What Are You Listening To?

Dean

Well I'm going to see Tim Finn live next week. So I'm listening to a mix of Split Enz, Crowded House, Finn Brothers and his solo stuff. He's 71 but has cranked out four new studio albums in the last coupla years. Always puts on a great live show too.

https://youtu.be/k5licW1bnWc?si=EErYpcCahcqjA0vx

Edited by Gunner Gilby
Add live video.
  • GNFNR 1

On 9/16/2023 at 1:17 PM, Gunner Gilby said:

Well I'm going to see Tim Finn live next week. So I'm listening to a mix of Split Enz, Crowded House, Finn Brothers and his solo stuff. He's 71 but has cranked out four new studio albums in the last coupla years. Always puts on a great live show too.

https://youtu.be/k5licW1bnWc?si=EErYpcCahcqjA0vx

Enjoy...... Any of the Finn brothers are always a class act. So jealous. TF is such a talent. Get some footage and post here? 

2 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Enjoy...... Any of the Finn brothers are always a class act. So jealous. TF is such a talent. Get some footage and post here? 

Yeah I'm really looking forward to it. He took about ten years off making albums to work in the theatre and write musicals. But the last few years he's released four new studio albums. Two with guitarist Phil Manzanera from Roxy Music. Phil produced Split Enz album Second Thoughts in 76. One album under the band name ForENZics with Eddie Rayner the keys player from Split Enz. They came up with the idea of taking bits n pieces of early Enz riffs and building new songs around them. Most recently was a collaborative album with Andy White.

Yeah I'll try and take some videos n photos at the gig. But don't want to spend too much time on my phone and not take in the show itself. 

14 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Yeah I'm really looking forward to it. He took about ten years off making albums to work in the theatre and write musicals. But the last few years he's released four new studio albums. Two with guitarist Phil Manzanera from Roxy Music. Phil produced Split Enz album Second Thoughts in 76. One album under the band name ForENZics with Eddie Rayner the keys player from Split Enz. They came up with the idea of taking bits n pieces of early Enz riffs and building new songs around them. Most recently was a collaborative album with Andy White.

Yeah I'll try and take some videos n photos at the gig. But don't want to spend too much time on my phone and not take in the show itself. 

That is so cool, didn't know that stuff and I'll have to check them out. Definitely the two records with Phil M. Have a great show and like how you want to remain in the moment which is important for truly experiencing a show, anything would be appreciated. Behind Judd, TF would be my fav Enz member. 

12 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

That is so cool, didn't know that stuff and I'll have to check them out. Definitely the two records with Phil M. Have a great show and like how you want to remain in the moment which is important for truly experiencing a show, anything would be appreciated. Behind Judd, TF would be my fav Enz member. 

I went right off Judd about the time it came out he'd been posing as a 17 year on Facebook, stalking two girls who were like primary school age amongst other stuff. He's not a particularly nice guy. Polar opposite of the Finn's.

There's a mid 70s Manzanera album called K Scope. It's got Tim on lead vocals, Neil on backing vocals and Eddie Rayner on keys. And an early 90s Manzanera album called Southern Cross with Tim on lead vocals. Tim co wrote a lot of it too. They're both worth checking out too.

8 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

I went right off Judd about the time it came out he'd been posing as a 17 year on Facebook, stalking two girls who were like primary school age amongst other stuff. He's not a particularly nice guy. Polar opposite of the Finn's.

There's a mid 70s Manzanera album called K Scope. It's got Tim on lead vocals, Neil on backing vocals and Eddie Rayner on keys. And an early 90s Manzanera album called Southern Cross with Tim on lead vocals. Tim co wrote a lot of it too. They're both worth checking out too.

Yeah I heard Judd was a bit creepy, but the Swingers album has some pop gems on it that I still listen too regardless of his behaviour. Looking forward to checking out above stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...