09/29/21 - Raleigh, NC - PNC Arena

Powerage5

6 hours ago, Jwalker19 said:

I was extremely forgiving on Axl's performance of Hard Skool in Baltimore and was just so stoked they finally played it. I also didn't think Axl was nearly as bad as a lot of people were making it out to be. This performance in Raleigh was extremely bad. It seriously blows my mind that people saw it as an improvement. Axl sounded much worse and the timing issue in the last quarter was absolutely atrocious. Axl desperately needs to rehearse it.

Same here, the first one was better. The weird timing thing...I don't understand what happens there. Must be some kind of extreme latency with the in ear monitoring? Never happens to any other artist? 

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Same here, the first one was better. The weird timing thing...I don't understand what happens there. Must be some kind of extreme latency with the in ear monitoring? Never happens to any other artist? 

Same thing happened in other songs, I think it was nightrain he was behind a few beats. Something strange going on with his IEM.

2 hours ago, felixGNR said:

why does he should  give a shit?

99% of the people attending  do not go to see CD songs, most of the fans crying about Slash playing, are those same saying the band sounded great 2001-14 etc.  01-07 was a fucking  mess (imo)  songs didn't  sound right. ( i don't  wanna talk about Finck playing)

At the very least out of respect for the material, for the people that wrote it, and for the people enjoying the songs?

I expect the same when Axl does something like Slither.

16 hours ago, FabioRoses said:

ofc it wont, doesn't need to. 

Hmmm

I have to disagree with you on that one. Perfect Crime is meant to be a fast-paced energetic GNR song, and slowing it down by 25 percent would ruin the feeling of the song. 

15 hours ago, Jwalker19 said:

I was extremely forgiving on Axl's performance of Hard Skool in Baltimore and was just so stoked they finally played it. I also didn't think Axl was nearly as bad as a lot of people were making it out to be. This performance in Raleigh was extremely bad. It seriously blows my mind that people saw it as an improvement. Axl sounded much worse and the timing issue in the last quarter was absolutely atrocious. Axl desperately needs to rehearse it.

He’s too busy to rehearse and attend soundchecks on the road. Too busy doing what I’ve got no idea considering the guy doesn’t have a traditional family of his own and has zero normal responsibilities for a 59 year old guy, but too busy nonetheless. 

9 hours ago, batatadoce said:

Because he is a professional musician. The same Axl should give a shit and not take half a tour to start to sound decent, maybe slash could learn or write some solos like he did for better.

I hear what you’re sayin in theory, but let’s also remember that this is the first time they’ve played this song in 4 years. Also for all we know Axl decided to do this song at the last second the other night. I don’t think Slash is sitting around worrying about playing this once in a blue moon song that was on an album he famously didn’t even play on. Also they shouldn’t play it again unless they change the background graphics. 🤮

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Towelie said:

1 song, likely added to the set as a last minute addition, during a long tenure with the band.

Slash has had 5yrs to come up with something memorable and structured for the CD songs. The only song he's bothered doing that for is Better. He sucks the life out of the rest of them.

Squidward, your first paragraph is pretty much exactly the same as Slash with CITR. This is the first time they played it in 4 years. Better and CD are the CD songs they play normally. CD the song sounds fine and Axl’s vocals murder Better almost every damn night so I’m not really sure what your beef with Slash is.