What do you think Axl's appearance will be this summer?

4 hours ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

The whole band comes out on stage wearing kfc buckets on their heads.... as a tribute to the best shredder of the bands history... also band now called "Buckets N Roses"

I'd love to see that! 🤭😏 It would be cute and amusing. 🤭😏

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Karice said:

60/61 is no longer considered old in 2023. 😏 Old would be Axl's Parents who would have been like 82 had they still been alive. 

Even though I'm way past thirty, thirty to me is still the cut off line. Not exactly, of course, but yeah. You're young until you're thirty, then you're old. After that, it's just different shades of the same thing.

I don't need to redefine what old is in order to keep myself from feeling old.

I'm old.

It is what it is.

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Swedish said:

The average life expectancy of a 60 year old non-smoker in the US is around 81 years old, Axl at 61 will have lived 75% of that. Calling him an old man would not be entirely out of pocket at this point.

Late 60s/70s then you can start saying old man. I guess we all of different opinions of things.

You're only as old as the person you're under, so Axl is early 20s to 30s

5 hours ago, Nintari said:

Even though I'm way past thirty, thirty to me is still the cut off line. Not exactly, of course, but yeah. You're young until you're thirty, then you're old. After that, it's just different shades of the same thing.

I'm old.

It is what it is.

The cutoff to me is when I saw college girls in bikinis and felt like I needed to look away because they looked like kids.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

I say Axl should have a shaved head, huge white beard.  Leather chaps and the g string.  

I think I just made myself throw up a little with that last comment.   

Spoiler

totally metal idea!!!

2elBE4t.png

Gw4TyL6.png

MedUUBG.png

Edited by BucketEgg
Found a version of old Rob Halford with chaps
  • Haha 2

About People criticizing Axl's looks, he mostly looks good, decent, okay for the most part. There is only ONE completely awful picture of him , one where he looks fat and  is staring at the camera with a menacing look. Axl himself has begged the internet to delete that picture of him , and the internet refuses to delete that picture. But at least one fan said the ragging and dragging he got over that awful picture was the catalyst for him to get into shape and try to look good so it's a blessing in disguise. 😀

10 hours ago, Karice said:

About People criticizing Axl's looks, he mostly looks good, decent, okay for the most part. There is only ONE completely awful picture of him , one where he looks fat and  is staring at the camera with a menacing look. Axl himself has begged the internet to delete that picture of him , and the internet refuses to delete that picture. But at least one fan said the ragging and dragging he got over that awful picture was the catalyst for him to get into shape and try to look good so it's a blessing in disguise. 😀

It was just an unflattering shot though, photos from the same gig are completely different. Bad angle, huge white shirt, facial expression etc. 

I'm sure someone can find pics and show what I mean, he changed outfits mid gig and looked great. Of course that photo is the one that sticks. 

Edited by rumandraisin
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 5:43 AM, Karice said:

I'm a fan of Axl but there's lots of pictures where he doesn't look good and pretty much all of them are from 2001-present. He had model looks that aged from 1994-2000 and whatever he's done to preserve his hair/try to look younger hurt his looks more than if he just embraced aging. It sucks because he was never going to look like his younger self forever and its an unrealistic standard to be held to.

On 3/10/2023 at 10:48 PM, Gnrcane said:

The cutoff to me is when I saw college girls in bikinis and felt like I needed to look away because they looked like kids.

Maybe it's because I've studied so much biology and sociology, but I have no issues with women that age. There have been many studies on the subject, and it was concluded that men from young to very old find women in their early twenties most attractive. Seems our collective definition of what should be is overruled by what nature says is.

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 6:11 PM, Nintari said:

I'm old.

It is what it is.

This. Age 30 is also when creativity (often associated with youth) seems to start declining for a lot of people. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that UYI came out shortly before Axl turned 30, and then that was the last original album he ever released until ChiDem was finally ripped out of his hands in 2008.

Pretty sure Beta also said in that 2001 interview of hers that Axl was considering retirement after the UYI tour, but then changed his mind when Steph dumped him.

Edited by rocknroll41

38 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

To the fans who refuse to believe Chinese Democracy is a GN'R album, will they believe CD2 is a GN'R album if Slash and Duff play guitar on it? 

What does that have to do with the topic of this thread? If this was in response to my comment above; I do consider ChiDem a GnR album, but Axl was clearly the one “running the show” during its entire gestation period, and probably had a lot to do with the constant delays. Even Stinson admitted in a 2009 interview that Axl still wasn’t ready to put it out in 2008 and that the label “snatched it out of his hands” (his words, not mine).

17 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

What does that have to do with the topic of this thread? If this was in response to my comment above; I do consider ChiDem a GnR album, but Axl was clearly the one “running the show” during its entire gestation period, and probably had a lot to do with the constant delays. Even Stinson admitted in a 2009 interview that Axl still wasn’t ready to put it out in 2008 and that the label “snatched it out of his hands” (his words, not mine).

They waited  10 years too late to "snatch Chinese Democracy out of his hands. "😒 😑They should have "Snatched Chinese Democracy out of his hands in by

1998 at the most. 🧐😒

Edited by Karice

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I thought I was in the new album thread, which is my primary residence. But it wasn't in response to your post, I just know there's plenty of delusional fans who refuse to believe the 2008 album was Guns N' Roses. 

Anyways, thanks for reminding me to contribute to the subject of this thread: I believe Axl will look as he did the last time we saw him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Karice said:

They waited  10 years too late to "snatch Chinese Democracy out of his hands. "😒 😑They should have "Snatched Chinese Democracy out of his hands in by

1998 at the most. 🧐😒

I don’t think Axl started working on the vocals until like late 1998 or early 1999.

I like the final product, but I think I prefer the Antiquiet version (which I believe is from like 2003 or something).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I don’t think Axl started working on the vocals until like late 1998 or early 1999.

I like the final product, but I think I prefer the Antiquiet version (which I believe is from like 2003 or something).

I could be wrong, but I think the 2007 MSL leaks are the tracks from 2004~ and the Antiquiet leaks are some of the Andy Wallace mixes from 2006. The Antiquiet versions of TWAT and Prostitute are the best versions of those songs IMO.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I could be wrong, but I think the 2007 MSL leaks are the tracks from 2004~ and the Antiquiet leaks are some of the Andy Wallace mixes from 2006. The Antiquiet versions of TWAT and Prostitute are the best versions of those songs IMO.

Ah, Gotchya. I assumed the Antiquiet stuff was from before 2006 since Bumblefoot is not on any of it.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There is an insane boxset here, obviously there isn't the appetite from label or general fans for it though

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

This. Age 30 is also when creativity (often associated with youth) seems to start declining for a lot of people. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that UYI came out shortly before Axl turned 30, and then that was the last original album he ever released until ChiDem was finally ripped out of his hands in 2008.

Pretty sure Beta also said in that 2001 interview of hers that Axl was considering retirement after the UYI tour, but then changed his mind when Steph dumped him.

Yes, thirty is when most artists seem to slide creatively. But I don't believe it has much to do with biology. I think it's more or less about the bullet count, so to speak. By thirty, depending on the artist in question, you've spent a lot of bullets. Most people only have so many, and even the very best don't have an unlimited amount. So by thirty, most artists are all used up, and that's why I think the art starts to suffer. The age is irrelevant.

If you look at artists that started later, like Roger Waters (he didn't take over Pink Floyd until he was pushing thirty), it sort of backs up the aforementioned hypothesis. He was about thirty-two when Wish You Were Here released; thirty-seven for The Wall. His slide happened in his early forties... about ten years or so after he started writing full-time.

• Like 1