The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

8 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Song is in mono in right channel with Ron's guitar take in the left or maybe other way round I forget. 

He mentioned having a version of Atlas on his laptop that he had done a solo for once in some youtube interview thing. So we know he was doing guitar stuff on these older songs. It's probably a good guess that that mono channel of silkworms was from way before Ron being in the band as the OMG one clearly was. 

If we ever hear a mono version of Atlas leak or any other song it would strongly indicate where it may have come from. If I remember right his email was hacked? A lot of years ago, I could be wrong but I had that version of Silkworms in 2013 so it must of happened before that

Bumblefoot said in an interview after Absurd was released (the quote is in the a-4-d.com link for Absurd above) that he recorded parts on it at the same time he recorded for CD, so in one of his October 2006 and January 2007 sessions (in earlier interviews he mentioned he worked on 30 to 40 songs during those sessions). So all his recordings on CD and "CD 2" were most likely done during that time.

However, the leak could be from later, since, like @Voodoochildsaid, it probably was for Bumblefoot's personal use for the live versions.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, surforia said:

I was going to say the same thing.  That is how you do it.  They essentially recorded an entire album in secret and plan a world tour, then BOOM - they announce the reunion + tour with tickets going on sale 3 days later, the same day the new single drops.  If GN’R did this, my head would explode.

I'm stoked. I love Tom. He's a whack job for sure but I love him for it. His passion for his projects is definitely admirable. 

Hell, Axl probably wouldn't wanna steal any thunder or media attention from the Blink camp. He should probably hold off on any imminent releases out of respect. ( /s) 

2 hours ago, ryanf23 said:

Does anyone here know if Bubblefoot answers fans questions? Maybe someone can ask if he’s heard any songs with axl vocals recorded that’s more than we already have 

He definitely has... he once described most of the CD leftovers as 'sounding like Scraped' which doesn't fit the half-dozen songs we've heard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

I'm stoked. I love Tom. He's a whack job for sure but I love him for it. His passion for his projects is definitely admirable. 

Hell, Axl probably wouldn't wanna steal any thunder or media attention from the Blink camp. He should probably hold off on any imminent releases out of respect. ( /s) 

Agree 100% re: Tom.  Love that guy.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Slash probably never heard the 2000 version with that drumtake. Otherwise he would have said why the fuck are we using these shit drums instead:lol:

Don’t be so harsh on Frank. I prefer to say “dumbed down” instead of “shit” drums :lol:

17 hours ago, Rovim said:

lightheartedness has its value, Axl was always like that on stage. When in a good mood, he cracks a joke. I don't see what's stupid about having a little fun with it.

I believe there is also a correlation to him looking less bloated.

14 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

blink-182 announced a surprise reunion tour and a new record. See, you can do both. It’s possible. They could have just decided to tour the hits.

Clearly they aren't respecting what's going on in the world.

• Haha 4

Maybe Chinese Democracy took away all his desires of release albums. Would make sense. A lot of time and money spent-  band members changes - record company issues - lawsuits . And all the pressure with the new band the "Big return" of Axl and GNR after who knows what happened in those wilderness years with Axl and besides a few people here, no one really cared about CD. 

Remember that Leak Hunters (or similar) PDF that leaked a few years ago. It was like Rain Man assembled a wealth of info revolving around GN'R leaks, quite an impressive read. Apparently, there was a hidden download link in there that had long expired that apparently lead to a download of the Bumblefoot Atlas Shrugged. I can't confirm this, second or third hand info, but it is what I heard.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Remember that Leak Hunters (or similar) PDF that leaked a few years ago. It was like Rain Man assembled a wealth of info revolving around GN'R leaks, quite an impressive read. Apparently, there was a hidden download link in there that had long expired that apparently lead to a download of the Bumblefoot Atlas Shrugged. I can't confirm this, second or third hand info, but it is what I heard.

This sounds like fanfiction lol

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

9 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

It was real, it had info on some stuff I was involved in first hand, somehow. That's not to say it was all legit, but I'd say a majority was. 

Your referring to the document with Solid Snake art work on the cover? PDF from way back, that was a long time ago. I doubt any of those people are around anymore

13 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Your referring to the document with Solid Snake art work on the cover? PDF from way back, that was a long time ago. I doubt any of those people are around anymore

I can't remember if it had any solid snake graphics on it. It surely had a lot of info, including emails, phone numbers etc, about a lot of the studio engineers who worked on the tracks. Some of their responses (when they answered to an attempted contact) were also included. 

I never knew about this "hidden link". If it was there, I never found it. Even if it's expired, the obsolete link should be still there if the info is true. Unfortunately, I can't check that because I'm abroad and I won't have access to my old computer until I'm back home in November.