General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

It's really odd to me, because you seem to be a person who's always nice and wouldn't antagonize anyone. Then again, I only know you on the forum, of course. It's a bit funny, because more people are assholes on the forum and sweethearts in real life. Maybe with @Eric Cantona it's the other way around :lol:

15 minutes ago, Lio said:

It's really odd to me, because you seem to be a person who's always nice and wouldn't antagonize anyone. Then again, I only know you on the forum, of course. It's a bit funny, because more people are assholes on the forum and sweethearts in real life. Maybe with @Eric Cantona it's the other way around :lol:

Probably. 

:lol:

It was just some fool twice my size and thrice my age who probably had too much to drink. Luckily I was with a friend group, and police outside saw what happened! 

5 hours ago, Lio said:

Polite forumgoer by day, granny robber by night! :lol: 

• Haha 1

Besides waiting for the GNR surprise today, I've been waiting on an update in the Love/sex/relationship thread all day, but I see I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up in that department either :( I guess you've sobered up too much, @Eric Cantona:lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lio said:

Besides waiting for the GNR surprise today, I've been waiting on an update in the Love/sex/relationship thread all day, but I see I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up in that department either :( I guess you've sobered up too much, @Eric Cantona:lol:

I was hoping nobody saw that when I deleted it :lol:

• Haha 1

On 1/22/2024 at 2:10 PM, lame ass security said:

Man, mosquitoes are the scourge of the earth. I seriously hate those fuckers.

Yeah, Alaska is full of them and some are ginormous. We jokingly call them our state bird because of their size! :lol:

• Haha 2

I took the decision to downsize my life around 10 months ago. Since then I have sold:

Games Consoles - Gameboy Colour and PS5 + steering wheel etc

Weightlifting Equipment - Farmers Carry handles, Chin up bar, kettle bells.

Sports equipment - Boxing gloves, two road bikes, a turbo trainer for indoor cycling.

Random stuff - Airpods, Camera kit, Video Camera, tripods, lighting etc.

Getting rid of all of this stuff massively increased my free time. I purchased an indoor rowing machine and a guitar to go with my bass.

I've been doing an inventory of my things to see what I could sell if I needed money desperately and I found that all I own of any value are those things - one guitar, one bass, on rowing machine, which I'd probably get £650-800 in total.

I have a well specced home gym, but none of the stuff has any significant value. I can't believe how my aim of minimalism and cutting down to core items has been so effective that I actually don't have any pawnable items for a safety net if shit hit the fan.

I've always owned £2000 of stuff that I could sell quickly. This is an unexpected side effect of minimalism.

RIP Carl Weathers. He was Apollo Creed in 3 Rocky movies.

Was in Predator with Arnold. Great actor. He died in his sleep last week. Very sad.

Also Don Murray. He played opposite Marilyn Monroe in the movie Bus Stop. Before most of our times, but I've seen it and it's a great film.

In the 80's he was on the nighttime soap knots Landing.

1 hour ago, Chris1989 said:

I've just sent an enquiry about getting a tattoo, roughly quarter sleeve size. I've long had a love for Japanese art, and have wanted a tattoo for around 2 years now.

In a week's time it'll be 15 years since I was diagnosed with leukaemia, and the tattoo will be in part related to that - it'll have a cherry blossom theme to signify impermanence and the fact that beauty in life will always return. 

I also want to include a tiger as a reference to my daughter, and water as blue is my favourite colour. 

Intrigued as to what the artist comes up with should they take the commission.

👊👍

My job hired someone to replace me on 3rd shift so I can go back to working days. I was supposed to train her last week and she didn't show up on either of her scheduled days. She shows up a few hours early this evening so my manager gave her a uniform and told her to come back at her scheduled time this evening. She no showed again :max:

I'm not trying to be negative but why go through the hiring process and on boarding if you're not going to show up? It's especially frustrating for me because I desperately want to go back to days

18 hours ago, Gibson87 said:

My job hired someone to replace me on 3rd shift so I can go back to working days. I was supposed to train her last week and she didn't show up on either of her scheduled days. She shows up a few hours early this evening so my manager gave her a uniform and told her to come back at her scheduled time this evening. She no showed again :max:

I'm not trying to be negative but why go through the hiring process and on boarding if you're not going to show up? It's especially frustrating for me because I desperately want to go back to days

Surely they won't give her another chance.

On 2/9/2024 at 9:32 AM, Chris1989 said:

I've just sent an enquiry about getting a tattoo, roughly quarter sleeve size. I've long had a love for Japanese art, and have wanted a tattoo for around 2 years now.

In a week's time it'll be 15 years since I was diagnosed with leukaemia, and the tattoo will be in part related to that - it'll have a cherry blossom theme to signify impermanence and the fact that beauty in life will always return. 

I also want to include a tiger as a reference to my daughter, and water as blue is my favourite colour. 

Intrigued as to what the artist comes up with should they take the commission.

Awesome. I have tattoos and my mom and dad and brother do too.

My brother is covered on his arms stomach and back and neck and hands. He's a work of art. He's not working on his legs.

He has a Japanese dragon on one of his legs and a Japanese Samurai on his arm. He has so many beautiful tattoos. The one on his back is the Elephant for yoga. 

All our tattoos mean something special to us. He even has the pink ribbons on his hands because my mom had breast cancer.

I hope you get all the tattoos you want and they rock!