COVID-19 Outbreak

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Normality? You at the gym is normal? Get the fuck out of here!

Did I say gym? I meant hot tub. :lol: 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the fuck do they know? If I'm looking for advice from a rock band on how viruses are transmitted I will ask Queen thank you very much.

The mother of my aunt just died from covid19 in the Netherlands. No funeral and she can't go there. This situation is so fucked up.

Posted Images

14 hours ago, downzy said:

Our stay-at-home lockdown has now been extended for at least another two weeks (it was originally intended to end May 6th).

We're getting walloped by the virus and incompetent leadership.  

Very depressing.

here same, everyday is worst.

the world hit the 3 million mark yesterday of people who have died from covid. If there are still people out there who don't believe this virus is super deadly, then they have to be super stupid.

I still can't believe how many people are sick and have died. So many families and friends effected by this virus. It's just too sad to think about it.

Stay well and get vaccinated when you can.

18 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Super deadly or super contagious? I am aware it kills people, just a relatively low percentage.

It's relatively deadly.  Depends on what you compare it to.  Cold or flu - way deadlier.  Ebola, not so much. 

A CFR rate of 1 percent still kills tens of millions of people around the world. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Good news for people in my province.  They're opening registration for the AstraZeneca shot for people 40+ starting tomorrow.  Might end up getting vaccinated far sooner than I had expected.  

Even with vaccines, numbers are still going up.

Now the virus is attacking younger people and more children. This worries me so much.

I think since a lot of states opened up again, many people are forgetting that the virus is alive and well and infecting and killing people. We still have to do the things we did last year because the variants are worse than the original virus strain.

11 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I hate to be that guy, but is it possible that this virus was introduced by extraterrestrials to weaken earth's population before an invasion? 

Nah, we've got Americans for that. :lol: 

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Nah, we've got Americans for that. :lol: 

The US will definitely be their greatest threat. Though if they can travel to earth, then even the US military will be no match for their first wave. 

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Even with vaccines, numbers are still going up.

Now the virus is attacking younger people and more children. This worries me so much.

I think since a lot of states opened up again, many people are forgetting that the virus is alive and well and infecting and killing people. We still have to do the things we did last year because the variants are worse than the original virus strain.

Here too.

My doctor's office finally got the moderna vaccine. I hope to get the first one sometime next week. It's about time. 

India is in a real mess. Over 300,000 with the covid virus. That country seems to always get the worst of something. I don't know how those people go on? Must be of strong character. Such a shame.

19 hours ago, RussTCB said:

My wife and I are going for our second Moderna shots tomorrow. Hooray! 

Awesome! 

On 4/21/2021 at 12:19 PM, Gavin82 said:

India confirms 295k cases in 24hr 

India's population is roughly three times that of the US with about a third of the land area. They're virtually stacked on top of each other, a perfect recipe for a contagion. 

11 hours ago, lame ass security said:

India's population is roughly three times that of the US with about a third of the land area. They're virtually stacked on top of each other, a perfect recipe for a contagion. 

Gotta say that when all this shit kicked off I always expected India to be amongst the very worst hit given the extreme poverty in much of the country coupled with such a large and concentrated population. When they seemed to be doing very well in the early stages I was very surprised.

• Like 1

We might see the light at the end of the tunnel in our countries, but this thing is far from over. Here's the global daily new cases:

uten_110.png

And look at the graph for India (!):

uten_111.png

Edited by SoulMonster
1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

We might see the light at the end of the tunnel in our countries, but this thing is far from over. Here's the global daily new cases:

uten_110.png

uten_111.png

Problem as I see it is that we can probably expect some pretty nasty variants to come out of India and some of the other developing countries. If that gets around the vaccines then we're all fucked. :( 

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Problem as I see it is that we can probably expect some pretty nasty variants to come out of India and some of the other developing countries. If that gets around the vaccines then we're all fucked. :( 

Maybe, maybe not. I mean, with hundreds of thousands of people constantly having the virus there is bound to be numerous new mutants originating all the time, but we don't know yet how easily mutations that allow the mutant to circumvent immunization occurs. Maybe that is a big evolutionary step that takes very long and will only happen every decade or so, or maybe it happens quickly so we will constantly battle new variants? The answer to this will dictate how frequently we need to develop new vaccines (every year as for flu or every generation?) and how often we need to be vaccinated with new vaccines. I probably lean towards believing it will be more like the flu with new vaccines being produced annually, than anything else, especially considering there are so many viruses around which means that the number of mutations are also very high, allowing evolution to happen more speedily. The solution to this is spend extra resources into vaccinating as many as possible now, thus reducing the number of viruses still around and the number of new mutants that occurs per year. 

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

uten_110.png

uten_111.png

Far from over, but a lot of people stupidly think that it is. Supply of the vaccine will surpass demand soon in the US. We have to find a way to get the people who are reluctant to get vaccinated. Some people just don't give a fuck.