COVID-19 Outbreak

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

How long after? because it can take a few weeks *after* the shot to build immunity and it is still not 100% given that you are not going to get it.... what IS proven is that if you get COVID, you will not die or even get as sick.

That for me is a BIG ASS WIN right there!!! 

this, our President get COVID too after he was vaccinated, but it was very light , and today he already is out after two weeks of isolation.

• Like 1
  • Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the fuck do they know? If I'm looking for advice from a rock band on how viruses are transmitted I will ask Queen thank you very much.

The mother of my aunt just died from covid19 in the Netherlands. No funeral and she can't go there. This situation is so fucked up.

Posted Images

Everyone is going to catch covid.

It’s an inevitability.

The vaccines don’t prevent you from catching the virus, they are intended to help build your own immune system so you can fight it off yourself without getting really sick and needing medical attention. 

• Like 2

Then I understand why a lot of young people don't want to get vaccinated. Because if this is true and you are going to catch it anyway after vaccination, then why bother?

Pfizer is saying people who got the two vaccines will need a third one about 6 months after the second shot. I'm not surprised by this since these new variants are more contagious than the original strain of the covid virus.

I just hope there is enough for everyone to get vaccinated and then get a third one too. I'm all for it.

That stupid congressman who was fucking with Dr. Fauci wanting a time line as to when this virus would end was showing what a real dick he is. How can anyone figure out when this pandemic will end when it keeps changing and states keep opening up and people are not following the rules to stay safe? Who voted for that moron? All I can say is "God help us all"

54 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Then I understand why a lot of young people don't want to get vaccinated. Because if this is true and you are going to catch it anyway after vaccination, then why bother?

Well, most young people from birth have gotten all the vaccines for all the diseases like mumps and measles and the flu, so why should this vaccine be different. Most young people now get the HPV shots too to stay safe. So this is like any other shot. Get it and be safe and keep the people around you safe.

No one no matter what age is safe against any diseases out there. HIV and AIDS is still here. There are better meds, but no cure. All people need to use common sense and realize these vaccines will help not hurt you. Otherwise, this virus like others won't ever go away.

21 hours ago, downzy said:

Everyone is going to catch covid.

It’s an inevitability.

The vaccines don’t prevent you from catching the virus, they are intended to help build your own immune system so you can fight it off yourself without getting really sick and needing medical attention. 

As long as there are people who don't do what they are told to prevent the virus from spreading or killing anyone, yeah, it'll be here for a long time to come. I expect other viruses to be coming soon too. Too many things out there that we have no idea abaout and as long as we keep fucking with our planet, they will keep coming. It is inevitable.

Sunday night on NBC some famous people will be telling you to get the vaccine and showing how they've all gotten it.

How amazing is this? lol

I will take Joe Jonas's advice more than I would my doctor because he is Joe Jonas. I commend them for trying to get people to get vaccinated but not sure if this will work on some people. but good for them.

17 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, most young people from birth have gotten all the vaccines for all the diseases like mumps and measles and the flu, so why should this vaccine be different. Most young people now get the HPV shots too to stay safe. So this is like any other shot. Get it and be safe and keep the people around you safe.

No one no matter what age is safe against any diseases out there. HIV and AIDS is still here. There are better meds, but no cure. All people need to use common sense and realize these vaccines will help not hurt you. Otherwise, this virus like others won't ever go away.

Because it's a new vaccine and no one can be quite sure what the side effects will be. I understand it's very important for the risk groups to be vaccinated as soon as possible. But once they are vaccinated and the young and healthy people are next in line, I am starting to understand better now why some are thinking twice about getting it at this point if they will catch it anyway regardless of being vaccinated or not. Because with or without the vaccination most of them will probably not get very sick from it anyway.

I'm not saying I'm against it by the way, I will be getting mine as soon as possible.

Edited by EvanG

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

Because the vaccine will provide immunity to either ward off the virus or help your body to fight it off.  In other words, it will keep you out of the hospital. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, EvanG said:

You should bother because if you get it after vaccination the symptoms will be much weaker and you will be less likely to pass it on to others. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

You should bother because if you get it after vaccination the symptoms will be much weaker and you will be less likely to pass it on to others. 

5 minutes ago, downzy said:
Because the vaccine will provide immunity to either ward off the virus or help your body to fight it off.  In other words, it will keep you out of the hospital. 

That is why it's important everyone in the risk group will be vaccinated because it can save lives. But most young people won't get (very) sick from it anyway and I think we all know that by now. Anyway, I'm playing devil's advocate here because I am getting it myself as soon as I can. Just saying I understand better now why some people are more hesitant.

