General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

On 3/14/2024 at 8:28 AM, SoulMonster said:

Yes, I'd love Les less if Arsenal fucks this up.

Of course they’re gonna fuck it up, look how they squeaked past Porto…and its fuckin Porto.  Still, could be worse, we could be United :P

Just found out I am £20-30k short on what I need for a mortgage.

£85k deposit, earning £42k a year. I want a 5x salary mortgage, and I can only get 4x salary because of high interest rates and the fact i pay for childcare.

I'm going to have to move in with my parents for a while, but would at least be saving about £1000 a month whilst I am there.

If interest rates dropped to say 4% instead of 5%, I increase my salary by £2k/year, and I stop paying for childcare (finish August 2025) then I will easily get the £190-200k that I want to borrow.

It's a fucking joke that I can afford the repayments easily, but I can't get the mortgage because Computer Says No.

The courts lowered Trulmp's fine. They are making it so easy for him to become President again. This means we are all doomed. He will ruin America and the rest of the free world.

I don't understand the thinking of the people that support Trump. He is a liar and not a politician at all. He doesn't understand how to run America at all.

He will also make the border problems worse. He never built the wall when he was President. What will he this time if he becomes President. More lies and more stupid wimp Republicans will follow him.

• 2 weeks later...

OJ Simpson is dead. The guy who got away with two murders is finally dead. 

How he lived with murdering two people is beyond me, but he must have been a savage.  

His family asked for privacy. I doubt anyone cares at this point. Nicole and Ron's families are probably relieved. They are the ones who suffered the most.

Pretty worried.

Iran is going to attack Israel any day now. Might be the beginning of WW3.

Putin is going to use nuclear missiles on Ukraine since no one seems to be taking what he says seriously.

America isn't the country it once was. We are weaker and other nations know this.  It's not a good place to be in with Iran, Russia and North Korea waiting in the wings.

If you think I'm worried for noting, you're wrong. The world is not a very safe place and there are many crazies just waiting to destroy America and Israel along with the rest of the free world.

8 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

there are many crazies just waiting to destroy America and Israel along with the rest of the free world.

You can only say this if you're blind to everything the US/Israel does because it's clear they are the crazy ones.

11 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Pretty worried.

Iran is going to attack Israel any day now. Might be the beginning of WW3.

Putin is going to use nuclear missiles on Ukraine since no one seems to be taking what he says seriously.

America isn't the country it once was. We are weaker and other nations know this.  It's not a good place to be in with Iran, Russia and North Korea waiting in the wings.

If you think I'm worried for noting, you're wrong. The world is not a very safe place and there are many crazies just waiting to destroy America and Israel along with the rest of the free world.

I think it really calms you down to be very worried all the time. you cling to your fear like a little girl but you're a grown woman. it's ok to worry from time to time, though I really don't see the upside of it, but you do it constantly. can't be good for you.

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I think it really calms you down to be very worried all the time. you cling to your fear like a little girl but you're a grown woman. it's ok to worry from time to time, though I really don't see the upside of it, but you do it constantly. can't be good for you.

When I read her posts I sometimes wonder if she’s like this in real life too or that maybe she uses a forum like this sorta as a diary to get the anxiety and stress off her chest but is a more mellow and relaxed person in real life. Also because she hardly reacts when people quote her or give advice. I hope so, but I doubt it, though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

When I read her posts I sometimes wonder if she’s like this in real life too or that maybe she uses a forum like this sorta as a diary to get the anxiety and stress off her chest but is a more mellow and relaxed person in real life. Also because she hardly reacts when people quote her or give advice. I hope so, but I doubt it, though.

I try not to be a dick to people who are like this, but I find it inconsiderate in any case what she's doing. I can always ignore it, but the way she phrased her post made me go for it this time and try to explain to her that living in fear is not worth it. making us her diary is not what this place is for, not even this thread imho.

it's not a big deal, it's just been like this for years now and no change at all. I deal with my own anxiety and it can sometimes be crippling, but there is also a choice that should be made imo, you can't let that shit control you and this is her on medication, mind you. (something she shared if I'm not mistaken)

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I try not to be a dick to people who are like this, but I find it inconsiderate in any case what she's doing. I can always ignore it, but the way she phrased her post made me go for it this time and try to explain to her that living in fear is not worth it. making us her diary is not what this place is for, not even this thread imho.

it's not a big deal, it's just been like this for years now and no change at all. I deal with my own anxiety and it can sometimes be crippling, but there is also a choice that should be made imo, you can't let that shit control you and this is her on medication, mind you. (something she shared if I'm not mistaken)

It wasn’t critique towards you, I happen to agree with you. I was just thinking this again yesterday when I was reading about Iran and then came on here and of course read yet another doom and gloom post from her, that maybe she’s this mellow person in real life and nothing like how she comes off on here. But I don’t think it will change, she doesn’t seem to read or care what people here say, she mostly seems to be talking to herself when she’s in apocalyptic mode.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

lol fuck Iran. I say that as a half Iranian- American. Would love to see the leaders of that country blown to shit someday. They are human garbage and any country that aligns with them can fuck right off too (although the US is allies with trash Saudi Arabia, too). I am thrilled they got humiliated so bad, last night.

They are bullies who oppress their own people and treat women like property. Supreme Leader can fuck off to hell 

Edited by ZoSoRose

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

lol fuck Iran. I say that as a half Iranian- American. Would love to see the leaders of that country blown to shit someday. They are human garbage and any country that aligns with them can fuck right off too (although the US is allies with trash Saudi Arabia, too). I am thrilled they got humiliated so bad, last night.

They are bullies who oppress their own people and treat women like property. Supreme Leader can fuck off to hell 

What about Israel and their attack on the Iranian consulate in Syria which caused Iran to react? 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

What about Israel and their attack on the Iranian consulate in Syria which caused Iran to react? 

What about it? Issues aren’t black and white, and Israel has done plenty wrong. Fuck the Iranian government for what they do to their own country

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

What about it? Issues aren’t black and white, and Israel has done plenty wrong. Fuck the Iranian government for what they do to their own country

What I meant was, the Iranian attack didn't come without provocation. Not that it excuses the Iranian drone/missile attack, at all, but what we are witnessing are two parties both being responsible for gradually escalating a conflict into open warfare. And now Israel is contemplating how to respond, likely in excess and the spiral continues. In short, the leaders of both these countries are making grave errors by escalating. Primitive cavemen. 

• Like 1

Biden needs to make it clear that not only is he not supporting an attack on Iran but if Israel goes forward anyway he isn't defending them from any retaliation this time. Although this is getting away from what Biden actually needs to do and that's put an end to Israel's whole operation. That's the right and human thing to do.

• 2 weeks later...