The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Oh very different for sure. I'd call it 'progression' though.

I'd have thought back then no-one wanted a rehash of AFD.....but given the way nostalgia has now consumed much of the industry, I'd imagine that's exactly what people want these days! 

Slash said something like the next album after the Illusions would be a simple, 10 tracks rock n roll abum, if I remember correctly...was it Kerrang? Can't remember.

That would have been perfect after the magnum opus Illusion project. But Axl had other plans :D

So, this is what we’ve come to…

I don’t follow other bands much. The ones I do follow tend to release a record every 3/4 years (bout the average, I’d say?).

Does anyone follow any other bands who make their fans frustratingly wait more than a decade and a half for a new record?

Serious question.

Edited by gavgnr

8 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

So, this is what we’ve come to…

I don’t follow other bands much. The ones I do follow tend to release a record every 3/4 years (bout the average, I’d say?).

Does anyone follow any other bands who make their fans frustratingly wait more than a decade and a half for a new record?

Serious question.

Tool took their sweet time (2006 and then 2019), but I can't say I exactly follow them. Oh and it was definitely worth "the wait". 

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Slash said something like the next album after the Illusions would be a simple, 10 tracks rock n roll abum, if I remember correctly...was it Kerrang? Can't remember.

That would have been perfect after the magnum opus Illusion project. But Axl had other plans :D

A simple ten track rock n roll album would be very welcome right now! 

Axl still seems to have other plans though. Those plans don't seem to involve releasing music! 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

I think we’re now at the point where I’m pretty confident, other than a handful of tracks Slash also recorded on that may or may not trickle out, an “album” just isn’t, nor will it ever be, a thing. 

• Like 2

You have to wonder if some people that have unreleased stuff(which i 100% believe exist and theirs more then what we think) that sit on it cause they don't want to hurt the band are ever going to get to the point where they are like screw it their never going to put anything else out i should just leak this and make the fans happy. Just a random thought or maybe wishful thinking.

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

Tool took their sweet time (2006 and then 2019), but I can't say I exactly follow them. Oh and it was definitely worth "the wait". 

I can’t tell if that is sarcasm or not? The new Tool album is fantastic, particularly the vinyl pressing which is a different master. Tool’s output in general is of a very high average standard.

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

I think we’re now at the point where I’m pretty confident, other than a handful of tracks Slash also recorded on that may or may not trickle out, an “album” just isn’t, nor will it ever be, a thing. 

There’s just about enough for Slash and Duff to get their teeth into on a track like Atlas Shrugged. If I was a betting man, I’d say there’s been some work on that to ‘Slashify’ it… and that about wraps it up as far as ‘new’ music goes. 

It might come out like HS/Absurd did, to zero press or fanfare, get played live once, and then it’ll disappear like the others have. Having listened to the rest of the CD scraps, I doubt slash or duff are going to take on anything else from that particular selection now. They’ve cherrypicked the useable ones that they can adapt into their own playing styles, and now they’re done.

Then again, it’s highly likely it’s not being worked on, and Hard Skool was the last gasp. C’est La (f’n) Vie. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 3:58 PM, RedHook said:

s-l400-1-2.png

Hard Skool EP Re-released to promote Fall 2022 Japan Tour confirms what we already know deep down inside.

No New Music or "single" is coming in 2022

Slosh lied when he said another single was coming this year.

Better luck next year GnR fans,

or maybe never.:P

Slash didn't lie. Axl / management just found another ball to drop. There's np reason fro Slash to without prompt offer a "there's a new single coming any day now" quote if there wasn't actually solid plans for it to happen. What happened, why it isn't out??? who knows. I'm sure they'll blame it on the processing time for vinyl or any range of other shit. TBH, do I really want to hear the follow up to Absurd and HardSkool? I can live happily without it, but sure I'll check it out. GNR new album.... who fucking cares any more, the new album that Slash talked about does absolutely nothing for me. Time has come and gone several times over. I'm more excited about the possibility of a leak of Axls talk back mic

1 hour ago, Billy Cundy said:

There’s just about enough for Slash and Duff to get their teeth into on a track like Atlas Shrugged. If I was a betting man, I’d say there’s been some work on that to ‘Slashify’ it… and that about wraps it up as far as ‘new’ music goes. 

It might come out like HS/Absurd did, to zero press or fanfare, get played live once, and then it’ll disappear like the others have. Having listened to the rest of the CD scraps, I doubt slash or duff are going to take on anything else from that particular selection now. They’ve cherrypicked the useable ones that they can adapt into their own playing styles, and now they’re done.

Then again, it’s highly likely it’s not being worked on, and Hard Skool was the last gasp. C’est La (f’n) Vie. 

Maybe ur right. I think the "new" album will be the usable ones and new stuff made by Slash-Axl-Duff.

Off topic. Today in the morning i was zapping some internet and i come to the dead of Michael Jackson.... his sister found a hard drive with tons of new-unreleased music by MJ. She sold it for 250 milions to some label.

I cant imagine how much stuff have the motherfucker on his belongings.:wow:

Edited by axlvai
Fix

4 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

I can’t tell if that is sarcasm or not? The new Tool album is fantastic, particularly the vinyl pressing which is a different master. Tool’s output in general is of a very high average standard.

It's not sarcasm at all, it was stunning, and I love the previous two as well. I just wasn't awaiting it or thinking about it the way I do with Guns...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

You’re either too young to have remembered those years, or you have allowed the media narrative to rewrite history.  GNR were not seen as “outdated” or “hair metal” when Illusions released. Grunge music didn’t put them out of business. Those records were a monstrous success. GNR were all over the airwaves in 1992. And they were on one of the biggest, longest, and most successful world tours.

People LOVED those music videos, btw. “November Rain” is iconic.

