AC/DC - Power Up available November 13

SAU3R

First thoughts:

Money Shot is my favourite. I haven't smiled this much during an ACDC song since Mistress for Christmas. The thought of Brian Johnson as a doctor "prescribing" sex 3x a day to a depressed woman just is completely hilarious to me, would be an awesome music video and single. Best Angus solo on the album. Instant latter day classic. Such a sly thing to hide such an awesome good song near the end of the album. "That's my diagnosis".

Kick You When Youre Down is also a banger to me, it's got a strange riff for an ACDC song, keltic vibes similar to Avalon from Slash.

As much as I want to enjoy Demon Fire, it's a worse Caught With Your Pants Down rip off.

Anyone else notice the last 3 album closers are cut from the same cloth? The "meanest" darkest riffs are saved for last, Black Ice, Emission Control and Code Red.

Love the energy, overall it just sounds like the boys are back in 1985 or something. I never expected this good, someone said best since TRE, I gotta agree on that, this album is no joke.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

32 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Have downloaded the album now and listening. After listening to Realize yesterday,  i havnt felt this excited for an acdc release since the Razors Edge and j was 15 then 😳

This band had so many tragedies and always managed to come back stronger than before. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

First thoughts:

Money Shot is my favourite. I haven't smiled this much during an ACDC song since Mistress for Christmas. The thought of Brian Johnson as a doctor "prescribing" sex 3x a day to a depressed woman just is completely hilarious to me, would be an awesome music video and single. Best Angus solo on the album. Instant latter day classic. Such a sly thing to hide such an awesome good song near the end of the album. "That's my diagnosis".

Kick You When Youre Down is also a banger to me, it's got a strange riff for an ACDC song, keltic vibes similar to Avalon from Slash.

As much as I want to enjoy Demon Fire, it's a worse Caught With Your Pants Down rip off.

Anyone else notice the last 3 album closers are cut from the same cloth? The "meanest" darkest riffs are saved for last, Black Ice, Emission Control and Code Red.

Love the energy, overall it just sounds like the boys are back in 1985 or something. I never expected this good, someone said best since TRE, I gotta agree on that, this album is no joke.

I didn’t read a lot of the specific posts in this thread before hearing it - amazing how many of the same comments I just made almost to a T. 

• Like 1

I think Angus worked out different concepts. He didn't just look through the material, but divided it into different albums in a structured manner. So that not all "big guns" are wasted at once. I'm excited about the future! 

@Powerage5 Out of likes, but great review! 

Edited by Sosso
  • Thanks 1

Listened to angus being interviewed on an oz radio show yesterday, i dont think this will be the last release as the band apparently has shitloads of material left so will be interesting what happens in terms of future music. They will be touring once the covid situation is under control.

34 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Listened to angus being interviewed on an oz radio show yesterday, i dont think this will be the last release as the band apparently has shitloads of material left so will be interesting what happens in terms of future music. They will be touring once the covid situation is under control.

That's right but Cliff said that he only wants to do short tours now. They will have to hire Mark Evans if the band wants to continue the longer tours. 

Edited by Sosso

8 hours ago, Sosso said:

That's right but Cliff said that he only wants to do short tours now. They will have to hire Mark Evans if the band wants to continue the longer tours. 

Yeah i dont see that happening as i beleive thrres bad blood between angus and mark. Around the fact when mark joined, mark wanted to be a pop star which wasnt want the other band members were interested in....who knows🤷‍♂️. But i think the band can do short tours and play in certain cities, and not 2 year tours anymore.

Edited by Sydney Fan

2 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Yeah i dont see that happening as i beleive thrres bad blood between angus and mark. Around th e dacr when mark joined, mark wanted to be a pop star when in the band which wasnt want the other band members were interested in....who knows🤷‍♂️

That happened over 40 years ago. Don't you think they grew up somehow? :lol:

Edited by Sosso

14 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Well i hope so!. I remember reading t hat as part of an angus interview when ball breaker was released, so i think plenty of time has passed.

Angus wants to keep AC/DC alive as long as possible. That's one of the reasons why he should hire Mark. He still enjoys lots of respect among the fans and has played with Mal and Phil. 

acdc_gibson-live.jpg

Yes, he still fits the picture 😄

Edited by Sosso

On first listen all I can say is I honestly had tears in my eyes. With the uncertain future after the end of the last tour it feels mighty triumphant to come back this strong. I had previously considered Rock or Bust to be their most consistent album since Flick of the Switch but I may go back on that and say Power Up now takes that spot. Through The Mists Of Time might already be one of my favorite songs they've ever recorded. I'm with @Powerage5 on that one - I always love when they do the more laid back, poppy tracks since there's only a handful in the catalog. This one is no exception!

That was Spotify. I can't wait to crank my yellow vinyl when that arrives!

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

AC/DC Earns First Mainstream Rock Songs No. 1 in 12 Years

AC/DC returns to No. 1 on Billboard's Mainstream Rock Songs airplay chart dated Nov. 14 with "Shot in the Dark."

The rock legends lead for the first time since 2008, when "Rock N Roll Train" ruled for three weeks beginning that November.

Since then, the band charted five times before "Shot in the Dark," rising as high as No. 5 with "Play Ball" in November 2014.

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/business/chart-beat/9483059/ac-dc-earns-first-mainstream-rock-songs-no-1-in-12-years

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James Bond said:

On first listen all I can say is I honestly had tears in my eyes. With the uncertain future after the end of the last tour it feels mighty triumphant to come back this strong. I had previously considered Rock or Bust to be their most consistent album since Flick of the Switch but I may go back on that and say Power Up now takes that spot. Through The Mists Of Time might already be one of my favorite songs they've ever recorded. I'm with @Powerage5 on that one - I always love when they do the more laid back, poppy tracks since there's only a handful in the catalog. This one is no exception!

That was Spotify. I can't wait to crank my yellow vinyl when that arrives!

I was on the Axl/DC hype train so hard. Those were my favorite AC/DC gigs I’ve seen, and Angus and Axl had such amazing chemistry. I honestly wouldn’t have minded if GN’R took a backseat to AC/DC had he stuck with them. But man, this album makes me so happy that didn’t happen. After a few more listens, there’s standout songs, but there’s really nothing that stands out as weak. The “weak” songs on this album are weak the same way Let Me Put My Love Into You or Shake A Leg are on Back In Black. On most of the albums since FOTS, a song like No Man’s Land or Rejection would’ve been a highlight.

Through The Mists Of Time is definitely the standout track, it’s been on repeat almost nonstop for me. I can probably say I’d put it in my top 10 AC/DC songs. 

Can we just become MyAccaDaccaForum? :lol: 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I was on the Axl/DC hype train so hard. Those were my favorite AC/DC gigs I’ve seen, and Angus and Axl had such amazing chemistry. I honestly wouldn’t have minded if GN’R took a backseat to AC/DC had he stuck with them. But man, this album makes me so happy that didn’t happen. After a few more listens, there’s standout songs, but there’s really nothing that stands out as weak. The “weak” songs on this album are weak the same way Let Me Put My Love Into You or Shake A Leg are on Back In Black. On most of the albums since FOTS, a song like No Man’s Land or Rejection would’ve been a highlight.

Through The Mists Of Time is definitely the standout track, it’s been on repeat almost nonstop for me. I can probably say I’d put it in my top 10 AC/DC songs. 

Can we just become MyAccaDaccaForum? :lol: 

Please! Keep our loyal users here but celebrate a band that actually releases music. :lol:

• Haha 1