The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, alangarcianr said:

Argentina seems like a good place to debut a new song. the River Plate show is 18 days away

River Plate is also on a Friday… release the song(s) at midnight and play them that night in Argentina. Even though ABSURD and Hard Skool were first performed live and then released (I think?)

15 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

Hard Skool was released first, then played. And it took a couple of nights for them to actually acknowledge that they released the song and finally play it.

You're forgetting the tiny little detail that both Absurd and Hard Skool were in the alt. setlist since the first show of the tour leg. We've already seen setlists from this tour leg and nothing is in there.

Plus, Hard Skool was soundchecked back in 2019 and 2020.

Plus, Meegan teased both songs with the medusa pic (Absurd), and the muted soundcheck story (Hard Skool).

image0.jpg

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

You're forgetting the tiny little detail that both Absurd and Hard Skool were in the alt. setlist since the first show of the tour leg. We've already seen setlists from this tour leg and nothing is in there.

Plus, Hard Skool was soundchecked back in 2019 and 2020.

Plus, Meegan teased both songs with the medusa pic (Absurd), and the muted soundcheck story (Hard Skool).

image0.jpg

This is all totally valid, and could very well be right in how this plays out. That said, they could very well be actively not doing said things this time so to keep it a “surprise”. 

Admittedly, this scenario would require them to care enough to both note and actively avoid those things. That puts in scary territory with GNR lol

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wabby said:

Makes my day just  the notion that Axl and crew finished possibly State of Grace, still listen to the Village one probably once a week

Yeah if this is real, it’s undoubtedly badass. That songs strength and potential is the one thing 99% of us agree on.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Didn't you say the same thing before hard skool came out?

I’ll admit I was wrong with Hard Skool. But keep in mind there was so much more at play there. Rehearsals, alt lists, the link tree. Right now we barely have anything above a slight conspiracy.

17 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Yeah if this is real, it’s undoubtedly badass. That songs strength and potential is the one thing 99% of us agree on.

Did I miss s.th? People are talking about SOG quite frequently the last few days, but is there any hint about a possible release or live debut? 👀

1 minute ago, ZODIAC said:

Did I miss s.th? People are talking about SOG quite frequently the last few days, but is there any hint about a possible release or live debut? 👀

In a nutshell it’s showing up (along with Atlas Shrugged) in Spotify’s search for UK users. Could be something or nothing.

37 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Not sure if this means anything but Hard Skool and AFD also show when you search State of Grace and hit the albums tab 69-C2-E3-FF-18-FB-4011-B467-3-BDB30-F6-F

It ain’t real til it’s real, but yeah lots of coincidences popping up around this.

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

There’s no rule that says they have to perform a song they release I guess. 

I absolutely hope the SOG single comes first before any live attempts are made. That bridge would be a challenge to even the best rock vocalists.