General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

4 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

Justin Hawkins goes in on Corey Feldman, well actually he doesn't that much but some of the clips of Feldman are errrmmm... odd. The delusion in the man is alarming.

Corey got really odd these.

I saw him at a Texas horror convention celebrating Friday the 13th part 5. He was there with his then wife. She was in playboy so she was signing stuff too. lol All the other actors who were in part 5 got his autograph too. I didn't bother. He wanted too much money.

Anyway, last I saw him on a tv show, he was with a lot of women trying to help them get into show businesses.

US ships in the Middle East are being attacked. We will probably be in another war in the ME by next year.

This whole world sucks.

• Haha 1

I'm doing an apprenticeship alongside my normal job, and it's really dragging me down. I don't have time to do it - I signed up way back when work was fairly quiet, but we've got a whole bunch of new contracts in the last 6 months. Add in that I am supposed to be getting a promotion in the next month and I can only see this working if I do the apprenticeship in my free time.

covid, the flu and RSV are up in Texas. And vaccines are down. Not surprised since many people in Texas don't believe vaccines save lives.

Happy Holidays.

If this keeps up many viruses that were killed off will make their way back. There have been some outbreaks in Texas with viruses that have already been killed off but since many won't get vaccinated for them they are making their way back.

Sad. My mom had chicken pox and measles and it's not pretty and she had high fevers too.  We need to get vaccinated to keep these from coming back. My daughter has all her shots and will continue so she can stay healthy.

12 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

covid, the flu and RSV are up in Texas. And vaccines are down. Not surprised since many people in Texas don't believe vaccines save lives.

Happy Holidays.

If this keeps up many viruses that were killed off will make their way back. There have been some outbreaks in Texas with viruses that have already been killed off but since many won't get vaccinated for them they are making their way back.

Sad. My mom had chicken pox and measles and it's not pretty and she had high fevers too.  We need to get vaccinated to keep these from coming back. My daughter has all her shots and will continue so she can stay healthy.

OIP.jpg.4b8d351b468eea2e19fc29e4a934d18e.jpg

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

It is pretty funny in a way, I guess :lol:

Literally 9600 posts over a decade of garbage. The queen of shitposting. Maybe it is an accomplishment

No, I'm sorry, I didn't read that. I was kind of letting off steam - what with this being a general chat, right? - actually reacting to this:

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-67795251

Yeah, I'm Czech. This is just... insane. I'm lost for words. 

Edit: You see - and sorry for an ignorant take - we're not America, and this stuff doesn't normally happen here. It never has. We're fucking shaken, I can tell you that already. 

Anyway, merry X-mas, anyone.

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

No, I'm sorry, I didn't read that. I was kind off letting off steam - what with this being a general chat, right? - actually reacting to this:

You see - and sorry for an ignorant take - we're not America, and this stuff doesn't normally happen here. It never has. We're fucking shaken, I can tell you that already. 

Anyway, marry x-mass, anyone.

Been following it since I heard. Awful news.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

No, I'm sorry, I didn't read that. I was kind of letting off steam - what with this being a general chat, right? - actually reacting to this:

Edit: You see - and sorry for an ignorant take - we're not America, and this stuff doesn't normally happen here. It never has. We're fucking shaken, I can tell you that already. 

Anyway, merry X-mas, anyone.

1 hour ago, Rindmelon said:

Been following it since I heard. Awful news.

I did not see until this past hour. Simply awful. Even if this happens too often here, it is horrible every time. In a weird way, it is surreal for me seeing this happen somewhere like Prague. I am very sorry. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of saving up a bit for a trip to Manchester this spring or summer. I had intended to study in Liverpool a couple years ago, and visit Manchester here and then, but couldn’t justify the costs. Would be a fun trip!

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 2:14 PM, Eric Cantona said:

Thinking of saving up a bit for a trip to Manchester this spring or summer. I had intended to study in Liverpool a couple years ago, and visit Manchester here and then, but couldn’t justify the costs. Would be a fun trip!

I lived in Manchester for 7 years and love the place. If you need any tips on fun places to go let me know.

• Thanks 1