tends to go the extra mile with his playing when it comes to Axl penned ballads. Thinking of Estranged and November Rain especially.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

To be fair I liked Slash’s work on Absurd and HardSkool. Would I prefer to hear the original demo with Bucket and Finck? You bet yo ass

Edited by gavgnr
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Didn’t Axl once refer to it as the lyrical “sequel” to Estranged? If that’s true, I think Slash tends to go the extra mile with his playing when it comes to Axl penned ballads. Thinking of Estranged and November Rain especially.

And then there's his live renditions of This I Love, lol. I didn't mind his attempts early in 2016, but as time went on, Slash got a bit lazy with it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shacklers Absolution said:

The new HardSkööl suck so much ass it is embarrassing. How in the holy fuck did they manage to fuck up the song so badly, it sounds like shit. I don't want anymore Slash bullshit noodling, just stop it. Release the old shit, let Duff and Slash noodle a couple of seconds per track max. Keep Robin, Bumble, Bucket 2023! Let's make Gn'R Great Again, Again! 

If you're saying this about HS, then what about Silkworms aka Absurd? 

4 hours ago, Shacklers Absolution said:

The new HardSkööl suck so much ass it is embarrassing. How in the holy fuck did they manage to fuck up the song so badly, it sounds like shit. I don't want anymore Slash bullshit noodling, just stop it. Release the old shit, let Duff and Slash noodle a couple of seconds per track max. Keep Robin, Bumble, Bucket 2023! Let's make Gn'R Great Again, Again! 

🙄

9 hours ago, Shacklers Absolution said:

haha post of the year. close the topic!

On 8/27/2022 at 3:59 AM, sofine11 said:

Probably as his antidote to power ballads and pianos.

8 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

Guys… the new album is out 

honestly, I had to leave my office the other day, I was listening to this guys stuff on YouTube and in tears laughing.

Comedy gold, and actually pretty decent impressions.

THIS ONES FOR JAHNNNNY

Frank Ferrer just keeps getting better. He's on point

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

Guys… the new album is out 

honestly, I had to leave my office the other day, I was listening to this guys stuff on YouTube and in tears laughing.

Comedy gold, and actually pretty decent impressions.

THIS ONES FOR JAHNNNNY

It makes me very happy that someone else notices the way Axl enounciates words nowadays...especially the "s"...its really weird and in this mocking impression he clearly has noticed it...

Could it be his new teeth?????

24 minutes ago, Muddy said:

Just checking back in here.

Don’t have the patience to sift through the last 10 pages of mindless bullshit.

is there any news regarding a new album? Any hints from recently released interviews? Any new leaks?

Slash mentioned a while back that some new material would be released sometime this summer, any word on that?

any word on the UYI box set ? 

maybe if you ask with respect and no with that "midles bullshit" and no, sadly no news, but with the uyi boxset  is close to end of year,

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Muddy said:

This thread is supposed to be for discussion and news related to a new album by GNR.

We’ve got 4 or 5 comments on this page alone about that YouTube video “Guns N’ Roses the blueberry bankruptcy”. 

It has no relevance to a new release by Guns N’ Roses whatsoever but people are discussing it and it’s filling up the page . 

Thats what I mean by mindless bullshit.

Welcome to the internet matey.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 9:40 PM, Shacklers Absolution said:

It's hard to shine a Turd.  Especially when the singer refuses to add new vocals or change them so he can sing it live. Duff and Slash were left with what axl gave them. The mixing and producing is where it really fell off (thank axl/caram).

There's no way in hell they would release stuff with the ex guitar players when slash is in the band where he belongs 😳 and even if they did they would be mucked about by Axl/Carams terrible mix/production 

• Like 1

My opinion. They need a proper producer that will step up to band members and say no "Slash that solo isn't good enough try this" and "no axl, pussy full of maggots and releasing this as a single is not good enough".

They need proper mixing/engineers and to work together and structure songs from the ground up. Forget the CD scraps.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, vloors said:

My opinion. They need a proper producer that will step up to band members and say no "Slash that solo isn't good enough try this" and "no axl, pussy full of maggots and releasing this as a single is not good enough".

They need proper mixing/engineers and to work together and structure songs from the ground up. Forget the CD scraps.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-fire-producer-again-continue-work-on-new-cd

I mean, there's a first time for everything

9 hours ago, Muddy said:

Just checking back in here.

Don’t have the patience to sift through the last 10 pages of mindless bullshit.

is there any news regarding a new album? Any hints from recently released interviews? Any new leaks?

Slash mentioned a while back that some new material would be released sometime this summer, any word on that?

any word on the UYI box set ? 

No. No. No. 

No. 

No. 

• Haha 4

On 8/27/2022 at 4:38 PM, jamillos said:

If you're saying this about HS, then what about Silkworms aka Absurd? 

I honestly like the demo better, with that cool intro and the synths in main riff. It is just more interesting. Still it is baffling why they would choose such a sub-par filler song to usher in the new era of GnR. 

6 hours ago, vloors said:

Yes, I feel Slashs playing on HardSkööl is lazy and ruins the energy of the song. The guitar work does not complement the vocals, the drums are way worse, I don't hear the bass except for in the intro with that cheesy stupid fucking awful skööl bell.

Just release the old finished stuff, stop fucking around trying to insert Frank, Slash, Duff and Melissa everywhere, keep what works. Harskoool is proof that they are just fucking up songs that where good.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1