09/29/21 - Raleigh, NC - PNC Arena

Powerage5

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Battleground is a really nice solo!

For me, he hasn't written a 10/10 solo since VR and more specifically Fall to pieces, Dirty little thing, Slither but there have obviously been some other good ones on the solo albums and libertad.

I agree. Since Anastasia on the first SMKC record. As far as memorable solo and songs go. I know battleground and The One is pretty good but no one outside of us care. Slash solo had a bunch like by the sword. Snakepits had some of his best. And of course VR

7 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Another really fucking stupid post from you.

We shouldn't "complain" about Slash playing Catcher's solo like shit, because... it's a Chinese Democracy song?

So we should only complain about the solos that you care about? Please make a list so next time it doesn't happen again.

Oh, and why should I be grateful that Slash and Duff are back in 2021? They have been back for half a decade.

What I'm saying is that it's never enough. They are playing a Lot of Chinese stuff wich is cool and probably none of us tought they would play that much and they play Catcher after 4 years and You are complaining about how he plays the solo. When Will You be satisfied? That was My point

44 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Having a different opinion isn't necessarily the same as complaining. If you like his solo or don't care then that's great, but why let it bother you if other people on the Internet don't feel the same way?

Saying Slash sucks on it and Richard should play the lead on Chinese songs doesn't sound like giving an opinion. But maybe I'm wrong

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

Saying Slash sucks on it and Richard should play the lead on Chinese songs doesn't sound like giving an opinion. But maybe I'm wrong

Compare the live performances of TWAT and Madagascar. Richard has a much better feeling for those guitar solos. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My twopence... not a huge Chinese Democracy fan. I think there are a few good tracks on it. I am however a supporter of the current lineup playing material from the album. That said I wasn't overly impressed with Slash on TWAT and agree with other posters that perhaps Richard should be given the lead parts on some/most/all songs from the album. The guitar playing on CD is very different stylistically from Slash and I'm not sure his blues based approach necessarily works with those songs. Just an opinion though! Will however call out Slash for contributions on Hard Skool, which to my ears, drastically improve that song tenfold.

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 hours ago, agustingloger said:

About Slash's solo on Catcher... Who really cares? I couldn't care less about how Slash plays the fucking solo of Catcher and  seriously can't beliveve how some of you complain about this. Be grateful You have Slash and Duff back in the band and playing that stuff and 6 songs per show. 

I'm not against they play Chinese's stuff but maybe with 3 we would be fine and removing Slither if that's a win for You. 

But get mad at Slash for his solo in Catcher is just hilarious 

Oh shut the hell up🤣 "just be greatful". It's not complaining it's critiquing and if you have a problem with that ignore it, this forum is for voicing your opinion. your opinion is to just like it because we have the 3, other opinions are not everything the 3 do together is amazing. Love how you skip through the thread and pick the 1 or 2 critical comments completely ignoring the many positives. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Compare the live performances of TWAT and Madagascar. Richard has a much better feeling for those guitar solos. 

Here’s the thing regardless of who you think is better suited for particular songs, did Richard even play more lead than DJ Ashba when he was in the band? I’m not sure but I doubt it. If you like CD songs played live then the current set up is what you’re gonna get because I don’t think anyone else is playing lead guitar as long as Slash is in the band. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

What I'm saying is that it's never enough. They are playing a Lot of Chinese stuff wich is cool and probably none of us tought they would play that much and they play Catcher after 4 years and You are complaining about how he plays the solo. When Will You be satisfied? That was My point

Most people thought the solo in Catcher was good on that gig... not sure what you're on about🤣

2 hours ago, agustingloger said:

About Slash's solo on Catcher... Who really cares? I couldn't care less about how Slash plays the fucking solo of Catcher and  seriously can't beliveve how some of you complain about this. Be grateful You have Slash and Duff back in the band and playing that stuff and 6 songs per show. 

I'm not against they play Chinese's stuff but maybe with 3 we would be fine and removing Slither if that's a win for You. 

But get mad at Slash for his solo in Catcher is just hilarious 

The "be grateful" thing REALLY doesn't wash when you're talking products and commerce. 

If they were giving us stuff for nothing, then yeah, you'd have a point. But they aren't. They very much set up their stall as a business, so really people should be as "grateful" to them as they are to Coke or Nike for sticking their products in the shops for us to buy. 

