"Cancel Culture" Opinions?

RussTCB

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

But this was the opposite? Ah, your point is that Diesel is guilty of "cancel culture" towards gays by reacting negatively to a train painted in the pride colors. Got it now.

Do you not think he might just be taking the piss there and actually doesn't give a monkeys for the colour of a train 200 miles away from him? 

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Do you not think he might just be taking the piss there and actually doesn't give a monkeys for the colour of a train 200 miles away from him? 

I think he erroneously thought that painting a train in the pride colors had something to do with cancel culture or that gay rights is something only "the woke" care about, and while reacting to this - facetiously or not - he came very close to himself being part of the cancel culture himself. Ironic.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I think he erroneously thought that painting a train in the pride colors had something to do with cancel culture or that gay rights is something only "the woke" care about, and while reacting to this - facetiously or not - he came very close to himself being part of the cancel culture himself. Ironic.

Have you found the Fallen Madonna With The Big Boobies yet?

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Have you found the Fallen Madonna With The Big Boobies yet?

I actually got that reference :) I watched it as a kid, too.

But yeah, gay rights have nothing to do with "cancel culture" or "woke ideology" - except perhaps in whatever backwards hamlet you live.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I actually got that reference :) I watched it as a kid, too.

But yeah, gay rights have nothing to do with "cancel culture" or "woke ideology" - except perhaps in whatever backwards hamlet you live.

This only has anything to do with ''gay rights'' if you somehow believe gay rights are intrinsically bound with pathetic corporate virtue signalling - most people, whether gay or straight, merely want trains to get them from A to B.

16 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

It is cherry pickin. You are against cancel culture when it comes to things like movies or music. At the same time you are willing to "cancel" a train because the train pays tribute to gays right.

• Like 1

Just now, Padme said:

It is cherry pickin. You are against cancel culture when it comes to things like movies or music. At the same time you are willing to "cancel" a train because the train pays tribute to gays right.

Who has said anything about cancelling a train?

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

This only has anything to do with ''gay rights'' if you somehow believe gay rights are intrinsically bound with pathetic corporate virtue signalling - most people, whether gay or straight, merely want trains to get them from A to B.

I think "Pride" and its colors have definitely something to do with gay rights, and whether you think painting a train is merely virtue signaling or an important and genuine reminder that the fight for gay rights isn't over yet really doesn't make any difference: it still has nothing to do with "cancel culture" or "woke ideology". Your attempts to reduce gay rights to something only "woke" people care about, and paint the fight for gay rights as part of "cancel culture" (towards whom, one might ask, the heterosexuals who feel threatened by equal rights?) is the only thing int his thread that could be called an asepct of "cancel culture", so you have inadvertently managed to make this sub-discussion on topic. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I think "Pride" and its colors have definitely something to do with gay rights, and whether you think painting a train is merely virtue signaling or an important and genuine reminder that the fight for gay rights isn't over yet really doesn't make any difference: it still has nothing to do with "cancel culture" or "woke ideology". Your attempts to reduce gay rights to something only "woke" people care about, and paint the fight for gay rights as part of "cancel culture" (towards whom, one might ask, the heterosexuals who feel threatened by equal rights?) is the only thing int his thread that could be called an asepct of "cancel culture", so you have inadvertently managed to make this sub-discussion on topic. 

Usual straw men.

Just to clarify, here is the original post,

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

All aboard the gay train,

There was no mention of ''cancelling'' this train and no discourse on gay rights, but merely a flippant gag followed by the offending tweet.

Herr Flick is clamouring for his daily argument haha.

(I posted a feminist with a talkative vagina earlier also, yet where was the sanctimony that time?).

Edited by DieselDaisy

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Usual straw men.

Then by all means explain how a train painted in the gay colors is part of "cancel culture" and how it is "wokery", and how you reacting to a train painted so gaily and trying to ridicule this as only something "woke" people care about, isn't in itself an aspect of "cancel culture" towards gays?

• Like 1

Looks like mostly peaceful protests other than the loud noise and harassing people by via megaphone.  I really don't have a huge issue with that as long as it remains 'peaceful'. 

What I don't understand is the part when they shout out, "Black people used to live here".  That could be true.  But how is that the fault of the people that live there now?

Edited by Ace Nova

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

No. They can put what they want on the train.

"all aboard the gay train" That was your original comment. Your wording looks like you are making fun of the train. You could've said "hey look how cool, the train pays tribute to gays"

Obviously you don't see it that way. And you don't have to. Just ignore the train and any news about it

1 minute ago, Padme said:

"all aboard the gay train" That was your original comment. Your wording looks like you are making fun of the train. You could've said "hey look how cool, the train pays tribute to gays"

Obviously you don't see it that way. And you don't have to. Just ignore the train and any news about it

There is a difference between ''taking the piss'' out of something, and desiring its cancellation. The former is my reaction to that train - and I think a great many people. The latter is the tactics used by woke fascists.

the flipside of cancel culture is the opposite: virtue signalling.

