The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

9 hours ago, Free Bird said:

That kind of stuff fits Fernandos agenda and it's exactly the reason why he's a shitty manager. Jesus. Good that you're not part of GNR management. I didn't think it gets even worse but reading your posts convinced me otherwise. 

I can't even tell if you're just trolling anymore, seriously dude :lol:

:D

I assure you if I was part of GN'R's management, I would have been fired long ago, thankfully before the reunion because then I'd have been able to snatch ALL of the CD era stuff. ;) 

I’m curious to know the age of some of the posters here. I’m hoping some of you skew older, because some of the CD era demos you love so much sound like they’d be edgy and new…in 1996. 

I agree with those of you who say you don’t want to hear Slash on The General. Neither do I. Because, if that’s the General, I don’t want to hear it at all. More sludgy, late-90s faux industrial nonsense.

43 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I’m curious to know the age of some of the posters here. I’m hoping some of you skew older, because some of the CD era demos you love so much sound like they’d be edgy and new…in 1996. 

I agree with those of you who say you don’t want to hear Slash on The General. Neither do I. Because, if that’s the General, I don’t want to hear it at all. More sludgy, late-90s faux industrial nonsense.

im 26 and love CD era stuff btw also love appetite and uyi 

1 hour ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I'm 38 and I'm well aware that they would sound dated to other people, as would all GN'R's stuff. But so what? I don't give a french fried titty fuck what other people think of there music. I don't think many people on here have heard the track enough to review it. but if you have then please send it to me lol 

I like all the era's but will always skew slightly more to the CD era

Edited by Shacklermyrye

I'm 45....the only thing keeping me interested these days is the myth of CD and music that didnt get released. I was excited when CD came out in '08. I never listen to it now. Don't even really listen to Appetite or Illusions anymore (at least in full). I want the unreleased stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

I'm 45....the only thing keeping me interested these days is the myth of CD and music that didnt get released. I was excited when CD came out in '08. I never listen to it now. Don't even really listen to Appetite or Illusions anymore (at least in full). I want the unreleased stuff. 

oh god

• Like 1

I'm 41 and Velvet Revolver got me into GnR. I already knew GnR but it wasn't until VR's Contraband (which I really like) that I started to look into the history of GnR and what Axl was doing with his new band.

It also got me into more grunge stuff, because I found STP to be really good too. And then Alice in Chains etc.

When I was younger and actually living in the 90s I was more into stuff like Radiohead, RHCP, Linkin Park, Evanescence and Smashing Pumpkins :shrugs::lol:

I also was guilty of liking Nickelback once.

Nowadays I listen to country / red neck rock for fun and I don't really like the NuGNR stuff that much anymore and miss Izzy. I have no idea why I'm still here to be honest :rofl-lol:

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 2

40.  In 1991 I heard the bridge part of November Rain and didn’t know it was GNR.  I was like 9.  I was a weird kid.  Even at 7/8 years old I bought cassettes instead of candy, video games etc.  I had heard some of appetite and lies due to my older siblings but that bridge outro of November rain made me love GNR and Slash and introduced me to playing guitar myself and chasing my own musical endeavors for several years.  Illusions are my favorite records, although I love them all and like others. I’m intrigued by the CD era and the lack of footage, music, pictures and info.  I liked the album.  Some songs more than others.  Hope we hear more, but with how guns has been run since 1994/1995 Faith No More became my next Favorite band of all time. Have never understood the bullshit ways this band is handled/run etc. I don’t blame TB.  I don’t know them as people personally.  It’s cool the band performs but I won’t pay that much to see them.  I met slash.  That was enough.  I wish I couldvE seen early illusions tour. 

• Like 1

I'm 32. Got into GNR in 2006. I was hooked on the CD saga and actually thought it would come out in 2006. I definitely love CD but I wish 2006 was the year. Those demos are personally my favourite, the ones from the Antiquiet leaks and that era. Robin and Bucket sans Bumble just hit to me. 

• Like 2

33, and my response would mirror many of yours. The only new material in my adult life was CD. My brother had the UYI records, and I loved the singles on the radios. In the era of dialup I found many bootleg demos and concerts, and it was glorious.

Last night I had a dream GN'R was about to release a new single. The name was odd, it was 2 or 4 shorter words, almost like a sentence. (Can't remember specifics) but we all were expecting to hear it within a few days. It was something we never heard of in any form, even by name and it was supposed to be aggressive, and considered to be one of the best songs they had. Info also leaked that the band would only release the album shortly after if the single performed well. 

• Like 1

Sp1at has returned on Gnrevo: Still nothing from the band, label saying releases are getting slotted, nothing else. An industry news text went around claiming gnr are at Glastonbury next year with Arctic Monkeys and Elton John, Gnr on the Saturday, and the Glasgow date is still open, according to promoters. And there is no forthcoming solo Slash material or tour on the horizon, so it looks like GNR are possibly touring next year, at least. The online German dates and Oslo are fake though

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I'm 27 and i've been a fan since i was 6 because of My dad. I couldn't care less about the demos leaks and NuGNR members. Of course i couldn't care less about how Slash would sound on Chinese leftovers or how he plays CD Stuff live. All that matters to me is Slash is in the band and My choice would be a new record from scratch. If that's not happening i'd take leftovers reworked by Slash and Duff and whatever they want to do with those. Buckethead can suck it