The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Agreed. I read a lot of posts suggesting that Axl sing all songs in his lower register.

If he did, I’d be out, and so would the overwhelming majority of the audience. The screaming banshee vocals are Guns’ signature. It’d be like if Brian Johnson sang all of AC/DC’s songs an octave lower. No one wants to hear that.

I get that for some Gn'R fans, the lower register is enough cause let's face it, Axl sounds great if it's all low notes if its the right notes, but personally I would prefer him to sing in a clean high register with power which I think he can still do and not shortchange the fans with anything less than the complete Gn'R sound.

for a solo album he can do what he wants imho, but that would probably never happen anyway. For Gn'R, I just can't see it working, but you never know. He doesn't seem to want to give it up anyway, so I'm cool with that.

16 hours ago, Skamos66 said:

If all of that is bullshit to happen or whatever then so be it

I meant this as "If it is bullshit so be it" as I'm not a GNR historian and my points may be wrong. But, Hardskool was written with Slash from I think in like 1995, but again I may be wrong.

Axl is doing great in 2022 for his age and i can tell they wanted to change up the setlist, which is great news because we may get Locomotive again or something during the tour (they soundchecked it at Rockville before the storm bs), Reckless Life was unexpected, and a great moment was when Slash brought back the "hey fuckers!" intro, imo 2022 has been a great GNR year, we may not be getting exactly what we want, but we are getting a lot more than 2003-2005.

30 minutes ago, Skamos66 said:

I meant this as "If it is bullshit so be it" as I'm not a GNR historian and my points may be wrong. But, Hardskool was written with Slash from I think in like 1995, but again I may be wrong.

There is a lot of updated information and quotes about the history of Hard Skool and Absurd/Silkworms here:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4135-hard-skool

https://www.a-4-d.com/t176-absud-silkworms

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

I’m pretty convinced there will be one more album - it’s absolutely going to be a Frankenstein too. I’m absolutely cool with that. It probably won’t be to dissimilar to Led Zeppelins ‘Coda’ which had rarities from throughout the career….and even old live tracks remixed to remove crowd vocals and added vocals/guitar overdubs…..very GNR-like…🤣

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I’m pretty convinced there will be one more album - it’s absolutely going to be a Frankenstein too. I’m absolutely cool with that. It probably won’t be to dissimilar to Led Zeppelins ‘Coda’ which had rarities from throughout the career….and even old live tracks remixed to remove crowd vocals and added vocals/guitar overdubs…..very GNR-like…🤣

I think it may well come after the death of a band member though sadly. 

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

There is a lot of updated information and quotes about the history of Hard Skool and Absurd/Silkworms here:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4135-hard-skool

https://www.a-4-d.com/t176-absud-silkworms

Wow, Slash is really out here explicitly stating that Hard Skool features the original drums from the track. Guess he doesn't know we've all heard the leak :book: 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Wow, Slash is really out here explicitly stating that Hard Skool features the original drums from the track. Guess he doesn't know we've all heard the leak :book: 

is pretty obvios to me that slash n duff reworck all the chinnese material so its  a matter of time 

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

I’m guessing the Drums were overdubbed by Frank during the CD sessions & Slash & Duff overdubbed over that.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Seems like he's talking about the whole process of reworking the CD material and not only about HS. Probably they mostly used the original drums. Or the tracks with Franks drums were what he was given to work with...

In any case, the amount of obfuscation about anything regarding the recording process or potential new songs and the general silence is beyond ridiculous. I don't care that Axl got butthurt with CD, this is just so lame. As if it's some secret NASA discovery on the Moon or something ffs. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Or he hasn't heard the leak (and all the versions of each song).

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

10 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

They were thr original drums by Frank as the song was presented to him. The drums were probably done around 2006. Slash isn't reffering to the version we have from 2000 and probably has never heard it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

They were thr original drums by Frank as the song was presented to him. The drums were probably done around 2006. Slash isn't reffering to the version we have from 2000 and probably has never heard it. 

As a reference to how the song goes wouldn't he have heard at least some version of it though?

Doesn't mean he heard the leak of course and I guess Fortus could just have showed him riffs ect. But if Franks drums were recorded years ago (which I can completely believe) then I wonder if there is a version of that song with Bumblefoot on somewhere

13 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

As a reference to how the song goes wouldn't he have heard at least some version of it though?

Doesn't mean he heard the leak of course and I guess Fortus could just have showed him riffs ect. But if Franks drums were recorded years ago (which I can completely believe) then I wonder if there is a version of that song with Bumblefoot on somewhere

Bumble said he recorded on 30 Chinese tunes including the 14 that got released before he quit the band so it's likely cause it seems HS was always a song Axl wanted to release.

• Like 2

Stunned I didn't realize there was a radio leak. Anyone got it? how different is it?

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Bumble said he recorded on 30 Chinese tunes including the 14 that got released before he quit the band so it's likely cause it seems HS was always a song Axl wanted to release.

Yeah I mean we know he recorded OMG Atlas and Silkworms too so it stands to reason he did. I wonder if DJ was on any of those versions

Edited by Shacklermyrye

22 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Slash probably heard versions of songs with Brain and Frank, but not early versions with Josh Freese.

5 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I wonder if DJ was on any of those versions

I doubt it. It doesn't seem that he recorded on any of "CD 2" - at least he hadn't until October 2014.

• Like 1