The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

21 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

The way Ticketmaster is butt-fucking concertgoers post-Covid, a 2023 US GNR tour might not even be something I attend. Dynamic pricing is completely out of control at the moment. There are so many artists I wanna see, but I’m one of those people who likes to sit close. Some artists, like blink-182, are not worth $699 each to be within the first 50 rows.

I was unaware of this but not surprising. My dad and I usually buy tickets that fall somewhere in middle of the road as far as quality of location. Not the cheapest, nor most expensive. Easily spend $150-$250 per ticket these days with rows we usually sit at.

23 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Axl is credited for producing and mixing Absurd and Hard Skool (along with Caram). So he was more involved and more responsible for the result than just approving it.

I think he may have somehow been convinced that this is what current/"modern" rock songs should sound like. There's been a lot of talk about the lack of promotion, but I'm sure there was thought and some kind of reasoning (even if it was miscalculated) behind the way they went with these releases, from the selection of these two particular tracks to the production, the spelling of the titles, the imagery, to dropping them digitally as standalone songs, etc. And that was to appeal to young audiences. Like, "kids nowadays find their music on streaming platforms, they don't need anything more." I wonder whose idea that was.

well he spoke about this in the BR interview 

2 minutes ago, deathrevan said:

any idea where this is from?  it doesn't have any vocals and doesn't appear to be drowned out by people talking over it like the cellphone clip

Is the cellphone recording, but someone tried to remove the noise and apparently the vocals were removed with it

7 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Cool hearing the instrumentation clearer. I hate thinking about how it sounds now with Slash.

It can only be better now, Slash managed to somewhat fix HardSkool... this sounds like garbage. More starty stoppy BS that sounds so dated.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Cool hearing the instrumentation clearer. I hate thinking about how it sounds now with Slash.

You can't be hating the idea of having a shit sounding song being rearranged by Slash. It's funny how some of you guys in here are more into shit sounding demos and scared of how Slash will treat them, for all you know they've all been rearranged from as you knew it before Slash even touched or heard them.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Nah I'd prefer it with the nugnr sound too, don't mind slash playing it live like the rest of CD..  but as for the studio release it definitely needs brain, bucket an finck an co. 🤘🙏

Somebody better tell Axl your verdict is in on what they can and cannot do🤣 

Anyway, you will be very disappointed if this fabled album ever gets released, because there's no way Slash isn't going to put his big old stamp all over it and delete all those other players recordings or have them mixed well in the background. I'm not cherishing the idea of this by the way as a fan of CD, it's just an almost certainty that people need to get to grips with. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 11:31 PM, smokingarthur said:

It could have been a great song if someone else would have sang it. It suffers a bit of an identity crisis as Axl’s voice and singing style doesn’t compliment the instrumentals and vice versa. 

I don't mind it but I can also hear Mike Patton doing something interesting with it.

Perhaps a bit like Stripsearch by FNM.

• Like 1

I'd love to have bucket and fink on everything  but if they put an album out without duff and slash on it the band would be either lynched or slash n duff would go

58 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

I'd love that too, but that ship has long sailed. For better or worse, I'd be more than happy to get a Slash-ized version of whatever they worked on at this point.

Definitely- I'd say leaks/bootlegs are probably the only way you'd hear anything with guys who left the band 20-ish years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

You can't be hating the idea of having a shit sounding song being rearranged by Slash. It's funny how some of you guys in here are more into shit sounding demos and scared of how Slash will treat them, for all you know they've all been rearranged from as you knew it before Slash even touched or heard them.

You really can't assume it's a shit sounding song based on a very rough 2 minute recording.

Slash is an icon, not an amazing player, especially these days. I'll be relieved if he does half as good a Robin and Bucket did on the CD stuff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

So no record this year, yeah? Seems like the hype died right quick. 

We can't seriously expect them to release a box set in fall and a new album a few months before that or one month after. They could release a new single towards this year's last shows, though, like last time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I happen to enjoy the Village mix of Hardschool more than the released version.

I think the village versions of these songs are far less marketable in 2022 though. Personally I really didn't think much of it, but my main gripe was the solo section which was poor! But the released version is just a bit better... That slide section🤮

2 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

It’s remarkable the Chili Peppers released more original, new music this year than you will find on way more than half of the GNR catalog. 

Not when you consider that 90% of that material is horseshit. I like the Chili's, but they didn't really have enough good material to fill up an EP, let alone two albums in one year.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Not when you consider that 90% of that material is horseshit. I like the Chili's, but they didn't really have enough good material to fill up an EP, let alone two albums in one year.

Means nothing. People will say that about CD and half the Illusions. The point that the Chilis are more prolific is valid.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

lol what?

I don't give a shit if something sounds dated, but Estranged was structured the very same way. As it was Civil War, It's So Easy and so many others. Not sure what are you talking about. 

This song sounds disjointed, the others you listed flow. Big difference.

I need to hear a proper mix before I say anything final, but I wasn't impressed.