What do you think Axl's appearance will be this summer?

7 minutes ago, Nintari said:

Yes, thirty is when most artists seem to slide creatively. But I don't believe it has much to do with biology. I think it's more or less about the bullet count, so to speak. By thirty, depending on the artist in question, you've spent a lot of bullets. Most people only have so many, and even the very best don't have an unlimited amount. So by thirty, most artists are all used up, and that's why I think the art starts to suffer. The age is irrelevant.

If you look at artists that started later, like Roger Waters (he didn't take over Pink Floyd until he was pushing thirty), it sort of backs up the aforementioned hypothesis. He was about thirty-two when Wish You Were Here released; thirty-seven for The Wall. His slide happened in his early forties... about ten years or so after he started writing full-time.

Yeah, that makes sense. Without trying to show off, I used to make music and did four albums and four EPs, then burnt out. So then I switched to writing fiction. I’ve put out five novelettes and have two more on the way, but I feel myself “running out of gas” on that side, too. So I think I’ve “run out of bullets,” as you put it.

Apologies for getting off topic.

The matter of someone's appearance and whether we like it or not is entitled to someone 's taste, but you can qualify for some things. Axl was a very attractive man when he was 20 sth. People are shocked when they see him now because he has changed  much. Some people don't  age gracefully (I know, we're working towards that too), but it seems to me that after what Axl has been through in his life, he never thought he'd live to this age.  there are health and individual matters such as taking medications that change your appearance a lot and there is not much you can do about it, even when you're rich. my godmother is a very beautiful woman but due to her health condition and the medications  ( she is Axl's age) she is taking she looks like an inflated balloon and can't do anything about it. It's easy to judge someone when you don't know the whole story.
I hope that Axl is healthy, that he is physically fit, ( he must be quite a lot, because how else would he be able to withstand a 3-hour concert?) and that he is happy. Everyone is focused on Axl's looks, and I think Slash has changed too. ( but he wasn't my taste so...) :lol:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Politania said:

The matter of someone's appearance and whether we like it or not is entitled to someone 's taste, but you can qualify for some things. Axl was a very attractive man when he was 20 sth. People are shocked when they see him now because he has changed  much. Some people don't  age gracefully (I know, we're working towards that too), but it seems to me that after what Axl has been through in his life, he never thought he'd live to this age.  there are health and individual matters such as taking medications that change your appearance a lot and there is not much you can do about it, even when you're rich. my godmother is a very beautiful woman but due to her health condition and the medications  ( she is Axl's age) she is taking she looks like an inflated balloon and can't do anything about it. It's easy to judge someone when you don't know the whole story.
I hope that Axl is healthy, that he is physically fit, ( he must be quite a lot, because how else would he be able to withstand a 3-hour concert?) and that he is happy. Everyone is focused on Axl's looks, and I think Slash has changed too. ( but he wasn't my taste so...) :lol:

I agree, there's many other factors that can be at play with your look and your voice. If he's struggling with health issues, like thyroid issues (as an example) that can really impact a singers ability to stay in key, sometimes the treatments can irreversibly affect the voice too. And if can also mean keeping weight off is a lot more difficult. Who knows the behind the scenes, we see a lot of stars not publicising their health battles. Hopefully there's nothing and he is just eating a lot and not exercising voice or body😄

Anyway, I don't care what he looks like. My interest is hearing him singing great, a "cool" look is a bonus. 

Melissa is more my type anyway😄

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I agree, there's many other factors that can be at play with your look and your voice. If he's struggling with health issues, like thyroid issues (as an example) that can really impact a singers ability to stay in key, sometimes the treatments can irreversibly affect the voice too. And if can also mean keeping weight off is a lot more difficult. Who knows the behind the scenes, we see a lot of stars not publicising their health battles. Hopefully there's nothing and he is just eating a lot and not exercising voice or body😄

Anyway, I don't care what he looks like. My interest is hearing him singing great, a "cool" look is a bonus. 

