General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

No, there hasn't been transgenders since Day 1 of humanity lmfao. 

As long as we've had society with distinct gender roles there has been individuals who have opposed these and taken on the opposite gender of their sex. That's human nature.

Transgender history - Wikipedia

Edited by SoulMonster

18 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

All this sewing on of rotting fake cocks and balls and inverting cocks and balls into an open wound to pretend it's a vagina, all the medical stuff, all this deranged idealogical stuff, mandated language etc is new and unwelcome.

This part? This rambling nonsense is somehow an argument for trangenderism not being an ancient concept? That together with you "lol wikipedia"? :lol:

Trans people should get psychological help, not surgeries. Their problem is not of a physical matter; it's of a psychological matter.

There is nothing beautiful about a person who was "shaped" into the opposite sex by some physical surgeon. The results are man made, and therefore flawed (not to say, grotesque). It can never reach the standards of nature. Also, these surgeries cost society a lot of money, and takes away capacity to treat other diseases.

29 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

So you're implying that I'm lying about gender reassignment surgery being a thing and relatively new, certainly at the current scale it's being done? That's as weaselly as you repetitively lying about me "believing in aliens" lol.

You think since Day 1 of humanity it's been commonplace to surgically transform human genitals into fake genital abominations? Are you mental?

And you still didn't do the full quote. You're back on ignore.

But I never talked about surgery, I talked about transgenderism. It's you who seem to mix these things up. Again, this is what I wrote: "[...] we've had transpeople probably as long as we have existed as a species and gender roles were defined." You seemed to object to this and then went on a silly rant about surgery and rotting cocks and whatever :lol:

21 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

The real tragedy of all this, that woke people like SoulMonster and downzy don't seem to grasp, is that the consequences of all this woke shit is far greater than annoying white men like you and me.

Many transgenders, even after transitioning, kill themselves. Woke people look at this whole sad situation and declare with wide smug grins "Let's force everyone to pretend it's normal. Let's subject children to this."

Honestly, if I was religious I'd consider this shit demonic. It is against nature. It is anti-male. It is anti-female. It is anti-humanity. On all levels it disgusts me and I consider it to be wildly mentally deranged bordering on evil.

I haven't for one second talked about gender reassignment through surgery. Not at any point in history have I talked about my opinion on that.

What I have said is that transgenderism has been around since the time when society developed gender roles. Does @Oldest Goat not know that it is possible to be a transperson without going though surgery? Is that it? He is simply so ignorant that when he hears the word "transperson" he immediately believes that is a person who has been surgically altered to resemble the opposite sex? So when I said that transgenderism has been around as long as society, he thought I meant that stone age people attempted corrective surgery using flint blades and leaves? :lol: A lot of the confusion he feels about me comes down to him not understanding what I write and as soon as he thinks I am being critical of him, or post something in disagreement to what he wrote, what little comprehension he had to begin with flies out the window.

29 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I've talked about the surgeries and medical procedures. It doesn't matter that you want to glaze over it; you don't get to. The whole transitioning thing is integral to transgenderism lol.

You seem to think that transvestites are transgenders *loud buzzer* wrong.

And now you're trying to claim I'm mixing things up. Amazing. You really are a circus. You must just get off on trolling.

So you, a supposed adult who happens to arrogantly pretend he's Captain Science on here, are fucking daring to say to me that people can become male or female - without even going through the medical procedures? They can just "feel" that they've transitioned and everyone has to exist around their delusions lol. That is total fucking nonsense.

I'm going to show restraint - like the Russians do in Ukraine according to you - and go back to ignoring you now. Try not to interpret that as me believing in aliens.

Transvestite just means they wear clothes of the opposite sex. I was talking about transgenderism, which goes beyond that to include taking on the entire gender of a different sex, basically behaving and identifying as a different gender than the one associated with your biological sex. It still doesn't necessarily imply surgery. And yes, you talked about surgery, but I didn't. Again, here is what I wrote which you objected to:  "[...] we've had transpeople probably as long as we have existed as a species and gender roles were defined." Did you read it? Did you understand it this time around? At no point did I talk about surgery. But for some reason you thought I did.  I wonder why? :lol:

Regardless, it is actually possible to talk about transgenderism without talking about surgery. The vast majority of transgender people never go through gender-corrective surgery. I suppose whatever Youtube trash you watch don't tell you that.

Have I said "people can become male or female"? Umm, nope, never said that :lol: If we are talking about the biological sex, then no matter what surgery you do, you will still have the same biological sex. We aren't quite at a point where we can perform gene editing on every somatic cell of the body to change the sex chromosomes. You can, though, identify as a different gender. Again, gender is the societal construct and gender is not defined the same way as biological sex. It is possible to identify as a different gender than the one typically associated with your biological sex. So you can identify as a woman if you want, @Oldest Goat, but you can never become a biological woman. You can even be a woman (gender) yet not a woman (sex) at the same time. That's enough to boggle the mind of a more stupid man than you, surely. And cue our resident moron to chip in with his "whisdom" on the matter. But you get this, now, right? You understand this. And if you do find it confusing then I suppose we can go with the terms cis and trans that help differentiate between the different meanings of "man" and "woman", Anny, none of this has ANYTHING to do with gender-corrective surgery, and at no point has I ever said my opinions on such things. 

