The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

They're booked touring for the rest of 2022. Obviously, as the previous poster said, the Illusions box will get whatever push they feel like putting behind it in Q4 (which surprisingly seems like not much).

Their 2023 plans are the big unknown. Any new material will be dependent upon a US Leg. 

Miles Kennedy is touring with Alter Bridge until April, so Slash is free til at *least* then. Though we don't know if his future plans include SMKC in the foreseeable future.

Guns could take some time off - they've toured regularly since the reunion, save for the obvious pandemic shutdown, and all reports are that booking shows has been miserable for a lot of acts as, since Covid, as everyone is scrambling to get out there all at once. Not sure if that will continue into 2023, but I could see Guns taking some time off.

I just can't see them releasing Atlas, SOG, or Perhaps without a US Leg to promote.

Edited by GoodOlJohnnyK

16 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

They're booked touring for the rest of 2022. Obviously, as the previous poster said, the Illusions box will get whatever push they feel like putting behind it in Q4 (which surprisingly seems like not much).

Their 2023 plans are the big unknown. Any new material will be dependent upon a US Leg. 

Miles Kennedy is touring with Alter Bridge until April, so Slash is free til at *least* then. Though we don't know if his future plans include SMKC in the foreseeable future.

Guns could take some time off - they've toured regularly since the reunion, save for the obvious pandemic shutdown, and all reports are that booking shows has been miserable for a lot of acts as, since Covid, as everyone is scrambling to get out there all at once. Not sure if that will continue into 2023, but I could see Guns taking some time off.

I just can't see them releasing Atlas, SOG, or Perhaps without a US Leg to promote.

i feel they percibe the pandemia like a rest 

10 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Are you a bit dumb by any chance?

What does your source say about the Vietnam war?

I think it is you sir who is dumb to the reset. & to the latter, I learned all I need to know from Rambo: First Blood. 

Edited by kanecrescente
  • Haha 1

Moved a bunch of posts that have no relation to the topic to the Russian invasion of Ukraine thread:

Also hid a lot of posts containing insults.  

If there's not much else to discuss about a new album, then let's not fill this thread with other discussions.  That's why we have other sections and topics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

We have come to a point where the "new album" thread is about Ukraine and the most active thread in the Anything Goes section is GN'R fan fiction.

"It's called respecting what is happening in the world right now."

• ABSUЯD 1

6 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

There's other threads for that. This is about GnR new album updates. Ukraine is not related to this topic and it needs to be elsewhere. I come here to escape politics, not have to dig through more of it to find any details on the album or lack thereof.

Edited by fantomas
  • Confused 2

On 10/5/2022 at 8:54 AM, Uncle Bob said:

Fuck respecting fans, the ones that actually pay for their lifestyle.

Fuck respecting being an artist and actually creating something to add to the great collective. 

Thats right folks, GNR can’t release NEW music because of the war in Ukraine. They can only release new old music, apparently this doesn’t counter Ukraines offensive and defensive strategy. GNR are obviously looking out for the well-being of Ukrainians…..

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Fuck respecting being an artist and actually creating something to add to the great collective. 

Thats right folks, GNR can’t release NEW music because of the war in Ukraine. They can only release new old music, apparently this doesn’t counter Ukraines offensive and defensive strategy. GNR are obviously looking out for the well-being of Ukrainians…..

Stop crying 

37 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Here: 

17 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

He was making fun of an actual quote GNRs manager Fernando made when asked about why there's no new album

• Like 1

18 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

He was making fun of an actual quote GNRs manager Fernando made when asked about why there's no new album

Wow, Fernando never ceases to amaze me. Just tell the truth, dude. They don't wanna record, there are no plans, end of. Being honest is a respectable thing to do, don't give us this BS; if anything it's disrespectful to the victims of the war, who have nothing to do with GnR releasing an album. Why use the murder of innocents as an excuse? Seriously, who does that?

5 minutes ago, Sonic Reducer said:

Wow, Fernando never ceases to amaze me. Just tell the truth, dude. They don't wanna record, there are no plans, end of. Being honest is a respectable thing to do, don't give us this BS; if anything it's disrespectful to the victims of the war, who have nothing to do with GnR releasing an album. Why use the murder of innocents as an excuse? Seriously, who does that?

To be fair, I think that was during the covid pandemic. Still it's a bullshit excuse lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokingarthur said:

That would be the million of fans attending shows since 2016. They seem happy enough with 3+ hour shows with all the hits and much more. 

What you are whining about is the band not respecting you. Boo-hoo. 

• Like 1