You can look back now and say you wish UYI had more of an AFD style in production. I sure do. ‘Cause it does sound like two records made in the early ‘90s vs. the raw sound of Appetite, which is timeless.

Look at Metallica’s trajectory and career peaks and valleys to see how GNR would have likely been viewed had they continued to put out music and remained active. GNR’s 1999 Chinese Democracy would have been grungier or more nu-metalish than what we ultimately ended up with. And people would have said they “sold out’ their classic sound to chase trends or whatever. Same with Metallica with Load and Reload

TLDR: It wasn’t over for GNR in 1993. They went on hiatus and then broke up. Time didn’t pass them by when Axl was just 30 years old. What a load of garbage. 

I completely agree.  GnR never fit the hair band label and we’re still going strong.  The only thing that killed them was themselves. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wabby said:

You have to wonder if some people that have unreleased stuff(which i 100% believe exist and theirs more then what we think) that sit on it cause they don't want to hurt the band are ever going to get to the point where they are like screw it their never going to put anything else out i should just leak this and make the fans happy. Just a random thought or maybe wishful thinking.

That is a strong possibility. In-fighting between hoarders/traders/friends who have the same or similar material can also prompt leaks. 

Years ago, a hoarder claiming to have everything from the Roy Thomas Baker era, who often said he would be surprised if something leaked that he didn't already have, said he would leak his catalog if his source or associates causes him serious issues. He also claimed to have a dozen complete songs that Axl was apparently against putting out in any form. I would imagine those tracks were like State of Grace and Eye On You. He was a casual fan of the old band at most, and he ran into someone connected to the band in some way who wanted to show him the new band is very much capable and has a lot of cool material finished or working on, and he was given a treasure trove of material in-person. He did some trading since then, but was always smart about it. 

He has no interest in GN'R anymore, or so he claims. Perhaps one day he will bless the hardcore fans. 

@card5777 Humor us as you have before. :) Miss you around here. This place isn't the same without you and Brodie. Saul seems to have lost his faith in Big B as well. God bless.

Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on

39 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

That is a strong possibility. In-fighting between hoarders/traders/friends who have the same or similar material can also prompt leaks. 

Years ago, a hoarder claiming to have everything from the Roy Thomas Baker era, who often said he would be surprised if something leaked that he didn't already have, said he would leak his catalog if his source or associates causes him serious issues. He also claimed to have a dozen complete songs that Axl was apparently against putting out in any form. I would imagine those tracks were like State of Grace and Eye On You. He was a casual fan of the old band at most, and he ran into someone connected to the band in some way who wanted to show him the new band is very much capable and has a lot of cool material finished or working on, and he was given a treasure trove of material in-person. He did some trading since then, but was always smart about it. 

He has no interest in GN'R anymore, or so he claims. Perhaps one day he will bless the hardcore fans. 

@card5777 Humor us as you have before. :) Miss you around here. This place isn't the same without you and Brodie. Saul seems to have lost his faith in Big B as well. God bless.

If he has no interest then surely someone could potentially try and negotiate and get this stuff?

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

If he has no interest then surely someone could potentially try and negotiate and get this stuff?

I have a feeling a deal was made between him and TB years ago which would prevent anything of the sort.

TB likely identified and reached out to folks with material, and gave them "incentives" to prevent the trading or sharing of any material.

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

I have a feeling a deal was made between him and TB years ago which would prevent anything of the sort.

TB likely identified and reached out to folks with material, and gave them "incentives" to prevent the trading or sharing of any material.

Nightmare 😭

I think we’re lucky if we get another couple songs released that can be stretched into another EP release. It’s just utterly clear no one making the calls is serious about getting new music out there. Just where we’re at.

3 hours ago, yourcrazy said:

I completely agree.  GnR never fit the hair band label and we’re still going strong.  The only thing that killed them was themselves. 

Yep, very true. GNR have always done everything possible to sabotage their career, and that continues to this day. 

The only thing that's changed is that there is a an all consuming thirst for reliving the past that they've managed to ride for the last few years. 

I'd have thought the financial cliff edge we've just been pushed off here (UK) today though will mean high priced ticket gigs, and gigs of all prices really, are really really going to struggle from now on though, in this failing country at least! 

4 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I think we’re lucky if we get another couple songs released that can be stretched into another EP release. It’s just utterly clear no one making the calls is serious about getting new music out there. Just where we’re at.

Yeah, there seems to be little to no interest in it, regardless of how hopeful people want to be. That they were happy to sail through another tour without even one more song being dusted off says it all. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yep, very true. GNR have always done everything possible to sabotage their career, and that continues to this day. 

The only thing that's changed is that there is a an all consuming thirst for relieving the past that they've managed to ride for the last few years. 

I'd have thought the financial cliff edge we've just been pushed off here (UK) today though will mean high priced ticket gigs, and gigs of all prices really, are really really going to struggle from now on though, in this failing country at least! 

Yeah, there seems to be little to no interest in it, regardless of how hopeful people want to be. That they were happy to sail through another tour without even one more song being dusted off says it all. 

Exactly. If one or two singles drop during SA it will be owed to nothing more than “Axl randomly felt like it.” It’s that much of an afterthought.

…Though the unlearning GNR fan in me hopes we can squeeze The General out of them for the next hypothetical/unannounced Guns EP.🥸

Edited by sofine11

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

Exactly. If one or two singles drop during SA it will be owed to nothing more than “Axl randomly felt like it.” It’s that much of an afterthought.

…Though the unlearning GNR fan in me hopes we can squeeze The General out of them for the next hypothetical/unannounced Guns EP.🥸

Haha, well you never know.....

Actually, you do know, but hey, let's stay positive! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

@card5777 seconded buddy 👍

• Like 1