AC/DC - Power Up available November 13

SAU3R

11 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I had never listened to WMW 96 before, even though I knew it had been played once. Wow, that does sound really rough from Angus. But as you pointed out it’s probably one of the most difficult lead guitar tracks in AC/DC’s catalogue. Brian sounded great though, and I say that not being a massive fan of his Ballbreaker era voice. 

A part of me hopes Riff Raff stays in rotation after it got dusted off with Axl. Brian really did it justice when they did that one in VH1 Uncut. 

I agree. I think Brian sounds solid on it considering how wrecked his Ballbreaker voice was (I personally don't think Brian truly recovered until the 2003 tour). I also like what Phil did with the fills. Phil was truly on fire on that tour!

I hope we continue to see some gems getting dusted off for any subsequent tours. The SUL and 2003 tours saw some nice surprises, and we now know that the stale BI tour set list was to help Malcolm, so with the further surprises on the ROB tour (even before Axl) I think we stand a good chance at some welcome returns!

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

I agree. I think Brian sounds solid on it considering how wrecked his Ballbreaker voice was (I personally don't think Brian truly recovered until the 2003 tour). I also like what Phil did with the fills. Phil was truly on fire on that tour!

I hope we continue to see some gems getting dusted off for any subsequent tours. The SUL and 2003 tours saw some nice surprises, and we now know that the stale BI tour set list was to help Malcolm, so with the further surprises on the ROB tour (even before Axl) I think we stand a good chance at some welcome returns!

I’m really just curious if there’s any tracks that haven’t made an appearance in the last 20 years that could reasonably be considered as still on the table. So many deep Bon tracks got played across the SUL, 2003, and ROB tours I just don’t know what else we might be able to expect them to dig up that hasn’t been played on any of those tours. As far as I know, Ride On and Touch Too Much are the only ones that hadn’t been played prior to their respective airings in 2001 and 2016. Or had Get It Hot never been played before 2000? 

The only Bon songs not played anytime during the last 20 years are:
Baby Please Don't Go *
She's Got Balls
Little Lover *
Stick Around *
You Ain't Got A Hold On Me *
Soul Stripper *
Love Song *
Show Business *
It's A Long Way To The Top *
Rock N' Roll Singer *
Rocker
Can I Sit Next To You Girl *
School Days *
Ain't No Fun ^
There's Gonna Be Some Rockin' ^
Squealer ^
Big Balls ^
Jailbreak
Love At First Feel ^
Go Down
Overdose ^
Crabsody In Blue ^
Down Payment Blues
Gimme A Bullet *
Cold Hearted Man ^
Kicked In The Teeth *
Girls Got Rhythm
Walk All Over You *
Beating Around The Bush ^
Love Hungry Man ^
Night Prowler ^

* - Never played after Bon's death
^ - Never played live

I just don't know how many of those songs I can see getting played again. I suppose the stuff played on the Ballbreaker tour (Go Down, Down Payment Blues, and Girls Got Rhythm) might have a chance. But none of the songs remaining on that list seem like viable options. 

On 12/5/2020 at 10:33 AM, Sosso said:

Nope, he didn't left on his own. He was fired because of his drug issues and a fist fight with Mal.

The fist fight stuff i didnt know!. I always thought phil left or was asked to leave and the main contention was the direction of the music for the followup post BIB.

Edited by Sydney Fan

10 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I’m really just curious if there’s any tracks that haven’t made an appearance in the last 20 years that could reasonably be considered as still on the table. So many deep Bon tracks got played across the SUL, 2003, and ROB tours I just don’t know what else we might be able to expect them to dig up that hasn’t been played on any of those tours. As far as I know, Ride On and Touch Too Much are the only ones that hadn’t been played prior to their respective airings in 2001 and 2016. Or had Get It Hot never been played before 2000? 

The only Bon songs not played anytime during the last 20 years are:
Baby Please Don't Go *
She's Got Balls
Little Lover *
Stick Around *
You Ain't Got A Hold On Me *
Soul Stripper *
Love Song *
Show Business *
It's A Long Way To The Top *
Rock N' Roll Singer *
Rocker
Can I Sit Next To You Girl *
School Days *
Ain't No Fun ^
There's Gonna Be Some Rockin' ^
Squealer ^
Big Balls ^
Jailbreak
Love At First Feel ^
Go Down
Overdose ^
Crabsody In Blue ^
Down Payment Blues
Gimme A Bullet *
Cold Hearted Man ^
Kicked In The Teeth *
Girls Got Rhythm
Walk All Over You *
Beating Around The Bush ^
Love Hungry Man ^
Night Prowler ^

* - Never played after Bon's death
^ - Never played live

I just don't know how many of those songs I can see getting played again. I suppose the stuff played on the Ballbreaker tour (Go Down, Down Payment Blues, and Girls Got Rhythm) might have a chance. But none of the songs remaining on that list seem like viable options. 

