One song to rule them all...

Good picks so far!

SCOM, Jungle, NR and Estranged seem to be the most popular choices.

I would choose Breakdown. The most GNR song ever in my opinion. It's out of the box, at the same time somewhat traditional, it's crazy, it has heart, it rocks, it makes you think, it has everything I love about this band.

Nightrain is like a fucking journey. You could live in that song.

The opening A chord just fucking sets the stage... 

5p9V.gif

The Nightrain has arrived.

You set the scene, you strut down sunset with your snakeskin boots for a verse, you hop in the car and cruise for another... and then it's just 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

To me the out ya get me from the ritz show is the quintessential GNR tune. I feel that performance totally encapsulates everything GNR is about. Axl’s aggression,  and slash’s guitar out of tune but him finding a way to still rip on it, just amazes me every time I see/hear it. If I was trying to describe Gunn’s to someone who doesn’t know them, I’d show them that performance. 

to the general public though, I’d say jungle. 

2 hours ago, Ant said:

Nightrain is like a fucking journey. You could live in that song.

The opening A chord just fucking sets the stage... 

5p9V.gif

The Nightrain has arrived.

You set the scene, you strut down sunset with your snakeskin boots for a verse, you hop in the car and cruise for another... and then it's just 

giphy.gif

I love the visuals😄 Sometimes I feel like that when it's 6pm Friday and I'm leaving work! Turn the PA up and strike that opening chord!

We all probably have 5-10 songs vying for the top spot! I love Estranged, Jungle, Pretty tied up, Out ta get me, Street of dreams and better when I'm driving - I almost never skip any one of those! Current favourite is a toss up between SOYL and YCBM. All time favourite is Estranged, all time best that sums up GNR at peak (for me) Jungle.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

This actually a great fucking tune. I love Axl’s inclusion of whistling in songs. 

I love it. The whistling at the start that creates the buildup and the whole band start with the bongos and electric guitar.