Yes to the points all outlines above ^ AND by getting the vaccine, you are also helping not overload those poor healthcare workers in the hospital who sadly are getting over run and burnt out in certain states and countries. Still. Let's do our part to help them out.

and actually younger people nowadays with the new strain are getting hospitalized. Fact.

2 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yes to the points all outlines above ^ AND by getting the vaccine, you are also helping not overload those poor healthcare workers in the hospital who sadly are getting over run and burnt out in certain states and countries. Still. Let's do our part to help them out.

and actually younger people nowadays with the new strain are getting hospitalized. Fact.

Yeah, that's why I said when all the risk groups are already vaccinated. I guess it works different where you live, but here I will be one of the last groups to get the vaccination because I don't belong to any risk group.

But the majority have medical issues or are overweight.

Just now, EvanG said:

Yeah, that's why I said when all the risk groups are already vaccinated. I guess it works different where you live, but here I will be one of the last groups to get the vaccination because I don't belong to any risk group.

Here in my state, we did not do it by risk groups, first it was health care workers, then the elderly and like 2 months later *anyone* aged 16 and older. and I do mean anyone, it was open and free to all. But now we have tons of vaccines and the Trumpers are refusing to get it. So we are never gonna get out of this if they don't get that shot.  So that at least is where my state is at here in the US....

2 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Here in my state, we did not do it by risk groups, first it was health care workers, then the elderly and like 2 months later *anyone* aged 16 and older. and I do mean anyone, it was open and free to all. But now we have tons of vaccines and the Trumpers are refusing to get it. So we are never gonna get out of this if they don't get that shot.  So that at least is where my state is at here in the US....

My parents are in their early 70's and they have only just gotten their first shot last week. I have no idea when I am next. Probably by summer, but there so many delays every time because of complications, it might even be later.

• Sad 1
20 minutes ago, EvanG said:

That is why it's important everyone in the risk group will be vaccinated because it can save lives. But most young people won't get (very) sick from it anyway and I think we all know that by now. Anyway, I'm playing devil's advocate here because I am getting it myself as soon as I can. Just saying I understand better now why some people are more hesitant.

I don’t know many people who got covid but the few I know, all of them had just flu-like symptoms and weren't very ill. I know there are people with severe course of the desease but I'm glad I don't know anyone. 

That fact doesn't help to take it very seriously, but I stick to the rules out of respect to other people. Not so much for my own safety. 

Than again, I don't want to be the one spreading desease that other people suffer from.

Pfizer CEO made it known that it's likely people will need a third shot within a year or taking their first or second shot.  

It's now speculated that we'll likely need yearly shots if not enough people are vaccinated and immune from the current strains.  If so, it would be great if they could just make one yearly vaccine shot that includes the flu and Covid.  

3 hours ago, downzy said:

If so, it would be great if they could just make one yearly vaccine shot that includes the flu and Covid.  

Moderna is going to try and do that ^ which is awesome cause that's the one I got. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, EvanG said:

That's true, but some aren't and we can't really tell if we will be hard hit by the virus until we get it. 

There's also reports of long-term effects in young people. Here in Norway it is reported that 30% of young people who've had it suffers some kind of long-term effects, with damages to the lungs being one of them. Fuck that.

And lastly, as also @Free Birdpointed out, why help spread the shit? There's been 3 million deaths now globally. I don't want to be a link in the chain that keeps spreading this death to people.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I don’t know many people who got covid but the few I know, all of them had just flu-like symptoms and weren't very ill. I know there are people with severe course of the desease but I'm glad I don't know anyone. 

That fact doesn't help to take it very seriously, but I stick to the rules out of respect to other people. Not so much for my own safety. 

Than again, I don't want to be the one spreading desease that other people suffer from.

I have several family members who've had it. Most of them are in their 70's and 80's and hardly had any symptoms. But I know that a lot of other people are getting very sick from it, especially in that age group. And this week I found out my aunt and uncle caught it, but they've had their shots and are fortunately also hardly experiencing any symptoms, at least so far. I agree with what you say, I haven't been anywhere and have been living like a monk this last year, and that's really not for my own safety either but I wouldn't want someone else to get very sick because I've been careless.

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

That's true, but some aren't and we can't really tell if we will be hard hit by the virus until we get it. 

There's also reports of long-term effects in young people. Here in Norway it is reported that 30% of young people who've had it suffers some kind of long-term effects, with damages to the lungs being one of them. Fuck that.