Melissa is more my type anyway😄

oh yes, I started exercising only when I couldn't move my leg because of the pain:lol:, so I'm probably in his team lol But I do think he is still in better shape then me, I would die if I had to run ( breath ans god forbid sing) for 3 hours:D

Edited by Politania

About Axl's current and recent appearance,we can still see Young Axl's mischievous, rakish, impish,  and playful side when we look at Older Axl. 🤭😄 We can tell they are still the same person, just one is a lot older, almost like looking at a lookalike Father and Son.. 😄🤭

On 3/13/2023 at 12:30 PM, rocknroll41 said:

This. Age 30 is also when creativity (often associated with youth) seems to start declining for a lot of people. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that UYI came out shortly before Axl turned 30, and then that was the last original album he ever released until ChiDem was finally ripped out of his hands in 2008.

Pretty sure Beta also said in that 2001 interview of hers that Axl was considering retirement after the UYI tour, but then changed his mind when Steph dumped him.

Old at heart but I'm only 28...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Majestic Beast said:

The dude should watch his own performances on youtube and do some self criticism,he need a plan to come back to a quality level,cut the 3 hours set list,useless covers,do vocal lessons with his coach,lose some pounds,i mean,he has the proper time to do this so to get in a better shape.

Young Axl's goal was to give three hour Concerts and Older Axl is achieving that! 😁🤘

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

He just played with Carrie Underwood. Surprise surprise, he looks the same 

Not to comment on clothing style but was a bit confusing seeing Axl fckn Rose with these kind of clothes.I think he cut his hair short cause of hair transplant surgery.

Edited by Majestic Beast

I’m not really fussed how he looks as long as he’s happy, healthy, taking care vocally and giving us the best all round performance he can.

But one thing that I’ve just been thinking about is the choice of wearing a biker glove on his left hand only. What’s the deal with that? Seems to have started around mid 2010. MJ did it but apparently was just to hide blotches on his skin from vitiligo. Is there any meaning to it or is it just a fashion statement with Axl? 

39 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

I’m not really fussed how he looks as long as he’s happy, healthy, taking care vocally and giving us the best all round performance he can.

But one thing that I’ve just been thinking about is the choice of wearing a biker glove on his left hand only. What’s the deal with that? Seems to have started around mid 2010. MJ did it but apparently was just to hide blotches on his skin from vitiligo. Is there any meaning to it or is it just a fashion statement with Axl? 

He also did it in 1987 Till 1991 and stoped it around 92 Till 2009. 😊

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JasmineSwe said:

How funny it would be if Axl's face turned up on Swedish milk cartons like that. I'd have a heart attack in the supermarket 😄

Apparently it is real??? It could be a well done photoshop job but it was posted here..

7 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Apparently it is real??? It could be a well done photoshop job but it was posted here..

That could very well be real, the guy looks very Swedish, with an obvious resemblance to Axl. This milk is from the north of Sweden, as I live in the south I've never seen it, doubt it's sold here. My guess is that a GNR fan in northern Sweden found it in the supermarket and had that heart attack 🙂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JasmineSwe said:

That could very well be real, the guy looks very Swedish, with an obvious resemblance to Axl. This milk is from the north of Sweden, as I live in the south I've never seen it, doubt it's sold here. My guess is that a GNR fan in northern Sweden found it in the supermarket and had that heart attack 🙂

It is a scary resemblance! 😂

3 minutes ago, JasmineSwe said:

Under his face it says "from your northern farmers" - considering Axl and his mysterious nature, we can't rule out that he at some point was a dairy farmer in northern Sweden 😁

That’s what he was really doing during the “wilderness years” 😂

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, D4NNY said:

That’s what he was really doing during the “wilderness years” 😂

My thought exactly 😁 It would be just like the beginning of the Don't Cry video, Axl struggling through a snowstorm (the very north of Sweden has a bloody cold and snowy climate). Although I doubt dairy farmers dress like that 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2