[NEW ALBUM DISCUSSION THREAD] Gibson Launches Record Label, to Release Slash Album Next Year

Ralphelmo

10 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Also remember those clips are from the livestream performance, not the actual album.

Hold up, it's from a livestream that hasn't happened yet? There must be some good weed in the US, or I'm not getting something here.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

11 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

C'est La Vie doesn't get me at all, April Fools though... :)

I noticed you weren't that excited about the songs from this album so far, do you think you will still like it, or what are your expectations for this album?

And agreed C'est La Vie does nothing for me from that snippet, but how fucking good is April Fool? What an awesome song.

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Hold up, it's from a livestream that hasn't happened yet? There must be some good weed in the US, or I'm not getting something here.

They might have played it live when they recorded it but will air it on Friday.

That's still not a live stream but maybe they just promote it that way.

That's just a guess btw. They might do a real live stream on February 11

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Free Bird said:

It doesn't sound to me like they are uploading an already recorded thing and proceed to call that a livestream, how idiotic would that be seriously. You can't live stream something that already happened. How does that make sense?

This leaves two possibilities: either the previous poster who wrote that the audio is from a future livestream that hasn't occured yet has the best weed, or Slashs camp is so boneheaded that they are calling the act of uploading a video "a livestream", instead of streaming live. This is funny, because in any scenario, someone was high AF, lol.

19 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

15 hours ago, Free Bird said:

15 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It doesn't sound to me like they are uploading an already recorded thing and proceed to call that a livestream, how idiotic would that be seriously. You can't live stream something that already happened. How does that make sense?

This leaves two possibilities: either the previous poster who wrote that the audio is from a future livestream that hasn't occured yet has the best weed, or Slashs camp is so boneheaded that they are calling the act of uploading a video "a livestream", instead of streaming live. This is funny, because in any scenario, someone was high AF, lol.

It was recorded back in May but they're airing it on the 11th. They're calling it a livestream but it's prerecorded (which is what most livestreams are now). The clips in the bts videos are from it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skik08 said:

The description of Fall Back To Earth sounds very promising. I'm getting more and more excited for this record.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

It was recorded back in May but they're airing it on the 11th. They're calling it a livestream but it's prerecorded (which is what most livestreams are now). The clips in the bts videos are from it.

WTF. How is that any more live than watching a movie? Are movies a livestream then? What’s the difference between watching something recorded in May 2021 or an old movie? This makes 0 sense to me.

6 hours ago, skik08 said:

That sounds cool. Sounds to me like it’ll be an upgrade from LTD. Spirit Love and April Fool are my picks to want to hear the most.

6 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

WTF. How is that any more live than watching a movie? Are movies a livestream then? What’s the difference between watching something recorded in May 2021 or an old movie? This makes 0 sense to me.

Well that's what it is. A lot of bands are doing something similar now but it's already prerecorded, they're not playing it live at that moment. That way all the video can be properly edited and audio mixed. Think of it more as a premiere of the live performance.

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Well that's what it is. A lot of bands are doing something similar now but it's already prerecorded, they're not playing it live at that moment. That way all the video can be properly edited and audio mixed. Think of it more as a premiere of the live performance.

All it is is uploading a video to Youtube. I don't know why we have to sugarcoat that as "premiere" when we don't use that word for all other new Youtube videos coming out every day. Those "premiere" I guess?

Slashs people really dropped the ball on this calling that a livestream. Just so deceitful..should have just done a livestream for real.

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

All it is is uploading a video to Youtube. I don't know why we have to sugarcoat that as "premiere" when we don't use that word for all other new Youtube videos coming out every day. Those "premiere" I guess?

Slashs people really dropped the ball on this calling that a livestream. Just so deceitful..should have just done a livestream for real.

I don’t see the problem. Look at it as recorded live performance just release later due to the record release and probably other time issues.

I agree it's not a live stream if they air a prior recorded session but who cares? I enjoy it if it's a good gig and don't mind when it was recorded.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I don’t see the problem. Look at it as recorded live performance just release later due to the record release and probably other time issues.

I agree it's not a live stream if they air a prior recorded session but who cares? I enjoy it if it's a good gig and don't mind when it was recorded.

No doubt it's a good gig. If you can call it that even..this is exactly the same thing as the album now isn't it. Them playing the songs live in a studio without an audience. Maybe @MaskingApathy will like the mix on this alternate version better atleast:lol:

On 2/5/2022 at 7:27 AM, StrangerInThisTown said:

You can't live stream something that already happened. How does that make sense?

That's basically what television is 🤷‍♂️

I suppose dropping the word 'live' calling it a 'stream' or 'debut' would be somewhat fairer though

Has anyone pre-ordered from the Slash store before? Will they ship the boxsets in time for them to arrive on the 11th? 

As for the stream, I'm excited for it and it's pretty cool that they are doing it free of charge. During the pandemic many bands charged for similar concert experiences as am alternative to live shows due to closures. Of course Slash isn't exactly hurting for money and they will be touring as well. 

8 hours ago, Chuerta86 said:

Has anyone pre-ordered from the Slash store before? Will they ship the boxsets in time for them to arrive on the 11th? 

As for the stream, I'm excited for it and it's pretty cool that they are doing it free of charge. During the pandemic many bands charged for similar concert experiences as am alternative to live shows due to closures. Of course Slash isn't exactly hurting for money and they will be touring as well. 

No, but I ordered mine from Amazon and it will arrive on the 11th.

On 2/6/2022 at 5:40 AM, StrangerInThisTown said:

No doubt it's a good gig. If you can call it that even..this is exactly the same thing as the album now isn't it. Them playing the songs live in a studio without an audience. Maybe @MaskingApathy will like the mix on this alternate version better atleast:lol:

Oh I already like the mix better based on the clips we've heard so far, I'm planning on ripping the audio to play in my car.

It's like this one, they called it a livestream but it was obviously recorded earlier and edited together. It premiered on a certain date/time then after the whole thing aired it was available to rewatch.

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Oh I already like the mix better based on the clips we've heard so far, I'm planning on ripping the audio to play in my car.

I've read more than once now that the sound of this record is awesome. In the german edition of RockHard they wrote something like SMKC's records have always a good sound but this one is on another level.

I've no idea about stuff like this but maybe the digital release doesn’t sound as good as the physical CD because it was recorded on tape? 

I'm gonna wait til Friday when my copy arrives, then I'll give it a listen and will post my opinion.