And lastly, as also @Free Birdpointed out, why help spread the shit? There's been 3 million deaths now globally. I don't want to be a link in the chain that keeps spreading this death to people.

What I was saying is that some people are afraid of any possible side effects of these vaccines. Personally I am not one of them and I'm getting the vaccination either way, but a lot of people are at this point and that's fair. So if it's true and people will catch covid regardless of being vaccinated or not, then I am able to understand why some of those who are worried and who most likely won't get sick from it anyway, don't want to take that risk at this point. The only reason why a lot of, especially young people, are getting vaccinated is to protect the vulnerable, that is also why we have been social distancing and have been in lockdown for almost a year, to protect those who are vulnerable and rightfully so. But once the vulnerable are vaccinated and hopefully protected, then I understand why those who are worried about possible side effects are hesitant.

Edited by EvanG

Right now Dallas Texas has more vaccines than people to give them to.

I guess it's good news, but since the covid virus is still surging in many states, it's not good enough.

9 hours ago, EvanG said:

I have several family members who've had it. Most of them are in their 70's and 80's and hardly had any symptoms. But I know that a lot of other people are getting very sick from it, especially in that age group. And this week I found out my aunt and uncle caught it, but they've had their shots and are fortunately also hardly experiencing any symptoms, at least so far. I agree with what you say, I haven't been anywhere and have been living like a monk this last year, and that's really not for my own safety either but I wouldn't want someone else to get very sick because I've been careless.

What I was saying is that some people are afraid of any possible side effects of these vaccines. Personally I am not one of them and I'm getting the vaccination either way, but a lot of people are at this point and that's fair. So if it's true and people will catch covid regardless of being vaccinated or not, then I am able to understand why some of those who are worried and who most likely won't get sick from it anyway, don't want to take that risk at this point. The only reason why a lot of, especially young people, are getting vaccinated is to protect the vulnerable, that is also why we have been social distancing and have been in lockdown for almost a year, to protect those who are vulnerable and rightfully so. But once the vulnerable are vaccinated and hopefully protected, then I understand why those who are worried about possible side effects are hesitant.

Most people I've know that have gotten both shots had no side effects at all.

I think either way it's worth getting the covid vaccine than getting the virus.

There can be side effects to all vaccines, but I still get them when I need them. I feel better having the vaccinations to any or all viruses that are out there.

19 hours ago, downzy said:

Pfizer CEO made it known that it's likely people will need a third shot within a year or taking their first or second shot.  

It's now speculated that we'll likely need yearly shots if not enough people are vaccinated and immune from the current strains.  If so, it would be great if they could just make one yearly vaccine shot that includes the flu and Covid.  

Getting a yearly shot for covid makes sense just like you get for the flu and pneumonia too.

I think it's great that there are so many vaccines out there for so many different illnesses. 

I got all my vaccines as a child and I will continue to do so for my daughter including the HPV shots. the side effects are better than getting certain illnesses.

23 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You are so right! 

And not to mention to protect your friends and family too.

23 hours ago, EvanG said:

Because it's a new vaccine and no one can be quite sure what the side effects will be. I understand it's very important for the risk groups to be vaccinated as soon as possible. But once they are vaccinated and the young and healthy people are next in line, I am starting to understand better now why some are thinking twice about getting it at this point if they will catch it anyway regardless of being vaccinated or not. Because with or without the vaccination most of them will probably not get very sick from it anyway.

I'm not saying I'm against it by the way, I will be getting mine as soon as possible.

I know it's a new vaccine, but we should be glad there is one. Sometimes vaccines take years to make and approve. I think this is the one thing Trump did right by making this vaccine warp speed.

Life is taking chances and since this virus doesn't seem to be slowing down, we need to get this vaccine and try not to worry about any side effects. Every vaccine has side effects, but since getting this virus is far worse it's worth the risk.

Our stay-at-home lockdown has now been extended for at least another two weeks (it was originally intended to end May 6th).

We're getting walloped by the virus and incompetent leadership.  

Very depressing.

5 hours ago, downzy said:

Our stay-at-home lockdown has now been extended for at least another two weeks (it was originally intended to end May 6th).

We're getting walloped by the virus and incompetent leadership.  

Very depressing.

That sucks man. :( Thankfully things seem to be going in the right direction over here still but I'm not taking anything for granted just yet. Going for an induction at a new gym today which is going to be a blessed attempt at normality. 

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Going for an induction at a new gym today which is going to be a blessed attempt at normality. 

Normality? You at the gym is normal? Get the fuck out of here!

• Haha 2