The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I know, but it still is not enough evidence - although, of course, it's entirely possible that it's the same song.

I don't know if it's the 'same' song but Me & My Elvis is most likely the early version of the song. Who knows how it evolved in the following years into Leave Me Alone and Soul Monster... :shrugs:

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't know if it's the 'same' song but Me & My Elvis is most likely the early version of the song. Who knows how it evolved in the following years into Leave Me Alone and Soul Monster... :shrugs:

Yeah, in 2002 the working title of what became Soul Monster was "Leave Me Alone", no "Elvis" in the title. So it could just be a coincidence and "Me and My Elvis" could have evolved to something else (or not).

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

Kanye West actually has plenty of unreleased songs of his own, so this inspired me to check if Spotify recommends Kanye West when I search for those songs. When I searched for "I Feel Like That", which is one unreleased Kanye song, Spotify recommends a Schoolboy Q song that features Kanye West. Other than that the unreleased Kanye West songs don't seem to give me Kanye recommedations on Spotify.

I searched for that and yes, but under the song there is a note in bold that reads "lyrics match" so Spotify recommended this because the words "I feel like that" match with the lyrics of the actual song that also features Kanye. (Spotify on IOS)

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

This is true. When searching on the Spotify app, the results are affected by this particular account's listening habits (e.g. someone who has listened to GN'R a lot Vs. someone who has never listened to GN'R) and not affected by location (e.g. if the account is originally from the UK and the user goes to France, they'll get the same results).

So, like I said earlier, the safest way to test it is to search not on the app, but on the Spotify webpage here without singing in:

https://open.spotify.com/search

And then do the same on other devices (preferably devices with no previous GN'R history from on youtube, google searches, visited websites etc.) and you'll most likely get the same results everywhere (that's how it has worked for me). Then do the same with VPN set to other countries and you'll see that the results differ depending on the country.

I opened this link in incognito mode and no song points to Guns n 'Roses anymore.

1 minute ago, Italian girl said:

What happend last year on spotify before the release of hard skool and absurd?

About 10 days before Hard Skool was released, it was popping up on Spotify search in the same way these songs are popping up now: sometimes the full title or part of it returned GN'R as an artist and that was happening gradually by country.

It's unknown if the same would have happened with Absurd, because that was a surprise release and no one was looking for it before that.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

6 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

What happend last year on spotify before the release of hard skool and absurd?

With Hard Skool there was a similiar situation with what happens now.

Absurd wasn’t really expected tho and I don’t recall anyone trying to search for that.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I don't know either. Soul Monster is also one of the songs that haven't leaked and it's been known only because Axl mentioned singing on it (fans have just speculated that it's the same as the leaked "My and My Elvis" but there's no further evidence of that).

People seem to refer to the leak Me and My Elvis as Soul Monster. On the other hand most people don't refer to Oklahoma as Berlin. So there's that, but I really don't know what to think of all of this. There's definitely many things that the algorithm theory can't explain properly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kurwa said:

I opened this link in incognito mode and no song points to Guns n 'Roses anymore.

Hmm, strange. Like I said, it does for me (although I haven't tried it in incognito mode, but I have tried it on other computers the owners of which have nothing to do with GN'R fandom).

12 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

I searched for that and yes, but under the song there is a note in bold that reads "lyrics match" so Spotify recommended this because the words "I feel like that" match with the lyrics of the actual song that also features Kanye. (Spotify on IOS)

Good call. I used my PC and the desktop version of Spotify doesn't give me the "lyrics match" note.

• Like 1

Just now, Dani_1455 said:

it's inclusion on the 2001 HOB setlist indicates lyrics were added at some point in between. A quote from Gnrevolution 3 years ago!

I'm pretty sure that theory was dismissed? There's no actual evidence that it was on the alt list, maybe I'm wrong and I missed something but it just seems like fan rumour to me.

1 minute ago, Jw224 said:

I'm pretty sure that theory was dismissed? There's no actual evidence that it was on the alt list, maybe I'm wrong and I missed something but it just seems like fan rumour to me.

I'm not saying that you're wrong I'm just saying what they've said, even they did not give proofs.

• Like 1