Interesting i thought jailbreak and "long way" would be staples when they tour in Aus.

10 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Interesting i thought jailbreak and "long way" would be staples when they tour in Aus.

Nope - IALWTTT has never been played after Bon died, and Jailbreak was last played in 1991. By and large, Australia doesn’t really get special treatment in the setlist department - the closest they’ve come to that in recent years is adding High Voltage to the setlist for 2010, which just happened to coincide with the Australian dates. 

• Like 1

They didn't even play Long Way much with Bon, did they? I think it was already long retired by the time he died. For a while I never thought High Voltage would return but I was glad it did. Jailbreak would be a welcome return, as would Bad Boy Boogie (which has been gone for almost 20 years at this point). Walk All Over You is one of my favourite AC/DC songs of all so I'd be ecstatic if that was ever brought back.

• GNFNR 1

39 minutes ago, James Bond said:

They didn't even play Long Way much with Bon, did they? I think it was already long retired by the time he died. For a while I never thought High Voltage would return but I was glad it did. Jailbreak would be a welcome return, as would Bad Boy Boogie (which has been gone for almost 20 years at this point). Walk All Over You is one of my favourite AC/DC songs of all so I'd be ecstatic if that was ever brought back.

Not really no. It was played heavily through 1976, maybe early 1977. I think it may have been played a handful of times in 1979 but I’d have to go check the stats on that. 

• Like 1

Even after nearly a month, with the release hype disappearing, this album is still great.

Money Shot is such a banger. It's honestly become one of my favorite songs of theirs. Nothing gets me pumped more than that song full blast and Brian going "WHAT'S THE ANTIDOTE?". It's like I'm getting injected with adrenalin

• GNFNR 2

9 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Even after nearly a month, with the release hype disappearing, this album is still great.

Money Shot is such a banger. It's honestly become one of my favorite songs of theirs. Nothing gets me pumped more than that song full blast and Brian going "WHAT'S THE ANTIDOTE?". It's like I'm getting injected with adrenalin

Im sure once the band start touring to promote it, the publicity machine will crank up to generate tickets. 

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

I love there coloured cassette tapes well cool 

What did everyone buy 

1 x pic disc 

1 x red vinyl 

Red Yellow Grey cassettes 

I couldn't decide which colour vinyl to get so I left it up to my daughter. She chose the yellow one, so that's what I got. Looks dynamite when it spins.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 1:37 PM, Sosso said:

Phil Rudd is the problem. He didn't wanted play to the songs from Fly on the Wall to The Razors Edge. He was forced to play Thunderstruck regulary but that's it. 

Doesn't Angus just pick the set and then the guys learn it? I was watching a recent interview and that's what Brian and Angus aid at least! Although, they are pretty much always talking in riddles or joking, almost as bad as a Robert plant interview.

On 1/13/2021 at 6:21 PM, James Bond said:

I've come to "Realize" that this song is the most overrated song amongst the general fandom when it comes to the album, and I fucking love the album. I guess I'm just not seeing it or feeling it.

For me it's 'Through the mists of time', it just doesn't do anything for me apart from the big 80s chorus! I actually enjoy 'Realize' those first 3 songs are great realize, rejection, shot in the dark. After sitting with the album for a while Shot in the dark probably is the most solid overall song. Next favourite is Witch's Spell.

On 1/16/2021 at 1:07 PM, Gavin82 said:

I love there coloured cassette tapes well cool 

What did everyone buy 

1 x pic disc 

1 x red vinyl 

Red Yellow Grey cassettes 

I’ve yet to pick up any versions on vinyl, I really should get on that as AC/DC is one of the bands I’ve got a good collection going for. The only release I’ve picked up so far is the deluxe CD with the light-up box. Cheesy as all hell but it works for AC/DC and it sits proudly alongside my Backtracks deluxe edition boxset ;)