The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

Yep. I loved that era. The unpredictability of it was great, musicianship top notch, and the anticipation for new music (and knowing it was coming) was a great time. I still remember the first time I heard the Better leak - exceptional.

Agreed. I remember finding guitar tab for CD Silkowrms and Riad that people had tried to figure out from the HOB shows. They were all completely wrong lol those were the days

5 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

I see this topic has now died again. The good ol’ times.

Don't worry I'm certain it will reach 1000 pages of discussion before anything comes out

I don't know if that's sad or awesome, maybe it's sadly awesome, which is how I would describe being a fan of this band in general

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

I see the cover photo of Twitter & Facebook has been changed to UYI. 
If there’s to be November Rain single I just can’t see a new song before that. 

I was of the opinion new songs were imminent but I'm loosing hope. I have zero excitement for the box set & will definitely wait it out until price drops. 

Edited by reayj2003
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

The same thing I’d do if I had his money. Hang out. Chill at my beautiful house. 

He’s stated that he’s not a recluse like everyone thinks - he just doesn’t hang around Hollywood/the usual celebrity spots.

I’m sure it’s not unusual to see Axl out at a restaurant with some friends in certain areas. He might even make a Target run every once in a while. I’m sure he goes to the movies.

That type of shit.

This idea that Axl is in a studio cooking up masterpieces that he’s squirreling away for some grand release is fanboy nonsense. He’s a 60 year old man who who conquered the world a few times over and got obscenely rich doing so. He’s chilling.

Yep. I live not too far from Axl and I’ve had friends tell me they spotted him around some small towns nearby doing some errands. There’s plenty of areas in SoCal you can go and not be spotted or recognized.

7 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

The same thing I’d do if I had his money. Hang out. Chill at my beautiful house. 

He’s stated that he’s not a recluse like everyone thinks - he just doesn’t hang around Hollywood/the usual celebrity spots.

I’m sure it’s not unusual to see Axl out at a restaurant with some friends in certain areas. He might even make a Target run every once in a while. I’m sure he goes to the movies.

That type of shit.

This idea that Axl is in a studio cooking up masterpieces that he’s squirreling away for some grand release is fanboy nonsense. He’s a 60 year old man who who conquered the world a few times over and got obscenely rich doing so. He’s chilling.

I agree, although I do think there certainly is some insulating from the outside world that is done by TB/those around Axl. Be it at either Axls request or TB doing on their own.

I think there is a bit of Dr.Dre aspect to Axl as well…Lots of people around Dr.dre will say “I don’t know why he won’t release a new album, every song I’ve heard is INCREDIBLE”, it basically echoes what those around Axl say.

IMO anyone who has access to these guys isn’t going to say “yeah, he has a lot of unfinished demos that I suppose could be something” 

10 minutes ago, ronartest2004 said:

I think there is a bit of Dr.Dre aspect to Axl as well…Lots of people around Dr.dre will say “I don’t know why he won’t release a new album, every song I’ve heard is INCREDIBLE”, it basically echoes what those around Axl say.

Agreed, though that’s not necessarily an apples to apples comparison. Dr. Dre is known more as a producer than as an artist himself, so while we’re constantly craving a new Dr. Dre solo album, you can hear his production work on new tracks being released every year.

The same can’t be said for Axl.

5 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Agreed, though that’s not necessarily an apples to apples comparison. Dr. Dre is known more as a producer than as an artist himself, so while we’re constantly craving a new Dr. Dre solo album, you can hear his production work on new tracks being released every year.

The same can’t be said for Axl.

Great point.

I think that also adds to the “where’s Axl?” aspect. People at least hear music that dr dre contributed to. What was Axl last vocal feature?, Bazs solo album?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

:sleeper:

What’s this? A day of lull inbtween weeks of frantic excitement over possible Spotify uploads followed by the band rehearsing new music bores you to sleep? You need more to keep you engaged and excited? Oh, I am sooo sorry. Have I got bad news for you. It doesn't get better than this. This is the pinnacle of GN'R fandom, it is what keeps the fan base alive. It is only beaten by the very rare release of new music, but that only happens once per generation. This is as good as it gets.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What’s this? A day of lull inbtween weeks of frantic excitement over possible Spotify uploads followed by the band rehearsing new music bores you to sleep? You need more to keep you engaged and excited? Oh, I am sooo sorry. Have I got bad news for you. It doesn't get better than this. This is the pinnacle of GN'R fandom, it is what keeps the fan base alive. It is only beaten by the very rare release of new music, but that only happens once per generation. This is as good as it gets.

:sleeper:

@SoulMonster I'm just kidding :lol:

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You’re right. This is as good as it gets. A fact that is more nauseating than yawn inducing. So, I’ll give you that.

• Like 2