The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Am I the only one excited about this? I never thought we would get any more than a few more stand-alone songs over the next months or even years, and now Slash has explicitly said this is happening, maybe we even get something before Christmas. It is happening :)

I’m a bit skeptical and nervous just because Slash has said similar before, but overall, yes, it’s really positive news to me.

They're reaching a point where, if there's not much material from the CD sessions that is releasable (or that Axl wants to release), they'll have to try and write new music if they want to continue touring as they have - unless, of course, they tour South America every two years, play the odd festival and do residencies.

I don't think they'll ever be able to write a whole new album, but I'd be content with one or two newly written songs.

4 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

SMKC will tour Europe in early 2024 as the part of 'The River is Rising Tour' to promote '4'. No new music from Conspirators, for now. 

Slash said in interviews with Aussie radio earlier this year that SMKC will be touring Australia in early 2023. Is that still on the cards?

18 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Slash said in interviews with Aussie radio earlier this year that SMKC will be touring Australia in early 2023. Is that still on the cards?

I don't think so. It seems plans have changed for SMKC. Slash said the same about Europe back in January/February (that SMKC would be touring there in early 2023), but Alter Bridge will be touring in the U.S. at that time.

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Axl said that the reworked Oh My God wasn't taken seriously:

Axl: There’s a remix w/lots of new vocals and a wilder guitar intro but it’s not taken all that seriously. [Chinesedemocracy.com, Dec. 14, 2008]

I'd like to think that the statements still stands.

I don't think the remix he was referring to is the one that leaked years ago with Bumblefoot on it. Because that track has a similar intro, and no new vocals that I know of compared to the 1999 single.

"OMG2" was listed as a possible contender for CD2, this was in 2008. I believe OMG2 to be the remix, and not the reworked version that leaked. 

Who knows though.

Edited by Sweersa

7 hours ago, Sosso said:

He sounded like that after every SMKC album 

Really? I haven't noticed that. I remember that after the GN'R reunion Myles was uncertain just about when SMKC would record another album (because it depended on GN'R's tour plans), but never about if.

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Really? I haven't noticed that. I remember that after the GN'R reunion Myles was uncertain just about when SMKC would record another album (because it depended on GN'R's tour plans), but never about if.

Hopefully Myles stays busy with Alter Bridge. I like him on a few songs, but am so relieved he didn't front Velvet Revolver. His Ides Of March is a good song. I wonder if Axl sold it to him. :P

• Like 2

So 1 of 2 things is happening right now. 

Either there's actual concrete real plans for releases and a new album entirely. Or. Axl is absolutely livid at Slash for opening his mouth. Cuz this news story is literally everywhere in all my feeds and local radio. Haha

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Am I the only one excited about this? I never thought we would get any more than a few more stand-alone songs over the next months or even years, and now Slash has explicitly said this is happening, maybe we even get something before Christmas. It is happening :)

Slash is generally reliable, as much of what he has claimed has come to fruition. However, his timing has been off. I think the claims (made by Sp1at and others) that the new material has actually been done and handed over to the label for distribution are true, because 1) we now know GNR Records exists and that songs are given to UMG Recordings under exclusive license, and 2) Slash really sounds unsure about when new material is coming, and 10 months ago he mentioned there was stuff coming 'as we speak'. Now its in a few months... maybe.

My bet is on the label wanting the UYI stuff to do well over holidays/Christmas, and then they will likely focus on new material in the new year.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I don't know, Myles sounded uncertain just recently about them making another album.

I think he said something similar a few months before 4 too, I think it was a "there's no concrete plans that I know of right now" vibe. Could be wrong but I 100% anticipate the recording of the next SMKC early next year

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think so. It seems plans have changed for SMKC. Slash said the same about Europe back in January/February (that SMKC would be touring there in early 2023), but Alter Bridge will be touring in the U.S. at that time.

maybe he will hire a new singer :P

Edited by Italian girl
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Slash is generally reliable, as much of what he has claimed has come to fruition. However, his timing has been off. I think the claims (made by Sp1at and others) that the new material has actually been done and handed over to the label for distribution are true, because 1) we now know GNR Records exists and that songs are given to UMG Recordings under exclusive license, and 2) Slash really sounds unsure about when new material is coming, and 10 months ago he mentioned there was stuff coming 'as we speak'. Now its in a few months... maybe.

My bet is on the label wanting the UYI stuff to do well over holidays/Christmas, and then they will likely focus on new material in the new year.

Slash's timing has been off about SMKC, too, this time. So it seems "plans changed" for both camps, even though they may not be related to each other.

6 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I think he said something similar a few months before 4 too, I think it was a "there's no concrete plans that I know of right now" vibe. Could be wrong but I 100% anticipate the recording of the next SMKC early next year

I'll have to look for that exact Myles quote, but I think it was more along the lines of not knowing when a new record would come out, not of whether SMKC would continue in general.