For what it's worth- I think it's great they're doing this stuff. If people don't though, that's their opinion and if they don't like the way Slash is playing it....fair enough.

If I buy a beer and think it's shit, I'm going to say I think it's shit, regardless of whether my friend loves it. And vice versa. Same thing here. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Most people thought the solo in Catcher was good on that gig... not sure what you're on about🤣

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

The "be grateful" thing REALLY doesn't wash when you're talking products and commerce. 

If they were giving us stuff for nothing, then yeah, you'd have a point. But they aren't. They very much set up their stall as a business, so really people should be as "grateful" to them as they are to Coke or Nike for sticking their products in the shops for us to buy. 

For what it's worth- I think it's great they're doing this stuff. If people don't though, that's their opinion and if they don't like the way Slash is playing it....fair enough.

If I buy a beer and think it's shit, I'm going to say I think it's shit, regardless of whether my friend loves it. And vice versa. Same thing here. 

Yeah but if You've been drinking the same beer for five years now You should know by now. If You think is shit and You still drink it it's weird to complain about the same thing over and over. We all know by now Slash doesn't play like the record and complaining every solo he plays its kind of dumb

30 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Oh shut the hell up🤣 "just be greatful". It's not complaining it's critiquing and if you have a problem with that ignore it, this forum is for voicing your opinion. your opinion is to just like it because we have the 3, other opinions are not everything the 3 do together is amazing. Love how you skip through the thread and pick the 1 or 2 critical comments completely ignoring the many positives. 

Why would i pick positive comments? My point was clear i Guess. For me some people Will always complain and for You it's OK if they do

49 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

My twopence... not a huge Chinese Democracy fan. I think there are a few good tracks on it. I am however a supporter of the current lineup playing material from the album. That said I wasn't overly impressed with Slash on TWAT and agree with other posters that perhaps Richard should be given the lead parts on some/most/all songs from the album. The guitar playing on CD is very different stylistically from Slash and I'm not sure his blues based approach necessarily works with those songs. Just an opinion though! Will however call out Slash for contributions on Hard Skool, which to my ears, drastically improve that song tenfold.

The problem isn’t Slash being more blues based. He could’ve killed it on Buckets bluesy Sorry solo. Problem is the incoherent, uninspired, unprepared noodling 

Edited by Top-Hatted One
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Here’s the thing regardless of who you think is better suited for particular songs, did Richard even play more lead than DJ Ashba when he was in the band? I’m not sure but I doubt it. If you like CD songs played live then the current set up is what you’re gonna get because I don’t think anyone else is playing lead guitar as long as Slash is in the band. 

Agreed and that’s how it should be just wish Slash would step it up and show a little more pride and effort

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, agustingloger said:

This is the problem with the internet and social media. Everyone has access to every show on a tour. There was no issues with set lists, solo's. You went to see the show and that was it. Now everyone is an expert and dissects every show.

35 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Stop being rational and objective, please. This is an internet forum. :P 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

The problem isn’t Slash being more blues based. He could’ve killed it on Buckets bluesy Sorry solo. Problem is the incoherent, uninspired, unprepared noodling 

That's perhaps because he is struggling to find a zone comfortable for him within the song? My point was that he is more primarily blues based (which ain't a criticism) and I know first hand that when that is yer thing, it can sometimes be hard to find yourself musically in songs that are not blues based. Note: emphasis on the words 'can' and 'sometimes'.

You are wrong !!

That's exactly what it is, an opinion, you might not agree with it, but it doesn't stop being opinion. As for complaining about complaints, I'm here to inform you that this is a forum, its what we are here to do, to discuss, debate and  nitpick any and every little detail about this band. It may not be the most productive or healthy thing to do with our time, but if i don't complain about Axl not using is lower register enough at least once a day, I don't fell well

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That sounds exactly like an opinion. If someone digs Bumblefoot's original solo and is disappointed that Slash doesn't play it that way - that's indeed just an opinion. It's not mindless negativity just because you disagree with it.

This is a forum filled with die hard Guns N' Roses fans who are going to have all kinds of opinions. Some people think the band was at its creative peak with Buckethead while others think the band is nothing without Slash. Some love Chinese Democracy and some don't. Welcome to the real world. No use in getting upset every time you don't agree with someone on something. Discuss it and/or move on.

You're honestly doing more complaining than the people you are complaining about.

• Like 4