The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

13 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

"This is a new song - I wrote it 20 years ago"

Gold. You can't make this shit up.

It’s really one of the more GNR things he could say. I have to believe there’s a bit of winking self-awareness somewhere in there. 😆

• Like 1

if they release a new album  they might go to talk shows to spoke about it like idk conan o brien or jimmy fallon? you think they could release some videoclips? idk i wish but i can t see this band doing all that and many of this things r by contract, maybe axl don t wan t to do all that? and he s tire of that bulshit contractual thing  

14 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Wow, Slash is really out here explicitly stating that Hard Skool features the original drums from the track. Guess he doesn't know we've all heard the leak :book: 

Is it Josh or Brain on the Village demo? It’s dated late 2000 on the disc, so I suppose it could be either, though Josh has a writing credit.

20 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

It’s really one of the more GNR things he could say. I have to believe there’s a bit of winking self-awareness somewhere in there. 😆

Yes, I think it was a self-deprecating joke.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

One thing I just thought of is based off of Slash’s descriptions, the new intro to hard school has probably been around for a while. Which I initially thought was something Duff came up with.

What in Slash's descriptions makes you think that?

The released Hard Skool doesn't sound anything close to what I'd imagine the latest mix from the CD lineup sounding like.

For whatever reason, I believe the NITL lineup changed that song more than they did with Silkworms/Absurd. 

I can't imagine 2001-2014 GN'R doing that intro that was on the released version. The one we heard in 2000 was very much something I'd expect to hear in 2009-2014 or whenever they intended to release CD2 at the time(s).

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

17 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

That version of Silkworms was probably Bumblefoot playing over an earlier edit - it wasn't his arrangement. I think @Voodoochildhas analyzed it.

Song is in mono in right channel with Ron's guitar take in the left or maybe other way round I forget. 

He mentioned having a version of Atlas on his laptop that he had done a solo for once in some youtube interview thing. So we know he was doing guitar stuff on these older songs. It's probably a good guess that that mono channel of silkworms was from way before Ron being in the band as the OMG one clearly was. 

If we ever hear a mono version of Atlas leak or any other song it would strongly indicate where it may have come from. If I remember right his email was hacked? A lot of years ago, I could be wrong but I had that version of Silkworms in 2013 so it must of happened before that

On 10/8/2022 at 7:34 PM, Wabby said:

LOL I actually like Hardy, but probably "Sold out" or his new song "Jack" is more up Guns N Roses fans alleys

The mockingbird and the crow is pretty good too.

But it doesn't even matter what people here think of Hardy. There are a lot of artists releasing new music, and there is something for everyone. At some point people will forget about GnR when there's no new music.

There is not even much to discuss anymore. We're really grasping for straws, looking at Spotify search results and stuff lol.

It's pretty hopeless.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

That version of Silkworms was probably Bumblefoot playing over an earlier edit - it wasn't his arrangement. I think @Voodoochildhas analyzed it.

I did? Can't remember, but I probably did hahaha

As far as I know, Bumble added two fretless solos. There's also some weird wah stuff by Robin and the last solo is Buckethead. The guitar arrangement - the guitar riff - was probably made before Bumble joined the band. The guitars in the chorus are much the same as the Rio/Vegas 2000 version. I don't really think the Slash/Fortus version has that much in common other than obviously playing the same chords and overall hook.

2 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Song is in mono in right channel with Ron's guitar take in the left or maybe other way round I forget. 

He mentioned having a version of Atlas on his laptop that he had done a solo for once in some youtube interview thing. So we know he was doing guitar stuff on these older songs. It's probably a good guess that that mono channel of silkworms was from way before Ron being in the band as the OMG one clearly was. 

If we ever hear a mono version of Atlas leak or any other song it would strongly indicate where it may have come from. If I remember right his email was hacked? A lot of years ago, I could be wrong but I had that version of Silkworms in 2013 so it must of happened before that

Not only Ron, but also Buckethead, who also have the last solo in Going Down and plays all the main leads in OMG. Those mp3 were clearly built by/for Bumble with the parts he would play live in those songs. Still not sure if the purpose was to Ron learn what to play (even his own solos, as Axl most likely comped it together) or for the soundboard tech guy to know what kind of mix he would need to get for Bumble's in-ear piece for monitoring on stage.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

lightheartedness has its value, Axl was always like that on stage. When in a good mood, he cracks a joke. I don't see what's stupid about having a little fun with it.

Axl is not allowed to make jokes. I still remember when he made a joke about Absurd and people thought he was being serious and thought the song was shit.

2 hours ago, Lethalis said:

The mockingbird and the crow is pretty good too.

But it doesn't even matter what people here think of Hardy. There are a lot of artists releasing new music, and there is something for everyone. At some point people will forget about GnR when there's no new music.

There is not even much to discuss anymore. We're really grasping for straws, looking at Spotify search results and stuff lol.

It's pretty hopeless.

I certainly haves hopes we will hear new music at some point. There are enough indications for that. But I am not actively waiting for it. When it happens, it happens. And in the mean time life goes on. 

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Yes. Doesn’t change the fact that it’s an utterly stupid, yet hysterical sentence than almost no other musician would say when talking about new music.

Most musicians don't release 20 year old songs. Anyway, a lighthearted sort of self-deprecating joke from Axl that only fans who take things too seriously would fail to enjoy. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

The Bumble version of Atlas is out there FYI. Some have it.

It might be something or it might be nothing.  I am seeing numerous articles in my twitter feed and other places about the "mysterious song."  Very similar to the articles about Absurd when logic tells me it would be known as Silkworm if you didn't know any better.

Since the posts haven't been taken down - maybe sly marketing to gin up interest?