John Frusciante returns to RHCP

vloors

On 5/17/2022 at 10:58 AM, axl666 said:

Are they playing anything from one hot minute or the getaway on the current tour?

They’ve only done a few warm-up shows so far and as of right now it’s all Frusciante material. They actually haven’t even resurrected Scar Tissue yet.

EDIT: nevermind, theyve finally started playing scar tissue regularly again now.

Edited by rocknroll41

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My favorite band with my favorite guitarist back releasing two albums in one year?! Sign me up!!

Honestly, I know this is gonna sound corny, but yesterday was one of the worst days of my life, so I needed an announcement like this to help bring my energy back!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 12:34 AM, Cosmo said:

Artwork is really cool, reminds me of early days RHCP album covers. Hope this one is better than UL, though. 

John was saying that when he rejoined in late 2019 the first thing they did was re-learn the first three RHCP records, so I wonder if this new record will sound more like those, while UL was meant to be the “safe” one since it was their first record in so long (particularly with John).

i actually liked UL, but wouldn’t mind something more “experimental” this time.

Apparently this is the alternate cover for the special edition CD, with a bonus track.

418467024541:1000.jpg

https://criminalatl.com/UPC/093624873846

The other cover is better, but they both got me curious to hear this album.

The tracklist:

8jl05hybhpd91.jpg

It's probably legit. Afterlife - Bag Of Grins can be seen as Side C on one of the vinyl mockups they posted earlier. Looking forward to hearing Peace & Love, since Anthony mentioned it as one of his favorites when UL was released.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Apparently this is the alternate cover for the special edition CD, with a bonus track.

418467024541:1000.jpg

https://criminalatl.com/UPC/093624873846

The other cover is better, but they both got me curious to hear this album.

The tracklist:

8jl05hybhpd91.jpg

It's probably legit. Afterlife - Bag Of Grins can be seen as Side C on one of the vinyl mockups they posted earlier. Looking forward to hearing Peace & Love, since Anthony mentioned it as one of his favorites when UL was released.

There’s only one bonus track actually and it’s just a live cut (but they haven’t said which song or show yet).

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

There’s only one bonus track actually and it’s just a live cut (but they haven’t said which song or show yet).

I thought that was a different edition?

There's the "tour edition" that has a live song, I assumed this one would have an actual bonus track like Nerve Flip.

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Oh maybe I’m mixing things up then.

On their website the tour edition has the normal cover and says "live bonus track" so I'm guessing they're different.

DreamCanteen_TourCD-Mockup_1100x.png?v=1

https://music.redhotchilipeppers.com/products/return-of-the-dream-canteen-cd-tour-edition?pr_prod_strat=collection_fallback&pr_rec_id=fce510180&pr_rec_pid=7302483345598&pr_ref_pid=7302481051838&pr_seq=uniform

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 1:53 PM, EvanG said:

From a recent interview. Kinda sad...

Josh is absolutely killing it on Pearl Jam's European tour atm. And he's on the US tour as well. He sang Purple Rain with them last Monday in Amsterdam on the closing show of the EU leg and it was fucking amazing. Getting some high praise from PJ's Stone Gossard as well:

https://screeningfix.com/stone-gossard-asserts-that-pearl-jam-sound-better-than-ever-with-josh-klinghoffer-in-the-band

More zoom: 

Edited by username
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, username said:

Josh is absolutely killing it on Pearl Jam's European tour atm. And he's on the US tour as well. He sang Purple Rain with them last Monday in Amsterdam on the closing show of the EU leg and it was fucking amazing. Getting some high praise from PJ's Stone Gossard as well:

https://screeningfix.com/stone-gossard-asserts-that-pearl-jam-sound-better-than-ever-with-josh-klinghoffer-in-the-band

More zoom: 

Josh is brilliant. I love Josh. Pearl Jam is lucky to have him and his solo album is also great.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, username said:

More zoom: 

I watched that clip yesterday. I always liked Josh's voice and I love how the audience reacted when he started singing and later on when he goes crazy in the song.

I'm not the biggest fan of Josh's solo efforts, but this song is great and really speaks to me,

• Like 1

I was thinking about Josh joining Pearl Jam and working on Eddie's solo record, and apparently Eddie was one of the first people to reach out to him and to ask how he was doing after he got fired from the Chili Peppers, and I think it's really cool that they're looking out for him and asked him to join the band on tour.

• Like 3

Real tracklist for Dream Canteen confirmed now:

1. "Tippa My Tongue" 3:30
2. "Peace and Love" 3:32
3. "Reach Out" 4:08
4. "Eddie" 5:48
5. "Fake as Fuck" 5:17
6. "Bella" 3:38
7. "Roulette" 4:17
8. "My Cigarette" 4:26
9. "Afterlife" 4:13
10. "Shoot Me a Smile" 3:43
11. "Handful" 4:01
12. "The Drummer" 3:24
13. "Bag of Grins" 5:05
14. "La La La La La La La La" 0:31
15. "Copperbelly" 4:37
16. "Carry Me Home" 5:03
17. "In the Snow" 6:18
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Although everyone probably expected this, I'm still somewhat disappointed that they're completely ignoring I'm With You and The Getaway.
Dark Necessities did better than Black Summer, so it's not like there isn't any love for those songs out there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EvanG said:

Although everyone probably expected this, I'm still somewhat disappointed that they're completely ignoring I'm With You and The Getaway.
Dark Necessities did better than Black Summer, so it's not like there isn't any love for those songs out there.

It was very expected for me, JF has never played material from anyone who has replaced him. He is just never gonna do that. Me I think it's a bit silly of him, but I'm not the one in charge so it is never gonna happen'.

• Like 1