General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

23 hours ago, janrichmond said:

He got away with the rape

Like he gets away with everything. Makes me sick.

After all the things he's done and all the lies, these Republicans still want him as their candidate. I'm so ashamed of America these days. What happened to the truth and caring? it's all gone and I doubt it'll ever come back. So damn sad.

7 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Thanks @wendirosezbut I'm working tomorrow and my tumble drier just died so I have to have a day off during the week. I hate appliances, I always break them.

What have you been up to with the tumble drier to break the poor thing eh Jan? 😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

What!?! What are you going to do? Why did you quit? 

Doing pretty much the same as before but contracting as a consultant via my own company definitely not for tax avoidance purposes. 😂

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Today is one year that those 19 children and 2 teachers were massacred in Uvalde TX. Parents still haven't gotten any answers from the authorities nor has Abbott spoken to them. Those parents are still suffering due to the loss of their kids. I can't imagine how they are feeling.  It makes me angry that the gun laws have not changed and shootings in Texas have gotten worse.

I don't know what it would take for Abbott to acknowledge that Texas has a HUGE gun problem.

Bless those families and still they have no answers to ease their pain.

• Sad 1

On 5/24/2023 at 12:10 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Today is one year that those 19 children and 2 teachers were massacred in Uvalde TX. Parents still haven't gotten any answers from the authorities nor has Abbott spoken to them. Those parents are still suffering due to the loss of their kids. I can't imagine how they are feeling.  It makes me angry that the gun laws have not changed and shootings in Texas have gotten worse.

I don't know what it would take for Abbott to acknowledge that Texas has a HUGE gun problem.

Bless those families and still they have no answers to ease their pain.

Unfortunately nothing will change in that state until the gerrymandering ends, so the blue voters can vote their candidate in. The right is making voting harder for people down there, which is shameful.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

Unfortunately nothing will change in that state until the gerrymandering ends, so the blue voters can vote their candidate in. The right is making voting harder for people down there, which is shameful.

It is terrible. All Texans are doing is mourning the deaths of innocent people over and over again.  It makes me angry and sad.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, ssiscool said:

Not too bad, hurt my shoulder at work and now it's one of those niggling pains that's going to bug me for days. How's you?

Hey @ssiscool Oh, that's not good. I hope that heals soon for you. I am pretty okay thanks. A lot of  things to catch up with , but ..blame this forum :D

On 5/30/2023 at 5:59 PM, wendirosez said:

... How is everyone doing today?

Enjoying the feeling of alcohol seeping through by body, out to every single cell. Just explored historical old town of Warzawa, a few days ago I walked the sites in old Jerusalem, and on Saturday I am off to Boston. Crazy traveling. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Enjoying the feeling of alcohol seeping through by body, out to every single cell. Just explored historical old town of Warzawa, a few days ago I walked the sites in old Jerusalem, and on Saturday I am off to Boston. Crazy traveling. 

Oh Poland. Beautiful. Travelling & alcohol. Bliss. :lol: 

Have a wonderful time @SoulMonster think of us grumpy lot here haha & stay safe.

I went to Baskin Robbins and asked for a banana split with no Bananas..The Server asked me if I meant a Sundae. I said,"No, I want everything that a banana split has, but no bananas. The server gave me the banana split with no bananas.  😀 But in reality, the Server was right. I could have easily just asked for a three scoop Sundae with fudge and  whipped cream! 🤭🤣 Or, I could have asked for a regular banana split but just not eaten the bananas! 🤣

Edited by Karice
  • Thanks 1

So, a "Customer" (BITCH is what she really is!)  asked me to do a $1,000 Western Union Transaction. In all 20's. She and I counted out the money a couple of times. She asked her boyfriend something like,"Babe, you want anything else?" He started talking to me. I think you know where this is going, right? That nasty ass BITCH!  I didn't count the very last time right before I put the money into the register. (This is my fault) .

I put the money in, punched out soon and didn't think anything of it. Over a month later(Recently) my Manager asked me if I remember this Couple, showing me the camera footage. I was like,"I don't really remember them, this is from over a month ago." He showed me the footage, and the BITCH STOLE $800 from me!  She had her Boyfriend start talking to me while she folded and palmed $800 and put it in her hand while her boyfriend was talking to me. She had only given me $200(My Manager asked if it was 20's or $100"s($20's are easy to make a huge mistake like I did, $100's are much harder to make a huge mistake like I did.) I had assumed it was the full $1,000 and just naively plopped only $200 in the register and then soon punched out.

