What Are You Listening To?

Dean

Tonight I've listened to the following:

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds, front to back

Ozzy - Ozzmosis, front to back 

Journey - Greatest Hits, bits of Volume 1 & 2

Aerosmith - Permanent Vacation, front to back 

I'm going to finish the evening with the 12" single for We Are The World in a few minutes 

Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever

Elmore James - Original Folk Blues

The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed

The Rolling Stones - The Rolling Stones Now!

Leadbelly - Easy Rider

Cheap Trick - Live at Budolan

Alice In Chains - Dirt

REM - Eponymous 

The Sex Pistols - Live in Atlanta 78

Johnny Winter - Johnny Winter and Live.

These all got played in full today while working. What a guitar player Winter was.... 

Check out his cover of Jumping Jack Flash. Great energy. 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's one of the greatest love songs ever written. 

100%
Had it on in work so I can’t get on YouTube, but this is my go to version. If you haven’t seen this concert yet, I recommend it! It’s up on YouTube, plus BBC posted most of the songs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Guns N' Roses - Don't Cry

Neil Young - After the Gold Rush

After the Gold Rush, classic.  I once did an acoustic version of that at a gig and screwed it up royally,  most embarrassed I've ever been onstage.  The song was a bit too high so I had to transpose the chords to a lower key.  About halfway through I lost concentration and reverted to playing the original chord progression, disaster.   I think I went directly into KOHD. 😊

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

After the Gold Rush, classic.  I once did an acoustic version of that at a gig and screwed it up royally,  most embarrassed I've ever been onstage.  The song was a bit too high so I had to transpose the chords to a lower key.  About halfway through I lost concentration and reverted to playing the original chord progression, disaster.   I think I went directly into KOHD. 😊

Young has a ridiculously high voice, which rules me out of ever chanting his songs unfortunately ha!

I was playing his Live at the Cellar Door record earlier, fantastic version of After the Gold Rush on there!

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

In listening to Panic at the Disco right now because my son wants to. 

I worked in my mates bar a while back and one of the fellas he had working used to host open mic nights on quieter evenings. For the most part, it'd still be dead, so it'd end up me and him just jamming. He was a sound enough fella, around 18/19, but was always of the belief his opinion was factual. Told me the singer from Panic was vastly superior to Freddie Mercury (I'm a massive Queen fan, he didn't know this at the time) and to prove this, showed me a cover of Bohemian Rhapsody they did. Absolute dug shite and he was absolutely flabbergasted at the lengths I was going on telling him so. Long winded I know, and I've derailed the thread, but that is my experience with Panic at the Disco :lol:

In that fellas defence, he dug some of the stuff from Chinese that I used to play when we were closing up and was surprised when I told him it was Guns N' Roses. 

Still listening to these fellas:

• Like 1

@RussTCB

Everyone needs to check out ‘Dirty Honey.’ 

New band that just recently dropped their first EP, and holy shit they’re the closest thing I’ve heard to GNR, ever. More so the singer, who sings very similarly to Axl, but in his own way. Check out songs like ‘When I’m Gone’ ‘Rolling 7s’ and ‘Heartbreaker’ 

Think you’ll all really dig them. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

@RussTCB

Everyone needs to check out ‘Dirty Honey.’ 

New band that just recently dropped their first EP, and holy shit they’re the closest thing I’ve heard to GNR, ever. More so the singer, who sings very similarly to Axl, but in his own way. Check out songs like ‘When I’m Gone’ ‘Rolling 7s’ and ‘Heartbreaker’ 

Think you’ll all really dig them. 

I keep hearing about this band, but I keep forgetting to look into them. I really need to check out those tunes you mentioned.