The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Ace Frehley did not record any songs on Psycho Circus released in 1998, yet he had rejoined the band in 1996, and was credited on the album. It's a big loss Axl re-recording everything. This means that everything was done in vain. I prefer listening to Chinese era music with the members who played in that, Slash doesn't suit that style. Axl Rose has been lost since 1993, he doesn't know how to release a song these days, and that's completely understandable considering he's a recluse guy who's been in the cave for 7 long years.

It really surprises me that Slash and Duff are so passive. All the bands they've been in have released good albums. I think they accepted the terms that they would release old material, like these bootlegs and video shows, but unreleased music is impossible.

Edited by TheSlashrose
  • Haha 1

Slash and Duff are not hired hands, but they also know what Axl is like much better than we do. So, although I suppose they would have preferred to write something new, they're fine with it if that's what it takes to keep Axl happy and moving (and do his part of the touring, be reliable, on time etc, which he does) - and they get their composition shares on these songs.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Slash and Duff are not hired hands, but they also know what Axl is like much better than we do. So, although I suppose they would have preferred to write something new, they're fine with it if that's what it takes to keep Axl happy and moving (and do his part of the touring, be reliable, on time etc, which he does) - and they get their composition shares on these songs.

Yeah. Is it

3 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Anyone else wondering if Slash & Duff have secretly been thinking “Aw, fuck, here we go…” in regard to Axl inventing ways to hold up the album? They clearly must’ve worked very hard on injecting themselves into all those tracks now 3 plus years ago. They can’t be thrilled with what’s been done or not done since they wrapped.

I don't see how they can't be really, really bored, looking at how they've both worked over the years. Sometimes Slash certainly looks it onstage, in a way he never does onstage with SMKC. 

Mind you, there's worse ways to earn money than doing shows for money, so they probably accept the tedium that might come from playing the same songs over and over every night as just an occupational hazard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I don't see how they can't be really, really bored, looking at how they've both worked over the years. Sometimes Slash certainly looks it onstage, in a way he never does onstage with SMKC. 

Mind you, there's worse ways to earn money than doing shows for money, so they probably accept the tedium that might come from playing the same songs over and over every night as just an occupational hazard. 

I imagine he is bored of the music, but he’s still probably paying off his divorce and enjoying the time away from Meegan 

• Like 1

I have a feeling Axl realizes that people want new music, and would like to do something about it, and I bet the band has written material, Slash riffs or whatever, Axl lyrics maybe, but I think Axl might be self-conscious about his current voice and doesn't want to make anything sub-par in the studio. You can tell he is really straining himself in the shows and I notice he smiles when he has good vocal moments, remember he stayed the night at that one stadium show while feeling sick, and had anxiety about if he could perform for the next day.

Also, nothing off the Village Sessions has been released officially, Silkworms originally wasn't really a "band" song, more of a My World by Axl, and Hardskool ofc was recorded in the 90s. I also have had the feeling that Axl wants to keep the band "Authentically GNR" if that makes sense, remember it was Slash that wanted to play the CD songs, Axl seemed like he would have been fine going on without them if it wasn't for Slash. That may be why nothing off the Village Sessions have come out, maybe Axl doesn't consider them Guns N Roses songs?

Of course we can speculate all we want, but the Band must know they are running out of time to do something, and I predict we will actually get something that will turn heads within the next year, but with the box set as the "hype" right now, it may be (yet again) a while before we see something like Ain't Goin' Down or Oh My God reworked come out.

If all of that is bullshit to happen or whatever then so be it, but there IS things GnR can do that require almost zero effort: release the Houston 2016 show from NITL tour, they have the pro-shots the only thing stopping it is Management, a "Live Era 2", Release an Ultra Ultra Deluxe version of the Illusions Boxset and include Inglewood and some other shows, after the current box set release, or just simply interact with fans (although I get why they'd be hesitant lmao)
Idk i've been typing this way too long but I don't think the band is oblivious to the fanbase wanting new music.

9 minutes ago, Skamos66 said:

I have a feeling Axl realizes that people want new music, and would like to do something about it, and I bet the band has written material, Slash riffs or whatever, Axl lyrics maybe, but I think Axl might be self-conscious about his current voice and doesn't want to make anything sub-par in the studio. You can tell he is really straining himself in the shows and I notice he smiles when he has good vocal moments, remember he stayed the night at that one stadium show while feeling sick, and had anxiety about if he could perform for the next day.