All these companies doing virtue signalling, which is what diesel was referring to, is indeed utterly laughable. It is as relevant and believable, as matt sorum (you know, the guy who snorted half of columbian coke through his nose) telling the kids about morals. Or Axl rose, you know, the guy who managed to insult gays and black people in the same song, lecturing us about politics in his pathetic tweets.

cancel culture, in both these aspects, is lunacy personified. These companies don't even care about gay rights: they care about money and woke points

• Like 1

all these movements that actively propagate certain sexualities or races, be it "black lives matter" or this "gay train", actually have this in common with nazism that they are an ideoloy, based almost entirely on race and sexuality.

there is no need for such movements.

it could have stopped with removing the evil forces that want to do harm to those races and people of those sexualities. But of course, that was not enough. Which is the precise point when all of this became a farce, and the object of ridicule.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is a gay train. Call it a facetious bit of wokery. Do you really want to trigger another one of our arguments as a consequence?

Why this coment?

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is a difference between ''taking the piss'' out of something, and desiring its cancellation. The former is my reaction to that train - and I think a great many people. The latter is the tactics used by woke fascists.

So you have the right to take the piss over a train. But others don't have the right to take the piss when it comes to music or movies. It's the same shit with different smell

Edited by Padme

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Taking the piss is funny. I like it. But you can learn a lot from a person by looking at what that person repeatedly takes the piss out of -- as if to hide one's political opinions behind jokes and haha's -- and in your case that includes black rights, gay rights, feminism, sexuality, environmentalism, etc, and the conclusion is that you are a socially regressive guy, a bit bigoted, really.

11 minutes ago, Padme said:

Why this coment?

So you have the right to take the piss over a train. But others don't have the right to take the piss when it comes to music or movies. It's the same shit with different smell

People take the piss out of music and movies all the time - myself included. 

7 hours ago, action said:

the key is to have a room of your own. I have one, and my wife doesn't even want to come in there. the rest of the house is for her to decorate. The flipside is that all my stuff needs to be in that room, which requires some inventivity from time to time. you gotta think vertical, the ceiling is the limit. Also it'd be wise to factor in strenght theory as books tend to weigh a ton and you don't want the attic to collapse.

the rest is fairly straightforward stuff. Just say yes to whatever she says, and you'll come a long way. cook her some nice meals, do some chores around the house, do some effort, and the benefits will roll right in. I'm talking about sex of course. I don't think I've asked for sex for more than a handfull of times, in the 7 years that we're married. I know what I need to do to be rewarded. As time goes on, you tend to know your gal.

I used to be claustrophobic about marriage too. A lot, in fact. But I've been two weeks alone when I needed to work and my wife was at sea with the kid, only coming home for the weekend, to know that I couldn't miss them anymore. I felt more gutted as the days went on. And I'm a real recluse by nature. You just gotta find the right gal. Or she needs to find you, which was the case with me. before her, there were countless of dates, all akwkard, long silences, all that shit. With her, there were silences too, but it didn't seem to matter. that's when we both knew, we were good for another 50 years.

Right on - thanks for this!

Yeah, Id need a room like that. Maybe my own bedroom too! lol And a work room. And a grow room! lol That would make for a neat thread - "show us your man caves." Thing is about the rest of the house, I was on my own at a young age so I have a bit of a homemaking sensibility myself. I like it sparse and functional. Would be a huge adjustment to yield up the rest of the house!

Sounds like you two have a lovely marriage! A sweet and romantic connection. I like to clean out a tool shed or mow the lawn - you're saying in marriage that gets you laid?? See that there is a point in marriages favour! lol 

I love cooking for people too! I have actually been learning 'romantic dinner' recipes :facepalm::lol: What do you like to cook?

Thats very heartwarming about missing them when their away. I can see what you mean about finding that connection with your wife - when silence was okay. Do you know what awkward silences on Zoom dates are like though? Oh its painful. One chick was at a cafe for our Zoom date so she wore a f'n mask the entire time :lol:

Im really happy for you and your awesome family. :headbang:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, action said:

all these movements that actively propagate certain sexualities or races, be it "black lives matter" or this "gay train", actually have this in common with nazism that they are an ideoloy, based almost entirely on race and sexuality.

there is no need for such movements.

it could have stopped with removing the evil forces that want to do harm to those races and people of those sexualities. But of course, that was not enough. Which is the precise point when all of this became a farce, and the object of ridicule.

I dont know why, but right wingers everywhere have been thinking that its a good idea to point out how things are "like nazis" as if any point of similarity should completely undermine something. But watch this 'Our governments have militaries - they are like the nazis' 

You see how this 'like nazis' thing doesnt mean anything in most cases. 

43 minutes ago, soon said:

I dont know why, but right wingers everywhere have been thinking that its a good idea to point out how things are "like nazis" as if any point of similarity should completely undermine something. But watch this 'Our governments have militaries - they are like the nazis' 

You see how this 'like nazis' thing doesnt mean anything in most cases. 

"black lives matter" isn't much different than "white power" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, action said:

"black lives matter" isn't much different than "white power" 

You didnt say why you think that. But anyways,

BLM is anti racist. White Power is racist.

BLM wants all people to live with out fear of race based violence. White Power wants people to live in fear, and be victim to, race based violence.

BLM wants all people to be treated equally by the authorities. White Power wants minorities to be removed from there areas, by the authorities.

BLM has its roots in recorded events where police murdered black people. White Power has its roots in ignorance, conspiracy theory and the history of slavery.

Why dont you just tell me what you like to cook for your wife instead? :) 

• Like 2