The Boys - Amazon Prime

downzy

Loving the second season of The Boys.  My jaw hit the floor with what they pulled off in the third episode.  The actor who plays Homelander is fantastic.  

Now the wait-a-week approach begins to watch the rest of season 2. 

Anyone else watching?

Yes. I loved the first season. Not impressed with the weekly thing - I like to binge! The first three episodes were great though.

I'm liking the addition of Stormfront. I didn't grasp the obvious from the name at first, then in ep 3 it was like - of course durr. :lol:

I like the side arc with The Deep too, the actor does a brilliant mix of arrogant and pathetic.

2 hours ago, alfierose said:

I'm liking the addition of Stormfront. I didn't grasp the obvious from the name at first, then in ep 3 it was like - of course durr. :lol:

Yeah, that didn't hit home for me either until the ending of episode 3.  They cloak it very well and then when she spews the vitriol I was like, okay, now the name makes sense.  

I'm not opposed to the weekly release.  While binging can be fun, I find I have less appreciation for each episode if I'm racing from one to the next.  For me there's a bit of a fun nostalgia to the anticipation of waiting for more episodes.  At least this way I get to enjoy the show for another month.  Otherwise I would have been done with the show by now and moved on to something else.  

2 hours ago, alfierose said:

I like the side arc with The Deep too, the actor does a brilliant mix of arrogant and pathetic.

I was wondering where they were going to go with this character.  Seemed implausible at the end of the first season that there was really any way back for him.  I love how they're using the character at his lowest point to take shots at Scientology.  He's an interesting contrast to someone like Homelander.  Where Homeland is corrupted and evil through and through, he's at least formidable and competent.  The Deep has his flaws but at least attempts to appear genuine in his care for aquatic life.  His problems lie in his competency that's almost always undermined by his narcissism.  His attempt to save the grocery store lobster in season one still makes me laugh whenever I think about it.  And then we see it again in episode 3 of the new season, where he really has no understanding or appreciation of who he's up against when he parks the whale in front of the sewer entrance. LOL.  Poor Lucy.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Don't have amazon prime but this show does look good.

I would say the show is so good it's almost worth the yearly membership.  Ask a friend or a family member for their Prime info so you can watch the show.  I can't recommend many other shows on Prime, though they do have some top notch movies available to watch (Knives Out, Terminator - Dark Fate, Hustlers, A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood, John Wick 3, Zombieland Double Tap, Rocketman, Judy, Late Night, The Report, etc).  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, downzy said:

I would say the show is so good it's almost worth the yearly membership.  Ask a friend or a family member for their Prime info so you can watch the show.  I can't recommend many other shows on Prime, though they do have some top notch movies available to watch (Knives Out, Terminator - Dark Fate, Hustlers, A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood, John Wick 3, Zombieland Double Tap, Rocketman, Judy, Late Night, The Report, etc).  

I think I've enjoyed more stuff on Prime recently than Netflix. I hate their menu set up though, makes it hard browse properly.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, downzy said:

I do have all those movies on my premium channels. I will see because I don't like sitting too long in front of my computer to watch a movie or a show. It just annoys me. lol

On 9/20/2020 at 9:35 PM, Georgy Zhukov said:

They make you wait a week now?

Yeah, I think it's an effort by Amazon to stretch out the amount of attention people pay to the show.  Kind of annoying but at the same time I get why they would want expand the calendar by which people discuss the show.

Episode 5 was great.  The guy getting his face ripped off was something else.  Also, interesting and entertaining take on watching two superheroes try to out-alpha each other in a sex scene.  

On 9/27/2020 at 5:43 AM, F*ck Fear said:

I still have to watch season 1. 

I've been incredibly burnt out on superhero stuff.

I haven't even seen all the Marvel and DC movies and I was still burnt out. I really enjoyed Season 1 of The Boys though. Season 2 is xooking along well so far as well. 

Man alive you see stuff in this show you have never seem before.

I think episode seven must have broken a record for most exploding heads in under five minutes on film.

Large Dick superhero was utterly ridiculous but still makes me laugh every time I think about this season.

And that poor whale in episode three.

This is the show for people who are sick of superheroes and want to see something they have never seen before. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, downzy said:

I think episode seven must have broken a record for most exploding heads in under five minutes on film.

Large Dick superhero was utterly ridiculous but still makes me laugh every time I think about this season.

This is the show for people who are sick of superheroes and want to see something they have never seen before. 

I’ve never seen this show. I’ve never even heard of this show but now I have to see what happens to the whale. :lol: 

50 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I’ve never seen this show. I’ve never even heard of this show but now I have to see what happens to the whale. :lol: 

If there was a show for you, this would be it.

It’s on Amazon Prime. Last episode of season 2 gets released next Friday so good time to start watching. 

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Not sure whether to take that as a compliment or an insult. I've just downloaded season 1 so I guess I'll know soon enough. :lol: 

You should take it as a compliment. Others it would probably be an insult. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Not sure whether to take that as a compliment or an insult. I've just downloaded season 1 so I guess I'll know soon enough. :lol: 

It also comes with the added bonus of relentlessly making fun of cults, the Christian right, and white supremacists. 

On 10/4/2020 at 12:44 PM, downzy said:

Love Sausage. Yes, that's actually his name in the comics :lol: 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 10:22 PM, downzy said:

It also comes with the added bonus of relentlessly making fun of cults, the Christian right, and white supremacists. 

Just laughed my arse off watching a dolphin catapulted through a car window and getting run over by a big rig. Never thought I'd ever say that out loud. :lol: