General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

10 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

(From my perspective) 

The Metoo movement was not about Womens sexual freedom, it was about appropriate sexual behaviour from Men. IF the flower power generation had dealt with that we wouldn’t see the issues we have over the 50 years since then. Most women I know who go to work do so to earn money to pay their bills like I as a man do. Why would they want to be hit on in the middle of a work day? 

why wouldn't they want to be hit on in the middle of the day?

seems a strange proposition. Women aren't asexual beings. Why wouldn't they want to be hit on when they like the guy in question? They can't switch off their hormones.

Besides, like we have ascertained earlier, women use the same kind of brain as men, so that's another indication that women, according to your own assertion, want the same things as men.

humans are not machines. our human needs very much still exist on the working floor. The claim that women do not "want" to be hit on while they work, seems very alien to me. Women are not robots.

10 minutes ago, action said:

seems a strange proposition. Women aren't asexual beings. Why wouldn't they want to be hit on when they like the guy in question? They can't switch off their hormones.

Besides, like we have ascertained earlier, women use the same kind of brain as men, so that's another indication that women, according to your own assertion, want the same things as men.

humans are not machines. our human needs very much still exist on the working floor. The claim that women do not "want" to be hit on while they work, seems very alien to me. Women are not robots.

#metoo isn't so much about not being hit on as not being harassed: MeToo movement - Wikipedia

6 hours ago, action said:

how do women think, then?

We use our brains the same way men do. Do you not know this? 

3 hours ago, action said:

Because we are at work, either in the home or at the office/shop/school etc. It's called being professional.

21 hours ago, action said:

metoo seems to present, that women are asexual beings who do not want sexual relations with colleagues. This is hopelessly out of touch. This is only only one example of a direct shift to a more conservative society where women are restricted. 

Your brain is fucked up if you actually think that way. I honestly believe you're either just a shitty troll or a total waste of space. 

:jerkoff:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, janrichmond said:

@action have you ever spoken to a woman who is not a family member?  Your thoughts on how women think are laughable.

35 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

We use our brains the same way men do. Do you not know this? 

are you actually suggesting, I don't know women have a brain?

PS it's "your" brain is fucked up, not "you're" ;)

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I was answering your previous question.

I don't doubt that the answer you gave, must have been somewhere between insulting my fucked up brain, and calling my views laughable

you'll have to excuse me, but I didn't take your posts to me too serious therefore. It's cute, that you attempted to have a genuine discussion, but may I suggest you revert to posting silly eye rolling memes?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, action said:

I don't doubt that the answer you gave, must have been somewhere between insulting my fucked up brain, and calling my views laughable

you'll have to excuse me, but I didn't take your posts to me too serious therefore. It's cute, that you attempted to have a genuine discussion, but may I suggest you revert to posting silly eye rolling memes?

giphy.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Yeah, America has too many guns and no politician wants to change the gun laws. So sick and tired of them stating the Second Amendent.

Those were very different times. I'm sure if our forefathers knew how it would turn out, they wouldn't want America to turn into a country of gun violence that seems to be happening everyday. 

Very sad indeed. Not sure what can be done anymore.

• Like 1

Trump is going to New York City on Tuesday to be arrested.  The police are all ready. 

I doubt this will go anywhere. The man incited the riots at the Capitol building and still no arrest warrant for that day. People were hurt and killed and if there wasn't a hidden basement for the Congress to go too their would probably have been more deaths especially for Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi. Trump doesn't admit to anything about that day. Maybe if they let him go down to the Capitol he would have gotten arrested on that day.

Either way, nothing will come of this and he'll run again for President in 2024. I guess most of the Republican politicians have no common sense nor a good bone in their bodies.

What does Trump have that so many people in politics follow him? I don't get it.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2023 at 8:12 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Trump is going to New York City on Tuesday to be arrested.  The police are all ready. 

