The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I am highly certain we are going to be getting a full length release sooner rather than later. And by sooner I mean within the next 6-8 months. 

Certain, as in you have sources that have shared something? I mean, I want a new album as well so I’m hoping you have some sort of insider knowledge here. 

They were planning to release “Hard Skool” probably in the spring of 2020 based on it being soundchecked in Mexico. Covid delayed that. So they should have pivoted and prepared a full-length album for release by the time the world opened. They didn’t. More wasted time. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Certain, as in you have sources that have shared something? I mean, I want a new album as well so I’m hoping you have some sort of insider knowledge here. 

Any “insider” knowledge will be shared with mods before it gets posted here. Not getting myself into the BS that I found myself in last time. 

9 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Fixed

Actually don’t get high until 9pm but my post would still say the same thing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Any “insider” knowledge will be shared with mods before it gets posted here. Not getting myself into the BS that I found myself in last time.

Got it, I guess I don’t remember there being an issue with anything you have said here. I regard you as one of the more knowledgeable and insightful posters so I was just curious.✌🏻

Just now, DTV88 said:

Got it, I guess I don’t remember there being an issue with anything you have said here. I regard you as one of the more knowledgeable and insightful posters so I was just curious.✌🏻

Oh no, there was never an issue on here. More so major issues from the individuals whom I passed along the information from. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I am highly certain we are going to be getting a full length release sooner rather than later. And by sooner I mean within the next 6-8 months. 

6-8 months is a pretty big parking spot. Lots can happen or change in there.

7 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

They were planning to release “Hard Skool” probably in the spring of 2020 based on it being soundchecked in Mexico. Covid delayed that. So they should have pivoted and prepared a full-length album for release by the time the world opened. They didn’t. More wasted time. 

Money is currently in the nostalgia aspect of the band. Hence AFD/Illusions box sets. 

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

It’s called being a fan of this band 😂

8 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Some say that 3 years later, the 6 months Fernando mentioned is still going on! :lol:

In Guns N' Roses world, time is a weird soup

Edited by WhazUp
  • GNFNR 2

22 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Money is currently in the nostalgia aspect of the band. Hence AFD/Illusions box sets. 

31 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

covid has zero effect on releasing music as proven by MANY artists.  Some releasing album 2 already.  Thats just a gnr excuse

Edited by fabrph5
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

So your source is confident then? Not trying to be a dick, honestly curious.

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

I think out everything that you mentioned, 2021 maybe would have made sense to release an album. That's a maybe since we were still in the pandemic and slowly beginning to recover. Fact is the last 6 years just wasn't an opportune time to release something. 2016-2018, they wanted to make up for loss time. I can't fault them for that. 2019 they needed a break. I can't fault them for that either. 2020, there was the pandemic. Now in 2020, albums were release by AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Bruce, etc. Albums were good to great. Bruce was great and it was probably his best album in years. However, all of those albums fizzled out due to no touring as a result of Covid.  The timing just hasn't been there yet.  I do think that they'll need to release new material next year if they still want to tour. They'll have issue in 2023 and 2024 selling out if they don't. That I wholeheartedly agree with. In my opinion, I just don't think the timing has been there yet.   

Even if we don't agree on everything, we agree on the same sentiment. If this shit's happening, it's gotta be soon. All eyes on next year. Then there's really finally no more excuses, at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Even if we don't agree on everything, we agree on the same sentiment. If this shit's happening, it's gotta be soon. All eyes on next year. Then there's really finally no more excuses, at all.

At this point anytime, is already too late. It should have happened already. Moving forward, there’s no urgency on the part of the band as their legacy is already deeply solidified.

And there’s no real incentive for any new music to come out as it won’t make any difference to their legacy, ticket sales nor will it make any waves or penetrate into the market in terms of sales.

I’d love to have the CD sessions with vocals the way they were intended to sound over the period they were recorded. Unfortunately it’s gonna be some Frankensteinean fabtraption. Either way, I’ll have at it, if it ever comes…

• Like 1

The only thing that happens while GnR doesn't release anything, is me discovering more great music which makes me forget about GnR altogether :shrugs:

At some point Axl must realize this is happening. I mean... most people also have a limited budget for going to shows.

What would you rather do? See GnR for the 10th time or see other artists which actually release new great stuff?

I'll see myself out :shrugs:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lethalis said:

The only thing that happens while GnR doesn't release anything, is me discovering more great music which makes me forget about GnR altogether :shrugs:

At some point Axl must realize this is happening. I mean... most people also have a limited budget for going to shows.

What would you rather do? See GnR for the 10th time or see other artists which actually release new great stuff?

Eurgh that was bad. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lethalis said:

LOL I actually like Hardy, but probably "Sold out" or his new song "Jack" is more up Guns N Roses fans alleys