John Frusciante returns to RHCP

vloors

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

New tour dates announced:

9ihnll63o44a1.thumb.jpg.536f760e9b8788edea1c729abdbd6c74.jpg

I'll try to get tickets to the Vancouver show, even though the sound in that stadium is shit...

Hopefully we see more dates in that month long gap Apr/May. Maybe arena date for markets they already hit?

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

How are the RHCP concerts these days? In 2019, I watched them in Rock in Rio, for many songs, Kiedis would read lyrics, crouched down. A bit off putting to be honest.

He’s singing better than he did on the last couple tours. Also no crouching or lyric forgetting at the show I went to lol. I’d recommend it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 5:36 PM, Jakey Styley said:

He’s singing better than he did on the last couple tours. Also no crouching or lyric forgetting at the show I went to lol. I’d recommend it. 

Yeah he kinda sounded like shit when I saw them in 2017 but then he sounded great when I saw them again in 2022.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like Fake as Fuck and Drummer are staples thus far (only 2 shows to work with). Gotta say, looking at their set lists makes me appreciate GNR’s show length. While RHCP switches the setlist up quite well, they have too many “must hear” songs for me and they don’t play long enough to play them while also giving the new albums enough attention.

34 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

Seems like Fake as Fuck and Drummer are staples thus far (only 2 shows to work with). Gotta say, looking at their set lists makes me appreciate GNR’s show length. While RHCP switches the setlist up quite well, they have too many “must hear” songs for me and they don’t play long enough to play them while also giving the new albums enough attention.

Fake As Fuck was only played once, Drummer and Tippa My Tongue were played at both shows.

It's kinda crazy how often they skip Under The Bridge, Otherside and a few others, but on the other hand I'm seeing them on the ROTDC tour so I hope to hear ROTDC songs. I certainly won't be disappointed if 1/3 of their show is songs from last year. It would be nice if they played more than 1h45m, but their shows are all killer no filler, unlike GNR...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I like The Getaway a bit more than UL/RotDC. That being said, if you were to take the best bits of UL and RotDC and turn it all into one album, it’d probably be better than Getaway.

But Josh has to right to feel however he feels. Maybe those 2019 sessions with him will leak someday!

Edited by rocknroll41

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

I like The Getaway a bit more than UL/RotDC. That being said, if you were to take the best bits of UL and RotDC and turn it all into one album, it’d probably be better than Getaway.

But Josh has to right to feel however he feels. Maybe those 2019 sessions with him will leak someday!

the 2 latest Chili Peppers albums weren't as inspired as I've hoped they'll be, but they're pretty good imo. I think some of the material that was already released with Josh was more inspired. Would like to hear what they've worked on with Josh.

this will probably never happen, but I wonder what a RHCP album would sound like with both John and Josh being a part of the writing and recording process. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rovim said:

this will probably never happen, but I wonder what a RHCP album would sound like with both John and Josh being a part of the writing and recording process. 

Definitely this!

I've never seen Josh with the Chili's (neither with John nor without John), but I saw him play with Pearl Jam last year and the guy was just a force unleashed. Seeing them really work together as equals would be awesome! But their relationship seems distant and rocky at the moment. 

As for what Josh said in that interview - he might be right. But at the same time, for me, it's not entirely the Chili's without John either. He belongs with them. 

UL and DC are both really nice albums, but they're not the absolute smashes that Californication and By The Way were for me. They stand out less and they're both more slow burns for me. I do really enjoy them though. 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, username said:

Definitely this!

I've never seen Josh with the Chili's (neither with John nor without John), but I saw him play with Pearl Jam last year and the guy was just a force unleashed. Seeing them really work together as equals would be awesome! But their relationship seems distant and rocky at the moment. 

As for what Josh said in that interview - he might be right. But at the same time, for me, it's not entirely the Chili's without John either. He belongs with them. 

UL and DC are both really nice albums, but they're not the absolute smashes that Californication and By The Way were for me. They don't stand out less and they're both more slow burns for me. I do really enjoy them though. 

Yeah Josh kinda started off on the wrong foot with I’m With You. The songwriting was not as strong, and he still hadn’t really found himself as a guitarist. But that all changed for the better by the time they got to The Getaway. The songwriting got better, as did his guitar skills. Now he’s been kicking ass with Eddie Vedder/ Pearl Jam and, more recently, Jane’s Addiction.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...