Edited by SoulMonster

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

The real tragedy of all this, that woke people like SoulMonster and downzy don't seem to grasp, is that the consequences of all this woke shit is far greater than annoying white men like you and me.

Many transgenders, even after transitioning, kill themselves. Woke people look at this whole sad situation and declare with wide smug grins "Let's force everyone to pretend it's normal. Let's subject children to this."

Honestly, if I was religious I'd consider this shit demonic. It is against nature. It is anti-male. It is anti-female. It is anti-humanity. On all levels it disgusts me and I consider it to be wildly mentally deranged bordering on evil.

earth is certainly governed by demonic powers. "god" does not interfere with our daily lives, evil does.

but make no mistake; everything happens according to god's plan, regardless. How that works in detail, I don't know either. nobody does.

forces trying to get children on hormones and gender surgeries: that's demonic powers at work. "Woke" movie makers including black women in movies but only when they're ugly and unlikeable: closet racists at work. Forces making a mockery of gay people by making them participate in ridiculous parades: closet homophobes at work.

A "real" woke person, would treat all races and sexual preferences, with respect, dignity and balance. Most wokists, however, are sheep in wolve's clothes 

7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Society lacking core foundational things such as morals, honesty, compassion, common sense etc makes me very concerned for kids growing up amongst the chaos. It makes me want to not have kids. If I do I'll have to homeschool them.

I don't mean this in a depressed way, I don't want to die before my time - but when that time comes I think I'll be glad to leave this corrupt messed up world behind.

my grandfather said to my dad, in the 60s, that the world is fucked up and he was glad he was that old already

my dad told me, in the 90s, there was no morals and discipline amoung youngsters anymore

I'm telling my son today, the world is full of sock walkers and good-for-nothings

moral of this story: our standards constantly change. Every generation thinks, there is a movement towards more insecurity and instability, and that it was better before. But if it was better, before, then why is every generation saying the same thing?

I some ways, we have it better than ever. In other ways, we clearly don't.

21 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I love life but I'm not attached to it in an unhealthy way. I'm frightened of dying but not of death itself.

this is pretty much the way neo-platonists, gnostics and buddhists live

if you're too attached to life, and the material world, and money and stuff, your soul is not ready to reach the "pleroma"

life is some kind of purgatory for the soul; there are so many things in the world that are bad for us, which makes us feel deep down that we don't belong here. And we're right; we don't belong here. This is the realm of evil forces. In order to escape them in the afterlife, you need to let go. Let go of bad things, money, materialism etc. If you're not ready, they'll keep you a little longer on here, in the form of reincarnation.

Edited by action

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Society lacking core foundational things such as morals, honesty, compassion, common sense etc makes me very concerned for kids growing up amongst the chaos. It makes me want to not have kids. If I do I'll have to homeschool them.

I don't mean this in a depressed way, I don't want to die before my time - but when that time comes I think I'll be glad to leave this corrupt messed up world behind.

Nah, things are not worse today than they were before. Many things are much, much better (and some are worse). What would you have preferred, to be a transgender person today or back in the 1950s? A black man today or back in the 1820s? A woman today or back in the 1700s? A gay person today or back in the 1910s? A jew today or back in the 1920s? Etc etc.

And I don't think your school is the problem either. I am sure the school system in New Zealand is decent, like most school systems. Besides, you wouldn't have to home school to instill the "right morals" into your kids either, just be a present dad who communicates and loves your kids and it will rub off on them. Besides, you're a great guy but I don't think you are qualified to do any home schooling :lol:

5 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Stupid trolling post ^^^

Scroll up a little bit to read me literally fucking saying it's better to live now than 99% of human history lol.

You are too eager to try and slight me due to the Hulk/daddy issues you have with me. Well, I'm sorry son, try as you might I'm not going to travel to Norway and belt the living daylights out of you, I won't give you the satisfaction.

Well, I responded before I read your second post on the topic. Yet, you still say things like "civilization is fucked" and "I'm not attached to life in an unhealthy way", so I don't know...

Is everything okay with you? As one who cares about you, you seem much more angry now than 2-3 years ago, you misunderstand more, you seem more obsessed with fringe societal issues, you are darker and bleaker and tend to talk about violence quite a bit. Are you doing okay?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I'm doing good. But for quite a while because of all the bullshit, I've had my foot further and further out the door. More and more disengaged. Deliberately with self-awareness I actively try to not put too much effort into my posts anymore and mostly just limit it to serious real world topics I want to vent about that I don't want to go around venting about in real life.

I've noticed that. You used to be... "lighter",  in lack of a better word. Not so morose and angry. You were quite funny. I see that side of you less and less. I am happy to hear it is just that you use the forum differently now and not that you are going through hard times.

Another school shooting in a private school in Nashville, TN. 5 people are dead including the female shooter.  Children and adults are dead.

