The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

33 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You had this saved or did you go looking through his posting history, either way, LOL

Hes a creepy stalker. Clearly "all new shows" were just around the corner and the CD was imminent. But the world caught a cold and plans got delayed.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They wouldn't really even need anything new, just change the setlist so Axl sounds decent for most of the show. Drop stuff like Better, Coma, YCBM, Hardschool... if they keep playing sets like Rock In Rio, they deserve all the backlash. :shrugs:

There's no salvation my friend! This is the armaGNRgeddon.

2 hours ago, Jw224 said:

I love that this sp1at guy just posts the same thing every few months and people talk about it like he's saying something different lol.

Who is this sp1at guy? I've seen several references to newgnr songs and sp1at but have no idea who or how credible he is

26 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Who is this sp1at guy? I've seen several references to newgnr songs and sp1at but have no idea who or how credible he is

He's had a track on some inside info since the the pre-CD days. On his old websites he spoke to people and got info about songs like Zodiac, info that we later learned with the leaks in 2019 was accurate.

Infact one of the people he spoke to was Jeff Leeds, the writer of the 05 NYT article about CD. He now works for Universal in some job to do with Peacock.

So he's not totally uninformed and has had accurate sources in the past. That all said he's been very vague lately.

4 minutes ago, Axl S said:

He's had a track on some inside info since the the pre-CD days. On his old websites he spoke to people and got info about songs like Zodiac, info that we later learned with the leaks in 2019 was accurate.

Do you recall if the Zodiac info he had mentioned vocals on that track at the time?

9 minutes ago, Axl S said:

Infact one of the people he spoke to was Jeff Leeds, the writer of the 05 NYT article about CD. He now works for Universal in some job to do with Peacock.

So he's not totally uninformed and has had accurate sources in the past. That all said he's been very vague lately.

I don't remember if it was in this particular interview but the sp1at-website (former rumourboard) was the first one to publish "Quick Song" as a title of a song with a riff similar to Teen Spirit (to name just one thing). Fun board it was, Gigger was another user who had connections but I'm not sure if he is still around. I think it was once said that Big Boss works in the industry with a stronger connection to Slash.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Blackstar said:

There have been rumours about GN'R playing Glastonbury every year in the last few years (and before Covid). Glastonbury definitely wants GN'R (the organizer said so herself last year), but I don't know if GN'R would want to play there (I think that festival doesn't pay much, does it?)

Yeah it doesn't pay much. The big selling points they pitch to acts to get them to play are the 'we give money to charities' angle (can't see GNR giving a shit about that) and the publicity gained from the fact it's broadcast live on the biggest TV channel. Again, I really can't see them wanting to do that. 

The lineup absolutely won't be GNR, Arctic Monkeys and Elton John though. They've become very vocal about giving newer, younger acts a headline slot, and an all male selection of headliners really wouldn't go down well with them either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Thanks!

Wow, so we can expect 4-6 more CD2 tunes? I'm slightly disappointed if they abandoned the rest, there's so much more. Unless Axl has other plans for that material, and if so, hopefully untouched by the NITL lineup. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Thanks!

Wow, so we can expect 4-6 more CD2 tunes? I'm slightly disappointed if they abandoned the rest, there's so much more. Unless Axl has other plans for that material, and if so, hopefully untouched by the NITL lineup. 

Sounds like a 2xEP, or not....

4 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Sounds like a 2xEP, or not....

That's what I'm thinking too.

Slash not thinking there's that much more they recorded over is actually a good thing from the standpoint of the rest of the material having Robin and Bucket on it. :)

34 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Slash talking to Trunk about new songs coming out and working on a NEW album after tour.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1776500235915125/permalink/3462890037276128/

Holy Batman! It's true!!!!!! Is His voice...

He said new tour next summer and after that record new album

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

15 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

That's what I'm thinking too.

Slash not thinking there's that much more they recorded over is actually a good thing from the standpoint of the rest of the material having Robin and Bucket on it. :)

It probably has Robin and Bucket on it for the last 20 years, but that doesn't mean it'll ever be heard:lol:

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 hour ago, Lipfel2 said:

I don't remember if it was in this particular interview but the sp1at-website (former rumourboard) was the first one to publish "Quick Song" as a title of a song with a riff similar to Teen Spirit (to name just one thing). Fun board it was, Gigger was another user who had connections but I'm not sure if he is still around. I think it was once said that Big Boss works in the industry with a stronger connection to Slash.

1 hour ago, Axl S said:

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Do you recall if the Zodiac info he had mentioned vocals on that track at the time?

Here is the article from the Sp1at site with the information from Jeff Leeds (the writer of the New York Times article):

New Guns N' Roses Tracks

Jeff Leeds has spoken to Splat about some 'new' tracks he encountered during his recent investigations for his GN'R article in the NY Times.

The first track, 'Atlas Shrugged' is described as being somewhere between 70's glam rock and 'November Rain'. Another new track, 'Quick Song', is a rock song with a riff similar to 'Smells Like Teen Spirit. The last track, 'Zodiac', is described as an electronic, industrial song.

It is likely that these tracks are older GN'R tracks, so it is unclear whether these tracks will have been A-listed for the forthcoming Guns N' Roses, 'Chinese Democracy'.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3657-2005-03-06-the-new-york-times-the-most-expensive-album-never-made#21329

My guess is that Jeff Leeds had heard the same versions that we got to hear on the Village discs, and it's likely that it was the same source, too (Tom Zutaut, who was interviewed for the NYT articles). Probably Classic Rock heard the same versions as well in 2008.

In another Sp1at article it was mentioned that the tracks Leeds had heard dated from 2000:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t5352-2005-07-28-sp1at-chinese-democracy-july-update

• Like 1