Also, nothing off the Village Sessions has been released officially, Silkworms originally wasn't really a "band" song, more of a My World by Axl, and Hardskool ofc was recorded in the 90s. I also have had the feeling that Axl wants to keep the band "Authentically GNR" if that makes sense, remember it was Slash that wanted to play the CD songs, Axl seemed like he would have been fine going on without them if it wasn't for Slash. That may be why nothing off the Village Sessions have come out, maybe Axl doesn't consider them Guns N Roses songs?

Of course we can speculate all we want, but the Band must know they are running out of time to do something, and I predict we will actually get something that will turn heads within the next year, but with the box set as the "hype" right now, it may be (yet again) a while before we see something like Ain't Goin' Down or Oh My God reworked come out.

If all of that is bullshit to happen or whatever then so be it, but there IS things GnR can do that require almost zero effort: release the Houston 2016 show from NITL tour, they have the pro-shots the only thing stopping it is Management, a "Live Era 2", Release an Ultra Ultra Deluxe version of the Illusions Boxset and include Inglewood and some other shows, after the current box set release, or just simply interact with fans (although I get why they'd be hesitant lmao)
Idk i've been typing this way too long but I don't think the band is oblivious to the fanbase wanting new music.

Where did u read about Slash wanting to play the CD songs? 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I admittedly haven't watched many videos from the last legs, but from the few recent ones I've watched (mostly clips on Meegan's and other entourage IG accounts), they didn't look bored - on the contrary, they looked very energetic. Of course, I suppose it helps that they play in front of great crowds in SA.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I admittedly haven't watched many videos from the last legs, but from the few recent ones I've watched (mostly clips on Meegan's and other entourage IG accounts), they didn't look bored - on the contrary, they looked very energetic. Of course, I suppose it helps that they play in front of great crowds in SA.

SA crowds are always great! 

I was pretty surprised when I saw SMKC how much more 'into it' Slash seemed. I'm basing this on a couple of years ago though- I don't watch the crappy YouTube footage anymore. 

It's all sort of a moot point I suppose- they keep wanting to do it, whether they're bored or not,and presumably will for many years to come, regardless of whether there's any new songs or not. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Skamos66 said:

ABSURD and Hard Skool both appear on the Village Sessions. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

If he was self-conscious in any way, he wouldn't tour non-stop. He obviously does what he does for a reason since he's coached

he's getting up there, age wise. We know he's aware about his voice issues. I think it's more logical to use his voice now, at his current age and to sing more responsibly like he is doing, taking advice from vocal coaches, etc. (he doesn't seem to want to restrict himself with song choices so he's still going for the challenging shit like Coma for example)

4 minutes ago, Chuzeville said:

Regarding vocals, actual new music would give Axl the opportunity to write for his current vocal abilities, using his lower register which remains impressive.

I think a big part of any Gn'R record and the Gn'R sound is Axl's piercing high vocals. At least on some tunes. Agreed about his lower register though.

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

I think a big part of any Gn'R record and the Gn'R sound is Axl's piercing high vocals. At least on some tunes. Agreed about his lower register though.

Agreed. I read a lot of posts suggesting that Axl sing all songs in his lower register.

If he did, I’d be out, and so would the overwhelming majority of the audience. The screaming banshee vocals are Guns’ signature. It’d be like if Brian Johnson sang all of AC/DC’s songs an octave lower. No one wants to hear that.

18 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Agreed. I read a lot of posts suggesting that Axl sing all songs in his lower register.

If he did, I’d be out, and so would the overwhelming majority of the audience. The screaming banshee vocals are Guns’ signature. It’d be like if Brian Johnson sang all of AC/DC’s songs an octave lower. No one wants to hear that.

I would prefer that cause the high pitched approach just doesn't work anymore. YCBM, Sweet Child, November Rain, Paradise City...all of these would sound 100% better.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Axl's cleaner singing on CD1 and CD2 (whichever form it takes) would make a decent transition into a subsequent album that has more lower or cleaner singing. I'm sure the high piercing vocals will come up from time to time regardless.

Subsequent album lol