[NEW ALBUM DISCUSSION THREAD] Gibson Launches Record Label, to Release Slash Album Next Year

Ralphelmo

7 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Drums sound so thin, what the hell, Dave :( I guess it will be more pleasant to listen to the performance that will be streamed on Feb 11th than the actual album...

I agree. I'm going to rip the audio from that livestream video to play in the car and that'll probably get played more than the actual record itself. Yeah I've lost all respect for Dave Cobb as a producer after hearing this.

1 hour ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I was able to watch it because I had it open before it got taken down. There was new music playing in the background. Nothing that stood out as being good imo

At this point, I'm going to be happy if there're one or two songs on that record that I really like. I don't expect much more tbh...

Having said that, I was very skeptical until I heard LTD in full and ended up loving it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Free Bird said:

At this point, I'm going to be happy if there're one or two songs on that record that I really like. I don't expect much more tbh...

Having said that, I was very skeptical until I heard LTD in full and ended up loving it.

Well so far I really like the river is rising and I like to almost really like call of the dogs. Fill my world, honestly I hated it at the start. But after reading the interview with Myles where he explains the origins of the song. There I am with a few beers in me, reading the lyrics and hugging my dog almost crying. I now absolutely love the song. I find it incredible how an opinion can change so drastically of a song whenever you find the meaning of it. Couple all that with the previews of the other songs, I'm confident that this will be a great album :slash:

• Like 4

They both sound ok, still hoping for some more WOF style bangers. Kind of wishing this album was going to be a little longer, like around 13 songs. It would be nice if they showed more of the recording process in these videos like in the WOF one, they're not showing much it's mostly them talking.

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

They both sound ok, still hoping for some more WOF style bangers. Kind of wishing this album was going to be a little longer, like around 13 songs. It would be nice if they showed more of the recording process in these videos like in the WOF one, they're not showing much it's mostly them talking.

I definitely agree on wishing it was longer because we have already heard :

1 River is rising

2 Fill my world

3 Call off the dogs

4 April fools preview (making of part 2)

5 Path less followed preview (mop 2)

6 C'est la vie (blue vinyl ad)

7 Intro riff on the red vinyl ad

8 Heavy grunge song (live performance ad)

9. Wee solo bit (live performance)

That leaves one song where we haven't heard anything from yet. But even with that list I'm hyped. More so for April fools, C'est la vie and the heavy one. 

9 hours ago, skik08 said:

I definitely agree on wishing it was longer because we have already heard :

1 River is rising

2 Fill my world

3 Call off the dogs

4 April fools preview (making of part 2)

5 Path less followed preview (mop 2)

6 C'est la vie (blue vinyl ad)

7 Intro riff on the red vinyl ad

8 Heavy grunge song (live performance ad)

9. Wee solo bit (live performance)

That leaves one song where we haven't heard anything from yet. But even with that list I'm hyped. More so for April fools, C'est la vie and the heavy one. 

I thought #4 was Actions Speak Louder Than Words? Just guessing because it sounds like there's some cowbell there and the bio mentioned that song having cowbell. #9 is the solo for #5 (same guitar used in the livestream clip). I've stopped listening to the songs that have already been released so that I can enjoy it when the whole record is out.

I was told a while back that they had like 2 dozen or so songs written, would've been cool if they had recorded all of it then released 2 records, one now and another in the fall or in a year. Or just done a double album since it's going to be a couple years until they get around to recording again (depending on GnR).

• Like 1