AC/DC - Power Up available November 13

SAU3R

On 9/18/2020 at 9:16 PM, SAU3R said:

These pictures were uploaded on their website some minutes ago and immediately taken down again. That definitely confirms Brian, Cliff and Phil are back and they were working on something.

The damn album is called PWR/UP. Can't you rename the thread??

7 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

It's just a shortened version of the title :shrugs:

AC/DC will film a "virtual video" for the next single off the band's latest album "Power Up".

Released on November 13, "Power Up" features AC/DC's 2020 lineup of Brian Johnson (vocals), Phil Rudd (drums), Cliff Williams (bass), Angus Young (guitar) and Stevie Young (guitar). The LP was recorded over a six-week period in August and September 2018 at Warehouse Studios in Vancouver with producer Brendan O'Brien, who also worked 2008's "Black Ice" and 2014's "Rock Or Bust".

The news of AC/DC's next single and video was broken by Johnson, who released a video message earlier today thanking fans for their support since "Power Up" came out.

"We're gonna try to do a virtual video of the next song that we want to bring out off the album," he said (see video below). "The thing is, none of us have ever done this before, so it's gonna be brilliant, standing like a tit, by yourself, miming on a microphone because you know that we're miming, and we know that you know that we know that you know that we're miming, but still — it's gonna be fun. Angus is gonna be playing down in Sydney, Phil's gonna be whacking the drums in New Zealand, and Cliff's gonna be paddling away. He might even come up to join me, 'cause he's not too far down the road. And Stevie somewhere in England, I don't know. We hope to put an exciting video together."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ac-dc-to-film-virtual-video-for-next-single-from-power-up/

Edited by Sosso

3 minutes ago, Sosso said:

It's just a shortened version of the title :shrugs:

AC/DC will film a "virtual video" for the next single off the band's latest album "Power Up".

Released on November 13, "Power Up" features AC/DC's 2020 lineup of Brian Johnson (vocals), Phil Rudd (drums), Cliff Williams (bass), Angus Young (guitar) and Stevie Young (guitar). The LP was recorded over a six-week period in August and September 2018 at Warehouse Studios in Vancouver with producer Brendan O'Brien, who also worked 2008's "Black Ice" and 2014's "Rock Or Bust".

The news of AC/DC's next single and video was broken by Johnson, who released a video message earlier today thanking fans for their support since "Power Up" came out.

"We're gonna try to do a virtual video of the next song that we want to bring out off the album," he said (see video below). "The thing is, none of us have ever done this before, so it's gonna be brilliant, standing like a tit, by yourself, miming on a microphone because you know that we're miming, and we know that you know that we know that you know that we're miming, but still — it's gonna be fun. Angus is gonna be playing down in Sydney, Phil's gonna be whacking the drums in New Zealand, and Cliff's gonna be paddling away. He might even come up to join me, 'cause he's not too far down the road. And Stevie somewhere in England, I don't know. We hope to put an exciting video together."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ac-dc-to-film-virtual-video-for-next-single-from-power-up/

It's on the fucking album cover. Ever saw a shortened album title on an album cover? Who cares what Blabbermouth writes? Check out AC/DC's instagram. All the graphics say PWR/UP.

Edited by PatrickS77

8 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

It's on the fucking album cover. Ever saw a shortened album title on an album cover? Who cares what Blabbermouth writes? Check out AC/DC's instagram. All the graphics say PWR/UP.

What does it bothers you? You should write something useful here instead of complaining about a title

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sosso said:

What does it bothers you? You should write something useful here instead of complaining about a title

Because it's annoying. You have a thread dedicated to an album, but can't even bother to get the name right. Also Power up is lame. PWR/UP is cool. And there is no debate really, as to whether that is the name. It's obvious. So I am writing something useful. ;)

Edited by PatrickS77

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Then they should fire whoever wrote that there. It's pedestrian and no eyes for details. All the graphics say PWR/UP. So that's the name.

It may well be the official name but it's also listed as POWER UP many times. If the OP want's to change the title he can. Let's leave it up to him.

13 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

It may well be the official name but it's also listed as POWER UP many times. If the OP want's to change the title he can. Let's leave it up to him.

Yes. Because people write it wrong. PWR/UP is written on the album. So there is no doubt about what is the actual name.

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. Because people write it wrong. PWR/UP is written on the album. So there is no doubt about what is the actual name.

I literally just googled 'new acdc album' and a whole page came up with 'power up' so it's being used by the general media too. 

I KNOW IT'S CALLED PWR/UP. 

Now stop being pedantic and play nicely :)

13 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I literally just googled 'new acdc album' and a whole page came up with 'power up' so it's being used by the general media too. 

I KNOW IT'S CALLED PWR/UP. 

Now stop being pedantic and play nicely :)

Yeah. Like I said, because they write it wrong. Apparently even the douche who's responsible for AC/DCs online stuff, when all he needs to do is to check the actual album cover/graphic. Everything else is irrelevant. If it's not on the album cover, it's not the name.

And who's to say we are not playing nicely?

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

What would you call Led Zeppelin IV? Would it be just that or rather Zoso, Four Symbols, Untitled or something else?

Hint: That's a rhetorical question.

Edited by adamsapple
  • Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH0biLknLyX/?igshid=uk9yyi51h4w

8 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

What would you call Led Zeppelin IV? Would it be just that or rather Zoso, Four Symbols, Untitled or something else?

Hint: That's a rhetorical question.

I know it's rethorical, but it's the nickname for an album that doesn't have a title. PWR/UP has one.

5 hours ago, WhazUp said:

From the official AC/DC site:

Screen-Shot-2020-11-20-at-3-14-32-PM.png

Yep, this. On top of this, every listing in their official shop says "POWER UP", other retail websites like Amazon say "POWER UP", Discogs has it listed as "Power Up", other music streaming and purchasing platforms like iTunes and Spotify say "POWER UP". "PWR/UP" is artistic license on the actual name of the album - it's essentially a flashy logo

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Yep, this. On top of this, every listing in their official shop says "POWER UP", other retail websites like Amazon say "POWER UP", Discogs has it listed as "Power Up", other music streaming and purchasing platforms like iTunes and Spotify say "POWER UP". "PWR/UP" is artistic license on the actual name of the album - it's essentially a flashy logo

Right. So they plaster the whole world full with the wrong album title. Also their designer got it wrong and they have written the wrong name on the actual album. :facepalm: Oh well, if you wanna believe that. Though it doesn't get much clearer than that:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHsxRl2paB4/?igshid=1a61itkfoxjno

The name is PWR/UP but they keep dumbing it down, so dimwitted people know how to pronounce that shit.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Right. So they plaster the whole world full with the wrong album title.

It isn't the wrong album title, it is a visual stylized version of the words "Power Up" and they are using both interchangeably on their official site

Would you verbally tell someone "hey man did you hear the new AC/DC album Power Up", or "hey man did you hear the new AC/DC album Pwwrr, lighting bolt icon, up"? :lol:

Edited by WhazUp
  • Haha 3

I went back and reread the Rock Or Bust album thread. I’m not saying this to say our current opinions on Power Up aren’t valid, but it’s amazing how many of the same comments we’re making now we also made about Rock Or Bust. I still think it’s a great AC/DC album, but it definitely pales in comparison to Power Up. It made for a fun read six years later for sure though :popcorn:

I also found it interesting that, despite the fact we almost all predicted the ROB setlists would be better and dig deeper than Black Ice, almost none of our rare song predictions were correct, be it songs they did with Brian or with Axl (Though kudos to @James Bond for predicting Touch Too Much!)