My Manager said something like,"She had her boyfriend distract you while she folded the $800 and then palmed it. " He continued and warned me something like,"Customers shouldn't be "helping" you out with your job. When a Customer "Counts," money, you should ALWAYS recount it before putting it into the register. Be suspicious when Customers "Help," you count money and assume they may be trying to scam you."

I myself acknowledged I should have been suspicious she was "Helping," me count the money. He was like,"Yep, Customers "Helping you," count money is a red flag. Please don't ever again approve of a transaction without doing a final count of the money right before it goes into the register." I am so lucky I have a VERY understanding Manager.  Other Managers definitely would have fired me over this! Customer is a nasty BITCH! 

About "Customers," helping Cashiers out at their jobs, I saw a video where a "Customer," helped a Cashier with the register. The "Customer," ended up stealing like $50 from the register!"  Posters commented something like,"A Customer should never be "Helping," a Cashier with the register. Cashier should have been on red alert when the "Customer," touched his register and was "Helping," him out with his job. Cashier should have assumed "Customer," was a thief and said something like,"Sir, step away from my register before I call the police. Cashier should be the one on control of his register, NOT the Customer."

• Wow 3

12 minutes ago, Karice said:

So, a "Customer" (BITCH is what she really is!)  asked me to do a $1,000 Western Union Transaction. In all 20's. She and I counted out the money a couple of times. She asked her boyfriend something like,"Babe, you want anything else?" He started talking to me. I think you know where this is going, right? That nasty ass BITCH!  I didn't count the very last time right before I put the money into the register. (This is my fault) .

I put the money in, punched out soon and didn't think anything of it. Over a month later(Recently) my Manager asked me if I remember this Couple, showing me the camera footage. I was like,"I don't really remember them, this is from over a month ago." He showed me the footage, and the BITCH STOLE $800 from me!  She had her Boyfriend start talking to me while she folded and palmed $800 and put it in her hand while her boyfriend was talking to me. She had only given me $200(My Manager asked if it was 20's or $100"s($20's are easy to make a huge mistake like I did, $100's are much harder to make a huge mistake like I did.) I had assumed it was the full $1,000 and just naively plopped only $200 in the register and then soon punched out.

My Manager said something like,"She had her boyfriend distract you while she folded the $800 and then palmed it. " He continued and warned me something like,"Customers shouldn't be "helping" you out with your job. When a Customer "Counts," money, you should ALWAYS recount it before putting it into the register. Be suspicious when Customers "Help," you count money and assume they may be trying to scam you."

I myself acknowledged I should have been suspicious she was "Helping," me count the money. He was like,"Yep, Customers "Helping you," count money is a red flag. Please don't ever again approve of a transaction without doing a final count of the money right before it goes into the register." I am so lucky I have a VERY understanding Manager.  Other Managers definitely would have fired me over this! Customer is a nasty BITCH! 

About "Customers," helping Cashiers out at their jobs, I saw a video where a "Customer," helped a Cashier with the register. The "Customer," ended up stealing like $50 from the register!"  Posters commented something like,"A Customer should never be "Helping," a Cashier with the register. Cashier should have been on red alert when the "Customer," touched his register and was "Helping," him out with his job. Cashier should have assumed "Customer," was a thief and said something like,"Sir, step away from my register before I call the police. Cashier should be the one on control of his register, NOT the Customer."

wow those two people are such a pair of jerks!

glad your manager was understanding.

it reminds me of this video where two people tried and failed at a distraction trick against a lady who worked in the jewelry store:

https://old.reddit.com/r/facepalm/comments/13n65xa/she_knew_exactly_what_was_happening/

she was only keeping track of jewels.

it must be hard to keep track of exact amounts of money when there's a whole pile of it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

wow those two people are such a pair of jerks!

glad your manager was understanding.

it reminds me of this video where two people tried and failed at a distraction trick against a lady who worked in the jewelry store:

https://old.reddit.com/r/facepalm/comments/13n65xa/she_knew_exactly_what_was_happening/

she was only keeping track of jewels.

it must be hard to keep track of exact amounts of money when there's a whole pile of it

Thank you for that video! 😀 At very first glance, I thought Female Customer had gotten away with stealing the jewelry and then she and make Customer bounced, but on second rewatch , I saw that Cashier was on to what they had been trying to pull and had put the jewelry to the side and Female Customer and Male Customer bounced when they noticed Cashier stopped what they were trying to pull. 😀

• Sad 1