This is becoming such a very sad even every day and every week. How can we stop these events? I doubt we can stop them all. You just don't know when or why this terrible shootings will happen.

Parents need to really communicate with their kids and see if there's problems that would lead them to kill someone? I know it's hard but these events are happening too much by kids and it's up to their parents to know what their kids are doing and what if any problems are happening to them.

Very sad and scary since I have a daughter in middle school. I'm out of ideas and wish something could be done to avoid these events.

I can't imagine losing a child to violence. My sympathies to the families of these victims. So very sad.

25 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Another school shooting in a private school in Nashville, TN. 5 people are dead including the female shooter.  Children and adults are dead.

This is becoming such a very sad even every day and every week. How can we stop these events? I doubt we can stop them all. You just don't know when or why this terrible shootings will happen.

Parents need to really communicate with their kids and see if there's problems that would lead them to kill someone? I know it's hard but these events are happening too much by kids and it's up to their parents to know what their kids are doing and what if any problems are happening to them.

Very sad and scary since I have a daughter in middle school. I'm out of ideas and wish something could be done to avoid these events.

I can't imagine losing a child to violence. My sympathies to the families of these victims. So very sad.

I'm sorry to hear that. From the outside looking in it's always been a sad situation to see when it happens. There is a grim inevitabilty about it too in the states. I was at school in UK when Columbine happened and it seems to have gotten progressivly worse since.

with religion out of the window, people have no sense of a meaning of life anymore.

Some people thought all the answers would come from science, but that has turned out not to be the case.

everyone sits behind their smartphones, but nobody is talking to each other anymore.

paradoxally, with people always on social media, loneliness is at an all time high. 

in sociology, this is called the "atomisation" of society. Groups do not really exist anymore, individualism reigns. Social media is no substitute for human interaction.

Social media is also responsible for moronic views becoming the norm, and the whole of society conforming to minority views. Nobody is happy as a consequence. The majority, because they are diabolised; and the minorities, because their demands are not met enough.

if religion still was a thing, people would at least find some answers there. 

So I dont know what's supposed to give people meaning anymore. Certainly not a smug, fraudulent scientist.

personally, I find a lot of answers in religion. But not the religion of the church. Catholicism is not synonymous with religion. There is religion out there, for everyone's taste and needs

8 hours ago, Dazey said:

Bollocks!

then tell me,

what's your meaning of life? what will happen with you after you die? with your wife? your daughter?

why is there evil on earth? why do bad people get away with bad stuff.

tell me, mr scientist. any article in nature or the lancet that can provide an answer to that? it's important questions, perhaps the most important questions there are.

19 minutes ago, Chris1989 said:

There are no answers to that, but we prefer not to know or accept that, because otherwise there would be a downfall of society.

It's an inconvenient truth.

Religion was created by the rich and educated to control the lower classes.

our modern religion basically started in egypt, at the time of the farao's.

islam, christianity and judaism all incorporate egyptian elements in their religion (the flood and noah's ark, adam and eve, etc)

At the time of the farao's, the afterlife was aimed at the higher class (and then, only the farao's), not the lower classes. it did not really serve a purpose to control the lower classes. but then, the lower class didn't need to be controlled either, as egyptian society at that time was a good functioning, happy place to be.

It's only during the middle ages, thousands of years after religion was "created", that heaven and hell were used to tell the lower classes, they would receive paradise in the afterlife

12 hours ago, Dazey said:

Bollocks!

What?! How could we possible have any meaning in our lives if we don't believe in supernatural fairies and stuff!? 

Seriously, the whole question of "meaning of life" presupposes that someone has created us for a reason. If we haven't been created for a purpose, there would simply be no meaning to our existence and the whole question is pointless. It's circular logic and theists get caught up in it.

And with no exterior purpose to our existence -- we just came about through the mindless process of evolution -- we all individually have to find meaning to our lives, an interior purpose that makes life meaningful. And that isn't a problem to most people. 

3 hours ago, Chris1989 said:

There are no answers to that, but we prefer not to know or accept that, because otherwise there would be a downfall of society.

If you are talking about "meaning of life", then I don't think the realization that we haven't been created by a god and that we aren't put on earth to fulfil some theistic purpose, would be a problem to people and eventually lead to the downfall of society. You would have to be a pretty empty person to find no point in life if you realized gods don't exist and that there is no exterior meaning to why you are alive.

With "downfall of society" I suppose you mean that without gods we would descend into lawless anarchy, which indicates you think we only follow laws out of fear of godly damnation or that morals can only come from theistic beliefs, which is a pretty bleak thing to think and also not supported through empirical evidence. Secular societies also have law an order; atheists also follows the laws of the land and are endowed with morals, both genetically encoded (like empathy) or taught to us from our parents. To think that only the fear of god's anger is what keeps us at check and prevents us from descending into barbarians, is a pretty revealing thing to suggest and quite scary actually. Hopefully it is more indicative of half-baked thoughts than someone being devoid of morals or respect for secular laws.