The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Absurd was released at the end of the first week of the tour and Hard Skool was released towards the end.

Axl is the only musician who would release a new album at the end of a tour. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

We are not making any excuses (not that that is our job anyway) but pointing out that it is only natural that they will pretend new music is a possibility when they have stated new music is the plan. 

If only there was somewhere on the internet to look at all the quotes over the last thirty years from people associated with Axl talking about all the new music they've made with him and how it would soon be released.

• Haha 1

I'm glad that I didn't follow the NuGnR era, especially the last phase of it, and so I haven't got PTSD from vague Fortus and Dizzy interviews - although I don't think that would have happened to me even if I had followed the band during that period, because I don't get PTSD from bands not doing whatever.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Its Tino said:

I’m sure Axl has written lyrics in the past 5 or so years. That’s what he does. He’s a writer. It’s reflex for a guy like that.   

I’m also 99.99% sure none of it will materialize into any recording/new material. Axl today strikes me as a guy who just writes for himself. A lot of people write music, paint, whatever their art of choice may be, for their own gratification. 

But I also believe that he wants to release the tracks that were ready for release since 2010 or whatever year for CD2. Those songs were made with the intention of releasing them. 

I am of the opinion that between tours...

Axl does not sing a note

He does not play a piano key

He does not a write a single word

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I'm glad that I didn't follow the NuGnR era, especially the last phase of it, and so I haven't got PTSD from vague Fortus and Dizzy interviews - although I don't think that would have happened to me even if I had followed the band during that period, because I don't get PTSD from bands not doing whatever.

I myself seem to be having an ongoing, long-term, fucking decades lasting TSD then.

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I myself seem to be having an ongoing, long-term, fucking decades lasting TSD then.

I guess you're not the only one.

I see that the likelihood of a new(ish) song that we haven't heard before (at least we definitely haven't heard any version of it with vocals) has caused some people to vent even more than before. That's a bizarre reaction that I don't understand at all, but maybe long TSD would explain it. :lol:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I've seen when randoms edit the setlist. this doesnt look like it. been like that since start of show. normally it is fixed as soon as something false is on there.  https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2022/estadio-river-plate-buenos-aires-argentina-53b193ed.html 

The person who edited it to say that used the instagram video as a source lol

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

The person who edited it to say that used the instagram video as a source lol

Where do you see that?

Edit: I can see where you have gone in an changed it :lol: State of grace it could well be though. The synths behind the opening possibly. But it's obv speculation 

Edited by JimiRose

20 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Where do you see that?

Edit: I can see where you have gone in an changed it :lol: State of grace it could well be though. The synths behind the opening possibly. But it's obv speculation 

In other words: it's bullshit. Or daniel21072005 from setlist.fm is now our trusted source. Gotta be one of the two mate, choose wisely

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

In other words: it's bullshit. Or daniel21072005 from setlist.fm is now our trusted source. Gotta be one of the two mate, choose wisely

Tough choice, but... I'm backing Daniel. After people trying to convince me about a spotify algorithm unique to GnR and only active for the past 2 weeks, I'd say Daniel is probably the most trusted source we've had this week.

2 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Tough choice, but... I'm backing Daniel. After people trying to convince me about a spotify algorithm unique to GnR and only active for the past 2 weeks, I'd say Daniel is probably the most trusted source we've had this week.

People do have posted that it works for other bands, and it has also worked on Hard Skool before it came out like 2 weeks later.

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

You should of been there in the early 00's. Realizing your favourite bands shows now included a nun chuck robot dancing solo was quite bizarre

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

After people trying to convince me about a spotify algorithm unique to GnR and only active for the past 2 weeks,

I don't think anyone's been trying to convince you about that, maybe you simply don't understand what people are saying to you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't think anyone's been trying to convince you about that, maybe you simply don't understand what people are saying to you?

Really? Have you not read the thread? If i Ctrl F 'Algorithm' my laptop would blow up

• Like 1