The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

No. You’re saying Slash has no say in the business of GNR. I disagree with you. 

No. Slash and Duff are indeed equal business partners with Axl with regards to GNR as a business entity.

But I do not think Slash has any say in the creative decisions of the band.

So for example, if Axl wants to sell Guns N’ Roses branded anything, he needs Slash’s sign off.

But if this band records anything, it’s on Axl’s say so.

Just now, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

No. Slash and Duff are indeed equal business partners with Axl with regards to GNR as a business entity.

But I do not think Slash has any say in the creative decisions of the band.

So for example, if Axl wants to sell Guns N’ Roses branded anything, he needs Slash’s sign off.

But if this band records anything, it’s on Axl’s say so.

I personally think that Axl wants to record all new material. I mean shit, he’s willing to sound terrible on Hard Skool live lol. 

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Is curious all of you saying that Slash has not decision making in GNR, because un my opinion he Is calling the shots in GNR...without him GNR Is doomed..and Axl, Slash and the awful Lebeis know this.

If Slash walks away....Is over

There is absolutely zero chance Slash is calling the shots in GNR. 

As shown by the lack of new material or progress from a man who has spent the most part of his life releasing new material and progressing. 

2 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

I personally think that Axl wants to record all new material. I mean shit, he’s willing to sound terrible on Hard Skool live lol. 

I think Hard Skool is a great example of the "no new vocals" theory. I just don't see why else he'd debut a new song that he just can't sing live.

That's also why I think Atlas Shrugged is definitely next. It's mostly chest voice. Some of the chorus might give him trouble, as it comes close to the middle range threshold he struggles with, but I think he'll be able to Mickey his way through that part just fine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

Wonder if by history he just means unleaked song. Not necessarily unknown but unheard to it’s fullest extent

Sounds to me like he meant that it was one of those songs he remembers working on during those doomed Paul Huge sessions in 96. In comparison songs like The General are long after Slash left.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Draguns said:

I'm not surprise by this. I figured that out from the moment I heard the demo. The structure was too much of a classic GNR sound. This is what I have been saying since the demo was leaked.

I know many of us thought it - that’s the first real ‘official’ confirmation of it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

If we really are only going to get four more songs from the CD era, i will forever wonder why the fuck they released Absurd instead of any of the other shit they may have in the vault.

I don't mean to sound cynical, but there is a chance that song was only released because there are just not that many songs with vocals. It's literally bottom of the barrel and we know from 2002 it was at least considered for CD - and it sucked then. There isn't a lot of evidence there are more songs with Axl on them. We were told CITR and Riad wouldn't be on CD, but they made it on there probably in part because there wasn't a lot to choose from. I'm guessing the leftover songs from the Village sessions are it outside of a few random songs. He said he recorded Soul Monster's vocals on Xmas eve before CD came out. He also said the band hadn't recorded for sometime around 2001 or 02. 

They may have wanted to save Atlas, Perhaps and the more flushed out songs for an actual EP or release. The perfectionist talk from Axl was more so probably having Buckethead do the same solo 20 times or Brain recreating someone else's drums to a tee, less about his own contributions. Maybe there are a few more songs. We know he recorded more vocals for the CD remixes and there is a poor cellphone quality recording of the General that I think has vocals on it. So we know there is at least some more outside of the Village, but it can't be that much more.. else they'd have released something or something would have leaked.

That's my two cents at least. Absurd was released because of the four or five songs left, it made more sense to get the turd out of the way first. 

11 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

Wonder if by history he just means unleaked song. Not necessarily unknown but unheard to it’s fullest extent

Yeah I’m thinking similarly, I’m not sure his comments are confirmation that it was being worked on before he left the band in ‘96.

4 minutes ago, bumbleslash69 said:

I don't mean to sound cynical, but there is a chance that song was only released because there are just not that many songs with vocals. It's literally bottom of the barrel and we know from 2002 it was at least considered for CD - and it sucked then. There isn't a lot of evidence there are more songs with Axl on them. We were told CITR and Riad wouldn't be on CD, but they made it on there probably in part because there wasn't a lot to choose from. I'm guessing the leftover songs from the Village sessions are it outside of a few random songs. He said he recorded Soul Monster's vocals on Xmas eve before CD came out. He also said the band hadn't recorded for sometime around 2001 or 02. 

They may have wanted to save Atlas, Perhaps and the more flushed out songs for an actual EP or release. The perfectionist talk from Axl was more so probably having Buckethead do the same solo 20 times or Brain recreating someone else's drums to a tee, less about his own contributions. Maybe there are a few more songs. We know he recorded more vocals for the CD remixes and there is a poor cellphone quality recording of the General that I think has vocals on it. So we know there is at least some more outside of the Village, but it can't be that much more.. else they'd have released something or something would have leaked.

That's my two cents at least. Absurd was released because of the four or five songs left, it made more sense to get the turd out of the way first. 

I actually quite liked Absurd 🤣

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bumbleslash69 said:

While I think there is some credence to what you’re saying, the counter that I used is that Scraped was a complete surprise when CD actually came out. In no interview had that song title ever been mentioned, so it is possible there is other stuff that has been recorded.

18 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

Surely he would have said the same of Absurd too….it’s ‘history’ is very much the same.

15 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Sounds to me like he meant that it was one of those songs he remembers working on during those doomed Paul Huge sessions in 96. In comparison songs like The General are long after Slash left.

That’s what I think too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Surely he would have said the same of Absurd too….it’s ‘history’ is very much the same.

