General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

5 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Don't worry too much about nuclear war. It either won't happen or it will and the world won't have time to worry because it will be gone.

Maybe you're being cynical, but this is exactly the type of healthy approach many people miss these days. When we’re talking about something negative, there are basically two options: 1) it’s gonna happen anyway, and you’ll feel terrible, worrying about it all the time, letting these assumptions and fears ruin your life; 2) it’s gonna happen anyway, but you’ll feel fine, not worrying about it, not letting fear ruin your life, just going about your day with a smile. The choice is yours. I know it may be difficult sometimes, but let’s say this is the direction to look at. 
And all this is assuming that the negative thing will happen at all. There’s a psychological theorem which says that about 90 % of our inner fears and negative thoughts and projections actually never become reality. And yet we worry about such stuff every day, either living in the past or dreading the future. It’s all in our heads. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Wasn't being cynical/sarcastic.

It is indeed the healthy approach - and yet it can be such a struggle to enact.

it's the right approach. My dad has told me the same.

look at corona. Was it all necessary; the fear the media tried to create? It turned out, to be allright. We're all still healthy. I know no one, wide and about, who had serious health problems from corona, let alone died from it. It was all blown up, out of proportion. Fear mongering. I spent so much energy, these last two years, biting my nails, for absolutely nothing. It still did not stop me from pursuing my hobbies and interests, luckily. But some negativity was certainly present. The smallest worry invested in this made-up crisis, was already too much.

People accuse me of not giving a shit, of being an individualist; but I find I still care too much. Note to self: give even less fucks when they annouce the next war /  virus / cultural and social revolution

• Like 1

I could almost give a class on giving few fucks, I've roamed through the past three years giving few fucks while the world around me was running around screaming like it was on fire. Not that the pandemic didn't affect me - it utterly destroyed a job I had that will never exist again and I haven't yet recovered occupationally. But I just rolled through that too, ended up devoting a year to a huge unpaid project in an interest, decluttered my entire life, and paid off a large chunk of debt with that extra unemployment. I simply switched gears for a while and rolled my eyes at everything. 

the more you have, the more you can lose.

If someone handed me 100 million dollars today, you know, there's a guy there with a suitcase of money going "it's yours take it", I wouldnt wanna have it.

Accepting that suitcase, would make me lose everything that I love, everything that gives me happiness.

Not to mention, the assholes and bastards that would getting on my back telling me they're my friend.

Success, attracts leeches. Nobodies. Losers. Wastes of oxygen. Leeching of another person's achievments. No, thanks. Fuck off the lot of ya, lol.

So many people winning the lottery, ending up miserable and lonely.

I'd answer; the suitcase is yours, now get the hell out of my sight.

When I get home, I would feel the comfort of making my own meals, making do with the small things that I have and making the best of it. Watching the birds in my garden enjoying the nuts and fat I supplied to them. Enjoying the simple company of my family.

22 hours ago, action said:

I'm 42 years old, and it's only now I understand the meaning of this song

the lyrics are pure poetry

Axl said it was about a real neighbor he had lived next too. Not sure when? Anyway, I've lived next door to many horrible neighbors and underneath them too. People can be such bastards.

Didn't Axl get arrested for living next to a psycho?  I recall him in handcuffs telling the reporters "I live next door to a psycho." Got to love Axl.

Don't feel well today. Stuffed up and throat is dry. Hope it's allergies since they are very bad right now in Texas.  I took allergy pills and had soup. lol Hopefully, I will feel better soon, otherwise it's the doctor on Monday.

Have a good weekend everyone.

• Like 2

Today the local news talked about Lisa Marie's funeral and they mentioned how Axl played a heartfelt song which we know was November Rain.  Was happy someone mentioned Axl.  Very sad event. Still can't believe she's gone.  The Presley family has had many heartaches over the years.

On 1/22/2023 at 6:56 AM, action said:

HCnpVv1.jpg

this painting was a bastard to make.

6/10, I hate it

Nice. Love the purple sky. Very talented.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Looks cool to me

it's growing a bit on me

the trees didn't seem to work, and I rushed the pathway. I also screwed up with adding detail too early. Also, it didnt end up what I had in mind. I wanted to recreate the "whiteness" when lightning strikes when its dark, but that didnt come out at all. I didnt feel happy when it was finished, like I was with my first painting. It was a struggle throughout, and I was getting a bit nervous. ridiculous really, who cares. but I hate it when something doesn't work.

but I can see it for what it is now. I like the combination purple / ocre yellow, and the assymetrical, distorted view of the land. I think that ended up cool, but it was unintentional. 

no more paintings for a while now. need to find my rest back.

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

When you continue painting you should keep working on this last one until you 'are' happy with it.

that's kind of the plan.

There's only one known picture of the surface of venus. It's all yellow, and mountains in the distance. I'll be painting that too.

I love the thought of these rare images, or images that only stay for a fraction of a second, and put them on canvas.

my sisters says, I have a manic episode again, and I'm clearly borderline. i think she's right

Well, it's the third day of the freezing rain in Texas and schools closed and no mail delivery either.

I know Texas doesn't get ice often, but after it's been happening for years in a row now, you would think Abbott would invest in more trucks to put sand on the highways and maybe other roads.  Trucks are getting stuck on the highways and the airport is closed.

I'm sick and tired of everything stopping and closing due to icy roads. if you put your cars in a lower gear and drive slow, which you will in a lower gear, you can actually drive.  My family has done it many times in New York.

And due to the icy rain it's messed with trees and power lines. Again people are without power and yet they keep voting for Abbott who has done nothing about the power grid since the storm from 3 years ago. February seems to be a very bad month for Texas.

• Wow 1

I'm not starting a thread in the slash section for this yet at least not until i know for sure but it looks like this massive MJ leak contains the multitracks to Black or white.

That means slash's isloated guitar work in HQ if true

Edited by Shacklermyrye

5 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I'm not starting a thread in the slash section for this yet at least not until i know for sure but it looks like this massive MJ leak contains the multitracks to Black or white.

That means slash's isloated guitar work in HQ if true

I don't think the Black or white slash guitar is on there sadly from what i can tell. The file is 120gig. A fan stole a laptop and an external hard drive and jumped out of a window on to a roof to get away lol, Make's what Rick did look level headed

Such suffering Syria and Turkey from those earthquakes. The poor people and the children. Some of them are refugees from the wars and now this. Life can be so cruel and mother nature too. Can't do anything about these things. Amazon said they will ship out food and supplies to them starting tomorrow. They have a factory in Istanbul. 

Anyway, it seems the whole world is suffering from something these days. it's very sad.