Red Hand Chinese Democracy

4 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

It’s just 2nd hand copies doing the rounds. And even then - loads were actually defective (inner groove distortion) meaning the last songs on each side sounded dreadful. I think it was just USA prints.

I had to source an EU copy from Discogs.

AND….you can’t even buy it from the official GNR website. 🤦‍♂️

Ah, I was thinking of the CD and not vinyl. My US pressing was crap. I may grab a EU copy one of these days for the collection. I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped printing the CD too.

15 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Ah, I was thinking of the CD and not vinyl. My US pressing was crap. I may grab a EU copy one of these days for the collection. I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped printing the CD too.

I just assumed they had stopped the CDs too to be honest. I can absolutely verify that the EU copy is streets ahead of the US version. I know you are a Chinese Democracy fanatic so it’s well worth the investment. 👍

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I know mate - utter joke CD, Live Era etc aren’t even available via the bands own site. 🤦‍♂️ I’ve even contemplated having my own ‘sleeve’ printed to cover my vinyl such is my disdain for the bike cover. 🤣 

😂😂😂 I don’t mind the bike cover, but the Red Hand and Grenade cover are superior. I actually seen a fan made cover of the Grenade up for sale on eBay a few months ago, the only issue was the title was at the top of the sleeve instead of at the side so it be put me off making a bid. It was just the cover, no actual record came with it and I’m sure I stopped looking when it got to $40+. Crazy! I don’t think it’s cheap to do, so it’s the sort of thing that would only be worthwhile ordering in bulk if there was enough support/interest

Just now, Dean said:

😂😂😂 I don’t mind the bike cover, but the Red Hand and Grenade cover are superior. I actually seen a fan made cover of the Grenade up for sale on eBay a few months ago, the only issue was the title was at the top of the sleeve instead of at the side so it be put me off making a bid. It was just the cover, no actual record came with it and I’m sure I stopped looking when it got to $40+. Crazy! I don’t think it’s cheap to do, so it’s the sort of thing that would only be worthwhile ordering in bulk if there was enough support/interest

Yeah - I had started looking at ‘types of sleeves’ etc and enquiring about high rez copies of the red hand and grenade. I got hold of an extremely high rez Hand but struggled to get a grenade one (when I stretched it, it became pretty pixelated).

3 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I wish someone would make high quality copies of the grenade cover/booklets and inner insert. I'd pay good money for one or two.

Me too. It’s ridiculous we have to resort to such lengths. 🤣

6 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Yeah - I had started looking at ‘types of sleeves’ etc and enquiring about high rez copies of the red hand and grenade. I got hold of an extremely high rez Hand but struggled to get a grenade one (when I stretched it, it became pretty pixelated).

I have a high resolution Grenade cover, but it’s not the How Are You one. The artist had made several others with different slogans, can’t remember what it says. I’ll dig it out next time I’m on my PC.

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I wish someone would make high quality copies of the grenade cover/booklets and inner insert. I'd pay good money for one or two.

+1

20 minutes ago, Dean said:

I have a high resolution Grenade cover, but it’s not the How Are You one. The artist had made several others with different slogans, can’t remember what it says. I’ll dig it out next time I’m on my PC.

+1

Cool mate - I’d still be keen to have a copy all the same. 👍

3 hours ago, Dean said:

A reissue with the three covers would be fucking sweet, don’t hold your breath considering the prices Live Era goes for though, as that should’ve been reissued years ago!

I keep toying with the idea of selling my LP of Live Era. It's sealed, and it's not like I'm ever going to open it at the prices it's fetching nowadays...so what good is it doing me other than bragging rights? :shrugs: I paid about $100 for it maybe 15 years ago, I could turn a massive profit on that. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I keep toying with the idea of selling my LP of Live Era. It's sealed, and it's not like I'm ever going to open it at the prices it's fetching nowadays...so what good is it doing me other than bragging rights? :shrugs: I paid about $100 for it maybe 15 years ago, I could turn a massive profit on that. 

Only one is up for sale on Discogs...opened...for £600. I don't think there are any out there on eBay either. You could definitely make pure profit on that!

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I think I payed around 125 for Live Era, it wasn't sealed but it was in great shape. I haven't checked the prices in a few years but are they still going for $500~ or more?

I bought mine for about the same price if I remember right. 

I just took a look on Discogs a minute ago and there's only one for sale at $850

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I just took a look on Discogs a minute ago and there's only one for sale at $850

And that is why it remains one of the few vinyls I want that won’t be in my collection unless there’s a reprint. I don’t understand why the record company, and the band, wouldn’t want to capitalize on the obvious demand. Too little reward for the effort compared to touring the hits for another year?

17 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

And that is why it remains one of the few vinyls I want that won’t be in my collection unless there’s a reprint. I don’t understand why the record company, and the band, wouldn’t want to capitalize on the obvious demand. Too little reward for the effort compared to touring the hits for another year?

This is going to come off way more shitty then I mean it, but what else do you expect from GN'R? 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

There was always one or two listed at ridiculous prices that never sold... I assume that one's been listed for a while? :lol:

Rollin' Records had a colored-vinyl version for like $50, but it's been sold out for a while. If I hadn't found my copy for a decent price, I probably would've got a bootleg version by now.

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This is going to come off way more shitty then I mean it, but what else do you expect from GN'R? 

Haha, I learned a long time ago to expect absolutely nothing from Axl  

• GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Yes I have an album on my phone of all of the HQ scans of the booklet. I'll probably just keep it sealed. And very cool I will definitely be on the lookout for that!

Here's the video I mentioned :)

• Like 2

I legitimately think the hand and grenade covers are great and have cool art. The actual release want terrible (aside from the spelling errors) but the weakest of the three imo.

Axl's essay was drivel and pretentious, but at least it was something he cared about

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I legitimately think the hand and grenade covers are great and have cool art. The actual release want terrible (aside from the spelling errors) but the weakest of the three imo.

Axl's essay was drivel and pretentious, but at least it was something he cared about

Do you have a link to read the essay?

Edited by jackparker123