I doubt this will go anywhere. The man incited the riots at the Capitol building and still no arrest warrant for that day. People were hurt and killed and if there wasn't a hidden basement for the Congress to go too their would probably have been more deaths especially for Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi. Trump doesn't admit to anything about that day. Maybe if they let him go down to the Capitol he would have gotten arrested on that day.

Either way, nothing will come of this and he'll run again for President in 2024. I guess most of the Republican politicians have no common sense nor a good bone in their bodies.

What does Trump have that so many people in politics follow him? I don't get it.

Good....Any updates?

i'm not American and even we  find him annoying from over here ! (British)

There are several cases against him, this one probabaly has less chance than some of the others of doing damage to him but it's not like he will ever spend a day in prison is it. 

He has a civil suit against him for rape, that one is likely to harm his reputation the most

I guess this is more of a general thread thing.

There are quite a few clips of Cold Hard Cash out there by Holywood Rose, alot of them are clips from the rehearsal tape from 1984 and theres at least one from a different recording with no drums. Just wondered if anyone had ever heard of a fan mix where someone had bothered to edit them all together into one full version of the song?

To me it's a far better song than any of the other Hollywood rose one's. Would have loved GN'R to do that over Anything Goes.

46 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Netflix is making a film about Cleopatra, a real historical figure who was Greek...and they're making her black with an afro lmao.

It's never a good idea to re-write history especially not mine(I'm 1/4 Greek) no matter how badly you want to in effort to over-correct.

How embarrassing. Learn to read and pickup a history book ffs. The movie will no doubt deservedly do very poorly just like all the other smarter than me garbage they churn out.

Haha I see that "w o k e" has been censored in a very sarcastic way.

About as moronic as when they cast John Wayne as Djenghis Khan.

52 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah that was rather moronic too. I guess they don't learn.

This is worse though because it's MY ethnicity lol. And before you say "Jeez, that sounds a bit entitled." Careful. Remember, apparently I'm 25% black now, you white sonuvabitch. :lol:

I have more problems with the historical inaccuracy than the blackwashing aspect, although that is saddening too. 

this forum has always been one of the more unfriendly places I have visited.

a large part of my depression, is thanks to this board.

it is an unusual large collection of toxic people. Usually it's a small amount of negative people in a crowd of positive people, but here it is the other way around. I truly, truly struggle to name some good people on here. Most of them have moved on to other places.

it just hit me like a thunderbolt, but I was too blind to see.

I hope I can find the will not to click on this forum anymore.

thanks for nothing, mygnrforum.

33 minutes ago, action said:

it is an unusual large collection of toxic people. Usually it's a small amount of negative people in a crowd of positive people, but here it is the other way around. I truly, truly struggle to name some good people on here. Most of them have moved on to other places.

Just say what you really think about me and Downzy will have you banned quickly - problem solved :lol:

But seriously, sorry to hear you are suffering from depression.

1 hour ago, action said:

I have disagreed with almost everything you've said on here in the past, so I am probably one of those toxic people you refer to. And I think that if something as stupid and trivial as an internet forum will be a cause of depression, I find that rather strange. But I suppose everyone is different.

However, I agree about the many ''toxic'' posters on here. Especially at the GnR-section.
The non-GnR section used to be okay and a fun distraction at work, but it has been dead for the most part since the likes of Soon and a few others stopped posting.

Edited by EvanG

EvanG and Soulmonster, I dont know how you two are in real life. But the posters I came to know here, have given me nothing but bad memories. That was probably not intentional, at least I hope not, but it's the truth.

you can say, it is only a message board. But at least from my experience, we do not live in a very friendly society anymore. Again, disagree with that, but that's how I experience the world. Call me a loner, a saddo, but again that's me. But you can be sure, I am not the only one.

it is the task of those who run this forum, to make this place more friendly and lively. And while it is certainly commendable they are paying for this board, what have they done to make this a warm welcome place I wonder? Downzy, and all the mods, ask yourself that. I mean this in the sincerest way possible. If you think that is not up to you, or you just don't care, why bother with this forum at all?