• Like 1

But this forum had me convinced that Use Your Illusion III was going to accompany the boxset next month. What the fuck?

But seriously, we'll get 2 "new" songs in the next year, they'll tour, and then the recording of a new album will never happen. Ever. I know people want to be excited about this, and I really want it to happen, but it's not going to happen. Slash saying, "Hey, well, I want to record a new GNR record" carries the same amount of weight as people on this forum saying they want them to record a new album.

If a brand new GNR album comes out in 2035, I'll gladly admit I was wrong. Until then, I'm pretty convinced that the leftovers are all we're going to hear from this lineup. Still going to be fun to hear those tunes, no doubt about that. But I'm not expecting one brand new note of GNR music.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

That's highly plausible. I am not at all surprised any timings have been off, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if things continue to take longer than even his vague suggestions. 

5 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

But this forum had me convinced that Use Your Illusion III was going to accompany the boxset next month. What the fuck?

But seriously, we'll get 2 "new" songs in the next year, they'll tour, and then the recording of a new album will never happen. Ever. I know people want to be excited about this, and I really want it to happen, but it's not going to happen. Slash saying, "Hey, well, I want to record a new GNR record" carries the same amount of weight as people on this forum saying they want them to record a new album.

If a brand new GNR album comes out in 2035, I'll gladly admit I was wrong. Until then, I'm pretty convinced that the leftovers are all we're going to hear from this lineup. Still going to be fun to hear those tunes, no doubt about that. But I'm not expecting one brand new note of GNR music.

The leftovers are enough for me to be excited. I have NEVER thought this lineup would EVER work on and release a brand new song, anyway. Give me the leftovers and I will be happy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I don't think the remix he was referring to is the one that leaked years ago with Bumblefoot on it. Because that track has a similar intro, and no new vocals that I know of compared to the 1999 single.

"OMG2" was listed as a possible contender for CD2, this was in 2008. I believe OMG2 to be the remix, and not the reworked version that leaked. 

Who knows though.

I think that was just a scratch track that Bumble contributed his ideas too. It may have changed after receiving BBFs additions.

1 minute ago, Axl S said:

I think that was just a scratch track that Bumble contributed his ideas too. It may have changed after receiving BBFs additions.

That was my initial assessment, some have proposed it was sent to him to learn parts for a live performance of the track.

The beauty with that mix is the Buckethead parts during the chorus. I hope to Jesus they keep that in the released version. 

I can almost see this as being Slash’s passive aggressive way of sending a message to Axl that he’s tired of the same old same old. The reunion was met with pretty much a media blackout in 2016, as the band feels that much of the animosity between Axl and Slash was brought on by the press (this, of course, is nonsense, but it’s what people do when they want to reconcile without actually owning up to their respective faults - blame a third party, especially something as nebulous as ‘the media.’)

Now Slash is saying he wants to make a new Guns record, which I’m sure Axl is just thrilled to hear.

• Like 2

2-4 "new" songs before the end of this year and/or the beginning of 2023 is nice, but I know we will only be satisfied with a full album, at this point, we should of had 2 or 3 since the release of the 2008 album.

I expect the next singles to be mixed similar to the 2021 releases. So while it is exciting, it wouldn't excite me as much as the second part of Chinese, as Axl said in 2014. 

I’m also starting to wonder if Slash occasionally says stuff like this publicly as a way of applying pressure on Axl and management to get their shit together regarding new music. It’s clear from Meegan’s instagram teases they know we’re clamoring for it. Again, it just puts a damper on my general excitement. 

• Like 1

"So that's basically it. We have one more tour left to do next summer, and then that'll free us up to be able to go in and work on a new record."

Which leads to the following, next summer is 8 months ahead, the entire summer (3 to 4 mounths).

So, they will START the process maybe in OCTOBER 2023, which won’t take less than an entire year with AXL’s perfectionism, meanwhile, more vague promises of some old Chinese Democracy songs being released, the only songs that they have, so SEBASTIAN BACH was lying about 4 albuns worth of material.

And the songs are:

• Atlas
  • Perhaps
  • The General (nobody never heard it in completion so maybe it is just an instrumental and that doesn't count)
  • Oklahoma (it is just an instrumental and that doesn't count)
  • Eye on Eye (I rather listen to My World on repeat for a decade so that doesn't count)

All instrumentals don't count because Hardskool and ABURD were made with old vocal, Axl wil not record anything over the instrumentals,

So we have only two new/old songs to look for.

IF this time, after 20 years lying and teasing, this band is telling the truth a new album will come by NOVEMBER 25, no sooner than that! (delays, promo negotiation, slash touring, axl wanting to scrap everything).

If not, the LIVE LIKE A SUICIDE Anniversary/boxset will ge in the way.

THIS BAND IS A FUCKING JOKE!!!!!! I HATE GNR AT THIS POINT!

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1