That’s what I think too.

Yeah I don't think Slash gives a fuck which CD2 demos leaked lol. I'm sure he hasn't even heard the 2000 village version that we have, otherwise he would have never agreed to use that newer 10x worse shit drumtrack that sucks all the energy out of the song.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Slash said in interviews with Aussie radio earlier this year that SMKC will be touring Australia in early 2023. Is that still on the cards?

I have tickets to see Alter Bridge in February at the Wellmont Theater in Montclair, NJ.

Edited by Draguns
typo
  • Like 1

Before to the CD release, has anyone heard of Scraped? Shacklers? This I Love If The World? No, Nobody's heard of it, so I have my convictions that he recorded dozens of songs, with vocals like Goin Down, Blood In The Water, a remake of Oh My God, so I believe they recorded enough material and mixed it for at least two complete albums with 12 or 14 songs each. this is a reality

• Like 1

Just now, TheSlashrose said:

Before to the CD release, has anyone heard of Scraped? Shacklers? This I Love If The World? No, Nobody's heard of it, so I have my convictions that he recorded dozens of songs, with vocals like Goin Down, Blood In The Water, a remake of Oh My God, so I believe they recorded enough material and mixed it for at least two complete albums with 12 or 14 songs each. this is a reality

I agree with your point overall, but for the sake of accuracy This I Love and If The World had been talked about previously. Shackler’s hadn’t but was the first ‘surprise’ track because of its inclusion in Rock Band 2 which was released 1-2 months before the album.

1 hour ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Now what's left? Atlas, Perhaps, SoG. Nothing? Eye On You? Maybe.

Many times that number of songs exist in completed form, and have for several years. The 2010 Vienna after party, members here were there, The General was not the only unheard song that was played there. There were others, some not included in the Village leaks.

Axl Rose himself said in 2006 they had 2.5 albums worth of material. In 2014 Axl said CD2 had been recorded for a while. There's more than just 5 songs. Just because it hasn't leaked, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Before the Village leaks, I'm sure people would believe there's nearly nothing completed. 

If CD2 were to drop, even as it existed in 2008-2014, there's songs on there no one outside of the band/label has ever heard of.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

He means the three "complete songs" that leaked:

• State of Grade
  • Atlas
  • Perhaps

Nothing more than that, nothing "new", which  was never even near to be worked with.

6 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Eh we didn't have massive leaks before Chinese Democracy like we did a few years ago. I think we have heard most of if not all of what Axl has in the vault tbh. 

People get this impression that Axl was hard at work writing and recording dozens of songs while he fucked around putting Chinese Democracy out but I really just don't think that's true.  I think the main focus was working on the Chinese Democracy songs and everything else was not ready to go and just never got to that stage.

13 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Blood in the Water is from Remix album.

The Remix album will be similar of what Marilyn Manson did with "Smell Like Children", just a bunch of Chi Dem songs re worked, butchered, remixed and altered, it would be CDs "My World"

8 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

I agree with your point overall, but for the sake of accuracy This I Love and If The World had been talked about previously. Shackler’s hadn’t but was the first ‘surprise’ track because of its inclusion in Rock Band 2 which was released 1-2 months before the album.

Agreed, there's no way 4/5 songs is the sum of what Axl has left in the vault. 

I have no idea why he isn't just releasing an album worth of material... but whatever! If we get 6-8 songs altogether then there's a chance we get some unheard material. Slash did say some of the material had less history and didn't go back as far as HardSkool so there is some possibility of material that was written after 99/00 that wasn't on the village leaks.... can't remember if I said this already😄 It's all mush brain🧠

1 minute ago, Bitchisback said:

Eh we didn't have massive leaks before Chinese Democracy like we did a few years ago. I think we have heard most of if not all of what Axl has in the vault tbh. 

People get this impression that Axl was hard at work writing and recording dozens of songs while he fucked around putting Chinese Democracy out but I really just don't think that's true.  I think the main focus was working on the Chinese Democracy songs and everything else was not ready to go and just never got to that stage.

WHAT???

We had more than half of CHINESE before it's release

We had:

• CD
  • BETTER
  • STREET OF DREAMS
  • MADAGASCAR
  • OMG
  • SILKWORMS
  • RHIAD
  • IRS
  • CATCHER
  • CHICKEN SOUP (SHACKLER'S)

The new ones were availabe for streamings one week before via MYSPACE.

• THIS I LOVE
  • PROSTITUTE
  • TWAT
  • IF THE WORLD
  • SORRY
  • SCRAPED

1 minute ago, Legendador said:

WHAT???

We had more than half of CHINESE before it's release

We had:

• CD
  • BETTER
  • STREET OF DREAMS
  • MADAGASCAR
  • OMG
  • SILKWORMS
  • RHIAD
  • IRS
  • CATCHER
  • CHICKEN SOUP (SHACKLER'S)

The new ones were availabe for streamings one week before via MYSPACE.

• THIS I LOVE
  • PROSTITUTE
  • TWAT
  • IF THE WORLD
  • SORRY
  • SCRAPED

TWAT leaked in 2006 and ITW/Prostitute were leaked in the summer of 2008.

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

How on earth can you say "this is what he means" with such specifics, when Slash gave zero specifics other than that the other songs didn't date back as far as HardSkool

You're boring.

1 minute ago, CAFC Nick said:

TWAT leaked in 2006 and ITW/Prostitute were leaked in the summer of 2008.

So it's worse than what we think.