One song to rule them all...

2 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I love it. The whistling at the start that creates the buildup and the whole band start with the bongos and electric guitar.

It’s a classic to me. If the lyrics were a bit different that would have been a hit radio song. I like the piano part at the end. Nice touch. 

Edited by The Holographic Universe

7 hours ago, Team RamRod said:

November Rain.  Not my personal favourite but it actually does rule them all, everything.  It is the new Stairway.

I think I have to agree with you on this.  November rain is similar to Stariway in the sense that it's been so over played that it doesn't get much love anymore.  I don't know any die hard Zeppelin fans that would name Stairway as their favorite Zeppelin song or even say it's Zeppelin's best.  It's hard when a song is over played for 45+ years.  But November Rain probably is GNR's Stairway To Heaven.  I could also see a case being made for SCOM.

10 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Is there a recorded studio version with him?

Yes, one leaked around the same time a lot of the crazy remixes did. 

The song is different in every way, even the vocals were re-worked a bit. I like it as much as the original version. It's darker, has piano in, it's a bit slower but it's awesome. 

I believe it was intended to be released with the rumored re-issue of CD which would have included the bonus remixes and alt artwork. It's a shame that, and CD2 didn't happen before the reunion. Would have closed the CD era cleanly. 

Edited by Sweersa

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Yes, one leaked around the same time a lot of the crazy remixes did. 

The song is different in every way, even the vocals were re-worked a bit. I like it as much as the original version. It's darker, has piano in, it's a bit slower but it's awesome. 

I believe it was intended to be released with the rumored re-issue of CD which would have included the bonus remixes and alt artwork. It's a shame that, and CD2 didn't happen before the reunion. Would have closed the CD era cleanly. 

Wow. I wasn’t aware. It is a shame thy CD2 was not released and that era getting its proper due. Aside from the leaks though, it doesn’t appear there too many more songs with vocals. It’s wild how good some of those instrumentals are. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Wow. I wasn’t aware. It is a shame thy CD2 was not released and that era getting its proper due. Aside from the leaks though, it doesn’t appear there too many more songs with vocals. It’s wild how good some of those instrumentals are. 

Totally, was just talking to someone about that today. I like most of the Buckethead instrumentals too.

On 7/10/2020 at 1:09 PM, F*ck Fear said:

For myself, Locomotive.

On 7/10/2020 at 1:01 PM, GNR_RNR said:

Agreed.

I would also have to go for SCOM. It's simply every member of the band operating on all cylinders.

Axl - Untouchable vocals and universal lyrics that paint an amazing picture.

Slash - Creates one of the  most well known riffs of all time, and that solo.

Duff - fills out the song perfectly

Izzy - his guitar encapsulates the whole song 

Steven - Great drumming

On 7/10/2020 at 11:55 AM, John Reid said:

Nightrain!

Agree agree agree. Not knocking the words,  Axl or his  singing, but just the music by itself rocks. Layers Three of the best gym songs to workout to.